• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I have no definite proof because I cant read Japanese and don’t have the scans but according to what i saw translated.

The Shining Star Ploy is basically The Holy Grail for the First Magic which is a self governing automated system that is designed to pass on the means to bring back the First Magic just like how The Holy Grail was a pseudo trap to create another Third Magic user.

But similar to how the Holy Grail malfunctioned because of the Einzbern summoning Avenger(Angra Mainyuu) it malfunctioned with its wish granting abilities during the fight between Aoko and Touko in which Aoko cheats Sooujuro’s death with the Fifth. From what it seems, Alice also wished to save Sooujuro so much that the ploy activated, but with Aoko changing the events it went haywire in 1999 almost bringing the Apocalypse and also killing Aoko which is what we see at the beginning of the event.

But as the Magician cheat she is, Aoko comes back and then sends the Ploy to 2001 to make sure it weakens enough to be destroyed and not cause the Apocalypse. But while Haywire, the ploy manipulates Wandersnatch and Alice in order making her 3rd Ascension which creates the possible bad end situation if we lose to her in the battle as nobody is capable of stopping the Shining Star and the Apocalypse is begun again.

Note, like I said earlier. It was a random translation i read off Twitter. For all I know, I could be dead wrong, but if it is correct or at least somewhat correct then Mahoyo 2 might be heavily implied to be on the way and also might involve some first magic shenanigans. But take it with a grain of salt.
That seems a bit different than the stuff I found. Granted, I haven't kept up with it too much since I want to stay relatively spoiler free for when the event releases on NA in two years.

I did link a playlist translating the event a little bit earlier on this page, so you could check yourself if you wanted.

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthre...s-Die-Twice!?p=3327935&viewfull=1#post3327935

That seems a bit different than the stuff I found. Granted, I haven't kept up with it too much since I want to stay relatively spoiler free for when the event releases on NA in two years.

I did link a playlist translating the event a little bit earlier on this page, so you could check yourself if you wanted.

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthre...s-Die-Twice!?p=3327935&viewfull=1#post3327935

Definitely makes more sense now, would fit the whole theme far more

Alright the Mahoyo event added a lot of new information. And I believe upscaled quite a few people well beyond where they were earlier.

One Shiny Star
This is about the weakened version, though presumably should all apply to the full power as well
  • Alice failure ploy meant to grant only unique one of a kind wishes
  • Normally a pathetic ploy with no power due to its parameters
  • When powered up after combining with the Ox God and granting 5 wishes from the kumano Hot Springs. it creates a zone spanning the entire kumano region.
  • Appears incapable of activating without the Ox God's intervention normally.
  • One Shiny Star has mana comparable to the age of the Gods even in its weakened 2 wish form.
  • SHEBA can not observe Shiny Star
  • Space Time has no meaning around Shiny Star. No Past nor Future
  • Shiny Star does not exist within the Recorded Universe so it can't be changed
  • Shiny Star can manipulate events comparable to a Stellar Grade Saint Graph
  • Shiny Sar obtains its power by draining the wishes from every human on the planet
  • If it powers up completely, it will definitively surpass the Great Three Ploys
Additionally, Full power One Shiny Star is so powerful that Aoko could not even get within 50 meters of it nor do any major Magic or retreat.

Aoko Aozaki

This is post Mahoyo but pre Mastered Fifth Magic Aoko

• Aoko's magic is not reviving the dead. Aoko's magic is deceiving time. She's essentially running a scam.
  • Aoko can create Singularities
  • Aoko can rayshift on her own
  • Aoko can send singularities to the future but can not send singularities to the past
  • Maintaining a singularity of an entire month drains aoko of 40% of her magical reserves
  • Aoko's regular circuits do not run out of magical energy and are why she can manifest true magic
  • When Aoko turns into Super Aoko her circuits mutate, her base circuits work passively without need for activation and she gains new special circuits that no one but Zelretch can ascertain
  • Aoko can fight full power One Shiny Star alone for 5-10 days straight.
  • Aoko can fight 2 wish One Shiny Star solo while being distracted, protecting others including base line no special attribute humans, and can command its entire attention. She's also able to do all of her grand magic which she had no room to do against full power.

Soujuurou
  • Can stagger full power one Shiny Star for 2 seconds at the cost of his life with his special punch.
  • Sojuurou's special punch is capable of ignoring EVERY unfair defensive action possible including things that can adapt and evolve. Thiere is no confirmation on how lethal the punch is however, just that it will hit regardless of defenses up to Stellar Saint Graph level. (Which would include presumably everything in Nasuverse.)
Alice
  • Diddle Diddle can overpower reality Marbles
  • Alice can beat Regular Fujimaru and Mash together
  • Wandersnatch can span a city and instantly kill anything that touches its fog.
  • Alice with Mash can defensively contain the output of 2 wish One Shiny Star (With Aoko fighting it directly) for six hours before they both would die.

