• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor NiGHTS (Sega) Ability Additions

Just some simple and self explanatory additions for NiGHTS and Wizeman.

NiGHTS​

P&A Additions:

Sealing: Should be superior to 3rd level Nightmarens. 3rd level Nightmarens are capable of creating Ideya Capture(creatures that seal away Ideya). They should also have it due to sharing their 1st level Nightmare status with Reala. Both of them should share the same abilities according to Reala’s bio from the Japanese website of NiD. In Journey Of Dreams, Reala displays the ability to seal others in cages.

Reality Warping and Pocket Dimension Creation: I was looking through the page history, and I have no clue why this ability was removed. NiGHTS should be superior to the second level nightmaren. Second Level nightmaren are capable of creating their own dream worlds. It’s also implied that Reala (a character who is already established to share all of his abilities with NiGHTS) can do it too.

Dimensional Travel: NiGHTS can appear in the real world, which is a separate dimension from Nightopia

Duplication: While dualizing with multiple people at once, they can make a clone of themselves. They do it in both games.

Minor Speed Revision:

NiGHTS’ speed rating should say “Higher with Drill Dash” The Drill Dash technique allows NiGHTS to fly faster than they normally can

Wizeman

P&A Additions:

Sealing and Magic: According to the NiD manual, Wizeman trapped NiGHTS in the Ideya Palace using a spell.

Power Bestowal: As the creator of all of the Nightmarens, he is the one who gave them all of their abilities.

Earth Manipulation: I think that Wizeman current justification for telekinesis makes more sense as a justification for Earth Manipulation. He’s supernaturally controlling large stones. I’m not saying that Telekinesis should be removed though.

Telekinesis: I feel the justification for Telekinesis should instead mention the fact that Wizman had the ability to telekinetically launch Elliot/Claris away from NiGHTS.

That is all.

Last edited:
For the sealing; I think we'd need to track down the original jp scan on the official jp site to translate that to link on the profile, which I'm pretty sure some links in the profile already have linked to. ("Reala has many problems with NiGHTS because of their equal ability and opposing character.") Reala profile wen. ;)

Looking at this link and machine translating some of the text, the translation of it on the nightsintodreams.com fansite checks out for Reala having equal abilities so consider me agreeing :)

I think that was redundant for dimensional travel but its listed under self teleportation so I guess we could list it again.

Not sure if it counts as true duplication for the fusing. Its sorta just sharing the ability between the kids. Neutral here.

For the speed you could also note that the rocket powerup form gives them an even greater amp, which I'm still trying to track down there being an official statement about it doubling speed, but pixel scaling in game it appears to be so anyway.

Rest looks Gucci!

Last edited:
For the sealing; I think we'd need to track down the original jp scan on the official jp site to translate that to link on the profile, which I'm pretty sure some links in the profile already have linked to. ("Reala has many problems with NiGHTS because of their equal ability and opposing character.") Reala profile wen. ;)

Looking at this link and machine translating some of the text, the translation of it on the nightsintodreams.com fansite checks out for Reala having equal abilities so consider me agreeing
Thank you for this.
Not sure if it counts as true duplication for the fusing. Its sorta just sharing the ability between the kids. Neutral here.
I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I disagree. When NiGHTS gives the kids their powers, the powers are split evenly among both kids, they divide themselves into two completely identical versions of themselves. Acodrining to the Fissionism page, that falls under Duplication.

Looking at this link and machine translating some of the text, the translation of it on the nightsintodreams.com fansite checks out for Reala having equal abilities so consider me agreeing :)

I think that was redundant for dimensional travel but its listed under self teleportation so I guess we could list it again.

For the speed you could also note that the rocket powerup form gives them an even greater amp, which I'm still trying to track down there being an official statement about it doubling speed, but pixel scaling in game it appears to be so anyway.

Rest looks Gucci!
I agree with this post

For my stance on duplication its an ability that doesn't seem to be doable unless it's with the conditions of having two targets to dualize with. Like with them fusing with only one kid but they can't just presumably just make another copy of themself with that kid alone out of nowhere without another kid or willing fusee available. It would need to be clarified more to be listed is all I'm asking for, I can agree on adding it, it just looks limited.

Back