• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirror Man vs Trickster

Mirror Ma vs Trickster

The Premise: Mirror Man is stopping some criminals from robbing a store, when suddenly, out of the sky, a single rubber chicken falls and lands on Mirror Man's head, and chokes out a despaired squeeeeaak! Mirror Man looks upward, confused, only to see what looks like a crescent moon hanging in the sky above him. Upon noticing this, the moon swivels around and is divided into multiple teeth. The grin descends, and glows as the silhouette of a blonde man in a crazy outfit with some sort of odd sword appears.

"Nice work on those theives, pal. But they were sooooooooo below your skill level. I bet I could give 'ya a run for your money. What'dya say, wanna dance?"

Mirror Man shimmers as his body changes to glass. A smirk crosses his face...

The Setting: A regular sized city. A few skyscrapers, but nothing too impressive. Around average population. The weather is sunny. Not a cloud in the sky.

Specifics: Win is by knocking the opponent unconscious or otherwise rendering them completly unable to battle.

Rules: Both of them are well rested, and at their most common tier. This is 8-C for Trickster and somewhere between 8-A and 7-C for Mirror Man. Neither can recieve help from (non summons) allies in the area. Morals are on.

1. Trickster cannot summon more than one thing at a time. Nor can he summon anything so large that it would cause extensive collateral damage to the city, such as King Ghidorah, or a nuclear bomb. The same rules apply to Mirror Man, as he is a superhero, he will by trying to avoid accidentally killing someone or causing immense collateral damage.

2. Both can use any and all weapons detailed in their standard equipment (sans Trickster's explosive items). The gag items Trickster has are: A grappling hook yo-yo, smoke bomb rubber chickens, and bladed playing cards.

3. Trickster cannot go into/drag Mirror Man into the Chaos Nightclub. He can only summon from it. This is to prevent a cheap win by having an insta-tier 3.

I'll list some pros and cons for each.

Mirror Man:

Pros: His attack and Reaction speeds outclass most all of Trickster's attacks, save his rainbow beam attack, which Mirror Man could redirect.

In hand to hand or at least close combat, he would have the upper hand, as he can react faster and redirect even blunt energy, in addition to shape shifting to avoid attacks.

Cons: Even with Faster than light reaction speeds, there's only so much you can do with peak human speed to avoid a sword or a series of falling cars or anvils.

As Trickster's existance is truly based in the Chaos Nightclub, the Baton would have a smaller effect.

Trickster:

Pros: He can attack from a distance with his Memenado Mash attack (summoning balls of energy from his sword that cause physical damage) or his throwing cards or Ares symbols. As the universe is lighthearted, Trickster will also be very able to channel his powers.

Trickster can teleport to avoid attacks, or lower the amount of sunlight using a smoke bomb.

As the Memenado can slice through the universe, how well Mirror Man could reflect this energy is questionable. (I'll leave that to Eliminator)

Cons: Many of Trickster's magic and energy attacks, including several of his powerful smirk mode attacks, will be rendered useless by Mirror Man's physiology.

Trickster can't keep outrunning or teleporting forever, he has the stamina of an average human.

Trickster will be making few moves to protect himself, (see Apathy/Impatience), creating a double edge scenario for him. He will make himself more vulnerable, but he will not hesitate to attack at all.

I don't know who would win. Though I'd give it to Trickster if he uses True Memenado, but he probably wouldn't risk the population for it. Mirror Man shows some promise in this scenerio.

About his reflective capacities, Mirror Man can reflect the slicing attack of Trickster, but if he is caught off-guard/doesn't reflects, his death is assured.

And this battle is interesting. I'd say that he stomps, but just like how Trickster said, he can't do much about a lot of cars falling on him. And since that is blunt damage, unless he reflects it, he will be one-shotted by that attack.

I say that Trickster would win if he did something like that, but if he doesn't pays attentions/attempts to use energy attacks, he can be killed VERY quickly.

I'm saying that Trickster wins, but with very high difficulties.

EliminatorVenom said:
About his reflective capacities, Mirror Man can reflect the slicing attack of Trickster, but if he is caught off-guard/doesn't reflects, his death is assured.
And this battle is interesting. I'd say that he stomps, but just like how Trickster said, he can't do much about a lot of cars falling on him. And since that is blunt damage, unless he reflects it, he will be one-shotted by that attack.

I say that Trickster would win if he did something like that, but if he doesn't pays attentions/attempts to use energy attacks, he can be killed VERY quickly.

Would MM be resistant to physical magic? Or solid energy constructs? (ex. Green Lantern's ring can create hard light constructs) Trickster's typical finishing move involves creating solid balls of magic that bounce around very fast to knock out opponents.

Trickster Constantine said:
EliminatorVenom said:

Would MM be resistant to physical magic? Or solid energy constructs? (ex. Green Lantern's ring can create hard light constructs) Trickster's typical finishing move involves creating solid balls of magic that bounce around very fast to knock out opponents.
Depends. If these hard energy constructs cause "blunt" damage, then he is very vulnerable to it. "Slicing" or "piercing" constructs would most likely be deflected/tanked by Mirror Man.

But if Reflect is active, he can tank basically anything that Trickster can throw at him.

Back