Alright the Mahoyo event added a lot of new information. And I believe upscaled quite a few people well beyond where they were earlier.

One Shiny Star
This is about the weakened version, though presumably should all apply to the full power as well
  • Alice failure ploy meant to grant only unique one of a kind wishes
  • Normally a pathetic ploy with no power due to its parameters
  • When powered up after combining with the Ox God and granting 5 wishes from the kumano Hot Springs. it creates a zone spanning the entire kumano region.
  • Appears incapable of activating without the Ox God's intervention normally.
  • One Shiny Star has mana comparable to the age of the Gods even in its weakened 2 wish form.
  • SHEBA can not observe Shiny Star
  • Space Time has no meaning around Shiny Star. No Past nor Future
  • Shiny Star does not exist within the Recorded Universe so it can't be changed
  • Shiny Star can manipulate events comparable to a Stellar Grade Saint Graph
  • Shiny Sar obtains its power by draining the wishes from every human on the planet
  • If it powers up completely, it will definitively surpass the Great Three Ploys
Additionally, Full power One Shiny Star is so powerful that Aoko could not even get within 50 meters of it nor do any major Magic or retreat.

Aoko Aozaki

This is post Mahoyo but pre Mastered Fifth Magic Aoko

• Aoko's magic is not reviving the dead. Aoko's magic is deceiving time. She's essentially running a scam.
  • Aoko can create Singularities
  • Aoko can rayshift on her own
  • Aoko can send singularities to the future but can not send singularities to the past
  • Maintaining a singularity of an entire month drains aoko of 40% of her magical reserves
  • Aoko's regular circuits do not run out of magical energy and are why she can manifest true magic
  • When Aoko turns into Super Aoko her circuits mutate, her base circuits work passively without need for activation and she gains new special circuits that no one but Zelretch can ascertain
  • Aoko can fight full power One Shiny Star alone for 5-10 days straight.
  • Aoko can fight 2 wish One Shiny Star solo while being distracted, protecting others including base line no special attribute humans, and can command its entire attention. She's also able to do all of her grand magic which she had no room to do against full power.

Soujuurou
  • Can stagger full power one Shiny Star for 2 seconds at the cost of his life with his special punch.
  • Sojuurou's special punch is capable of ignoring EVERY unfair defensive action possible including things that can adapt and evolve. Thiere is no confirmation on how lethal the punch is however, just that it will hit regardless of defenses up to Stellar Saint Graph level. (Which would include presumably everything in Nasuverse.)
Alice
  • Diddle Diddle can overpower reality Marbles
  • Alice can beat Regular Fujimaru and Mash together
  • Wandersnatch can span a city and instantly kill anything that touches its fog.
  • Alice with Mash can defensively contain the output of 2 wish One Shiny Star (With Aoko fighting it directly) for six hours before they both would die.
Dang, that's all pretty crazy.

And here is Aoko's profile which covers several of the things about her

There are allegedly only five magicians in the world, and she is the latest and lowest-ranked of them. This formerly normal high-schooler lived her life uninvolved with the world of magecraft until middle school. This changed one day when she was suddenly arranged to inherit her grandfather's legacy. She's been at fate's mercy every single day, but her courageous and strongly competitive personality proved fortunate, allowing her to live a free and enjoyable magician life.

Bond 1

• Height / Weight: 163 cm / 51 kg
  • Source: Mahoutsukai no Yoru
  • Region: Japan
  • Alignment: Lawful Good
  • Attribute: Man (regular form), Star (super form)
A caring woman who sticks to her beliefs to the bitter end. A girl who looks special but can be found anywhere.

Bond 2

The second daughter of the Aozakis, a family of unorthodox mages in Misaki city. Since her sister was arranged to be their heir, she spent her life without magecraft until age 15. Aoko had no problems with her position, feeling lucky that all the difficult stuff was shoved to her sister's side. Although she was raised in a warm household with caring parents, since she was close to her magician grandfather, she knew a mage's philosophies, if nothing else.

During Aoko's second year of middle school, her sister went missing, so when she was entering high school, she was declared heir to the Aozakis' magic and sent to live in the house of the daughter of the Kuonjis, a family of close friends to the Aozakis. She butted heads with Alice, the house's owner, multiple times, but after many twists and turns, they became partners.

During her process of learning basic mage skills under Alice's tutelage (her grandfather had already drilled the philosophies into her, so Alice was not involved in that part), the two repelled any underhanded mages trying to steal the lands they controlled.

She served as student council president at her high school and was tasked with looking after the recently transferred Soujuurou, giving her daily headaches.

Bond 3

• Personality
Logical and overbearing. A tyrannically good-natured woman who strives for perfection in everything she does. The cold type of hero of justice, who appreciates the strong and is fed up with the weak but can't bring herself to forsake them.

She's cheerful and humorous but very thorough when she gets serious. Merciless. Although she views good sense and social etiquette as the correct rules of society, now that she is a mage, she has to commit to their morals, so what she uses for her personal choices follows a case-by-case basis. Aoko weighs both on a scale and picks what she gives more relative importance. In general, she tries to prioritize her life choices over the choices of others... Keyword: tries. If she could actually do it, she'd have already been welcomed into the group by the other magicians.

She's very curious, to the point that she's always trying to pick up on details on other people's conversations and actions. Even when she's not interested, she will listen. She's generally a good listener no matter who is talking. Perhaps due to her iron-wall personality, she's not good at probing others' vulnerabilities.

She's very fettered to logic and reason, with a tendency to overcomplicate her thoughts, but ultimately, she does what she believes is right. Somebody once told her that everything she does unintentionally becomes a benefit to the world and its people, words that didn't come off as a quip or a compliment, but she treasures it as a minor source of pride.

Bond 4

• Territory Creation: E
She can't keep a satisfactory workshop or a penny in her bank account.

• Item Crafting: E
Life hack: nab anything you need from your sister.

• Magician: C
One of the very few still existing magicians. Has resistances against magical energy, fate (insta-death), time, and purge.

• Magical Bullet Expansion: EX
A Skill that only manifests after Aoko uses her Noble Phantasm and transforms.

• Magic Circuits (Rotation): A
Special Magic Circuits that enable her to demonstrate Fifth Magic. They never run out of magical energy. Considered one of the factors necessary to depart the planet.

• Magical Bullet Loading: B
Simple magecraft that utilizes the magical energy generated within her body (od) as bullets. For most forms of magecraft, Aoko is average or below, but when it comes to magical bullets, she's unsurpassable in terms of speed, precision, and destructive force. The magical bullet champion of the world of magecraft.

• Once Again In This Age: EX
The magic of youth. A powerful mental buff fueled by the wishes, hopes, and dreams everyone had in their infancy. Adds Protagonist Status to one member of the party. When used on herself, it causes an "It's coming back to me!" moment, and when used on others, it makes her a sensei that points lost boys and girls to their future.

Bond 5

• Life Outside the Domain: E
She's not a lifeform from another planet, but a star (that rotates in the opposite direction) follows her around and she doesn't know what she did to accomplish that.

• Magic Circuits (Rotation): B
A Skill that manifests when she becomes Super Aoko. The Magic Circuits (Rotation) Skill she had pre-transformation turned into a Passive Skill. It has lost a bit of output.

• Magic Circuits (Revolution): EX
Superhuman Magic Circuits said to manifest only after she demonstrates Fifth Magic. They generate colossal amounts of magical energy but others are completely incapable of comprehending what kind of spell made them like that and what theoretical basis they came from. Aoko herself is just as clueless. Meanwhile, Zelretch, the user of the Second Magic, figured out the gist of it on his first glance at Super Aoko.

• In Search of the Milky Way: EX
A crafty strategy only Super Aoko can do, where she shuts out outside interference by overlapping time migration effects from 0.1 seconds in the past and 0.1 seconds in the future. Grants herself invincibility (which her Passive Skill turns into anti-purge defense. Really dirty trick.) and loads 6 magical bullets.

• First Star: C
Hither and thither.
Beginning and ending.
May this signal reach
the one and only cosmos
shining above.
Bond 5 + event completion

Unfinished Blue
(Retrogalaxy - Redshift)
Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
Range: 0
Max. Targets: 1 person

Uses a sub-effect of Fifth Magic to switch places with her future self. In crude terms, it's a transformation Noble Phantasm (Her transformed state is called Super Aoko). Upon turning into Super Aoko, she gains two additional Passive Skills, and her ATK, HP, Skills, and Noble Phantasm change. The BGM changes too.

Earthlight Starbow
Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
Range: 3 - 99
Max. Targets: 99 persons

Super Aoko's Noble Phantasm. The greatest magical bullet Aozaki Aoko can shoot at that age. Her Finality. Aoko's appearance in Super mode is always the same, but on the inside, there are always minor differences.
Because her state depends on how far into the future the time replacement goes.

A character in Mahoutsukai no Yoru After Night. The magician who warped from the future to solve the case that occurred at Kumano Hot Springs.

After some complications, she successfully solved the case, but she returned with one misconception never corrected: Soujuurou's cause of death in the 1999 Kumano Hot Springs.

Aoko believes Soujuurou died as a consequence of protecting Alice. Her cold logic inferred that the stupidly obstinate Soujuurou would only lose his life if it were for Alice. She’s mildly peevish about it, but it’s unclear if she’s aware of that.

Considering everything, I would guess the special circuits aren't circuits (loops) extant in the "now", but connect the present her to the future her to form said loop.
Zelretch being the one capable of observing and managing parallel worlds, therefore, "time movement", would be able to notice the ME flux, others would just go "wtf is happening"

If that is somehow close to the truth, she would definitely be the "Magician of Youth (Hope)"

Considering everything, I would guess the special circuits aren't circuits (loops) extant in the "now", but connect the present her to the future her to form said loop.
Zelretch being the one capable of observing and managing parallel worlds, therefore, "time movement", would be able to notice the ME flux, others would just go "wtf is happening"

If that is somehow close to the truth, she would definitely be the "Magician of Youth (Hope)"
That... actually makes a lot of sense.

That... actually makes a lot of sense.
Snother thing that I think has been hinted - the energy Aoko "generates" in Redshifted/through the special circuits is basically the "heat value" of "all futures that could've been but have been denied their existence" because Aoko "forced" the existence of one, and only one future by its realization in the "present".

So... the dagger Rin uses in FSN connects to all other worlds and can make the ME flow from there to her.
Aoko, because she destroyed the possibility of change, the possibility of something different then the form she has made real by invoking it to the present time, destroyed all the "branches"/futures other than that one. The energy that would be these futures is the energy she gains acess to. (This would be similar/if not a same foundation, but "to the future" version of Goetia burning Pan-Human History - and we have been told Ars A S is somehow related to Aoko's Magic )( Anyone read Red Dragon? Nasu's PC. )

Maybe this very concept is already the base of Aoko as a Magus - she transforms ME into heat. Heat is basiaclly the "waste" of any process, in a way. It has this tendency to disperse, become equalized throughout the ambient and then its useless. The "heat death" Touko mentions is when this happens to all enregy in the universe, when there's no longer the possibility of work, because entropy is maximum and everything is at its "equilibrium".

One thing I do find interesting is that with the revelation of Aoko's unique Magic Circuits. The magicians we know the most about all seem to have access to infinite magical energy. Een if it's not necessarily in the same methods.

3rd Magic's Materialization of the Soul turns a body into a Perpetual Motion Machine
2nd Magic allows Zelretch to pull from parallel universes
Aoko's circuits that are a prerequisite for her obtaining the fifth legitimately just don't run out of magical energy

Snother thing that I think has been hinted - the energy Aoko "generates" in Redshifted/through the special circuits is basically the "heat value" of "all futures that could've been but have been denied their existence" because Aoko "forced" the existence of one, and only one future by its realization in the "present".

So... the dagger Rin uses in FSN connects to all other worlds and can make the ME flow from there to her.
Aoko, because she destroyed the possibility of change, the possibility of something different then the form she has made real by invoking it to the present time, destroyed all the "branches"/futures other than that one. The energy that would be these futures is the energy she gains acess to. (This would be similar/if not a same foundation, but "to the future" version of Goetia burning Pan-Human History - and we have been told Ars A S is somehow related to Aoko's Magic )( Anyone read Red Dragon? Nasu's PC. )

Maybe this very concept is already the base of Aoko as a Magus - she transforms ME into heat. Heat is basiaclly the "waste" of any process, in a way. It has this tendency to disperse, become equalized throughout the ambient and then its useless. The "heat death" Touko mentions is when this happens to all enregy in the universe, when there's no longer the possibility of work, because entropy is maximum and everything is at its "equilibrium".

I dunno, I think this is an extensive reading that's not particularly true. I believe Aoko's magic has to do with heat, but I don't think it's a "What Aoko decides is the one true future" gets paid off into her ability. Because Aoko's used her ability to jump up and down the timeline. There's even dialogue in the original Fate Extra where she mentions she noticed Extra's particular Future and decided to jump there to check it out.

Hell this event kinda smacks in the face of that idea cause the battle against OSS shows that she can bounce between points in the timeline while maintaining singularities elsewhere even when she's undecided on her actions.

Back