• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Negai no Astro (Astro Royale) General Discussion Thread!

Welcome to the Astro Royale General Discussion Thread!

IMG_8899.jpg

Chapter 3 is out. Things are starting to get interesting and we finally saw Terasu's Astro.

It seems like we're not getting a chapter next week due to Golden Week in Japan.

@Dinozxd, I'm pretty sure this feat was done by Torazo because looking at it closely, they both have the same glove design
I really don't think so.

For one, Tora isn't that small compared to average people, dude's built like a titan lol. Secondly, their Astro's designs look similar, but Tora's Astro doesn't let out smoke like this dude's does. He's probably some random dude who got powers from the meteor, hence why I calced it as that.

I think Tora's Astro was either not shown at this point; or he's supposed to be that guy with the Dragon Slayer ahh looking sword (their builds look similar to me idk) but Wakui changed his mind about his Astro after. I'm leaning on option 1 as I really don't think Wakui would make a really big change like that, after offically releasing the manga.

I really don't think so.

For one, Tora isn't that small compared to average people, dude's built like a titan lol. Secondly, their Astro's designs look similar, but Tora's Astro doesn't let out smoke like this dude's does. He's probably some random dude who got powers from the meteor, hence why I calced it as that.

I think Tora's Astro was either not shown at this point; or he's supposed to be that guy with the Dragon Slayer ahh looking sword (their builds look similar to me idk) but Wakui changed his mind about his Astro after. I'm leaning on option 1 as I really don't think Wakui would make a really big change like that, after offically releasing the manga.
Alright fair, want to talk about Hibaru scaling ? mainly this:
leE3yvX.png

Cuz like Building level bite force ?

Alright fair, want to talk about Hibaru scaling ? mainly this:
leE3yvX.png

Cuz like Building level bite force ?
This scene surprised me as well, though Gido performed this after taking a Bare Handed Magnum Blast from Hibaru, and he was mostly fine. He didn't get knocked out, or sent flying hundreds of meters away like these guys (the guy in the first scan is literally covered with a steel shell lol). This means his Durability should downscale from Hibaru's Bare Handed Magnum Blast.

About the "Building Level bite force" stuff, we can see that Hibaru's arm isn't fiery while Gido is biting it, unlike the times when he has his Astro activated. This means that Hibaru deactivated his Astro after punching Gido, which means that Gido just bit through Hibaru's physical durability, not his durability with his Astro.

In conclusion, I think Gido's AP and Durability sections should look like this;
Durability: At most Building Level (Took a Bare Handed Magnum Blast from Hibaru and still had the energy to bite his arm back)
Attack Potency: Athlete Level (Was an assasin since childhood), Building Level with Astro (Collapsed the Roppongi Branch)

I'm currently working on this blog to scale some of the characters' physical stats, which would kinda sort this out ig.

I think for standard AP, most should be 9-C to 9-B via scaling to Hibaru, Kuran and Kou (Mostly because most people have been able to harm Hibaru physically, without their Astro, and he's been able to tank hits from Kou who did this with his Astro)

I think for standard AP, most should be 9-C to 9-B via scaling to Hibaru, Kuran and Kou (Mostly because most people have been able to harm Hibaru physically, without their Astro, and he's been able to tank hits from Kou who did this with his Astro)
Hibaru's physicals scaling to that would be an outlier, as Kou without his Astro could also damage Hibaru in this state. Both Kou and his Astro being 9-B+ makes no sense. I think it'd be better to just assume Hibaru took those punches with his Astro activated.

Hibaru's physicals scaling to that would be an outlier, as Kou without his Astro could also damage Hibaru in this state. Both Kou and his Astro being 9-B+ makes no sense. I think it'd be better to just assume Hibaru took those punches with his Astro activated.
If that were the case wouldn’t Kou’s Asura arms break on impact ? You said it yourself, Hibaru’s Astro abilities are only active when his arm is on fire, so Hibaru’s 8-C durability should just win against Kou’s Asura arms.
I suggest making AP and durability have separate ratings (like on Gon Freeces’ profile) so stuff like Gido biting Hibaru’s arm and Kou bruising Hibaru don’t seem like outliers

Last edited:
So how do you think we should list the characters' stats?
Example (using your Hibaru sandbox stats) :
AP: Athlete level, Building level and higher with Astro
Durability: at least Athlete level

Obviously this is subject to change the more we get of the series and the more Hibaru fights
For someone like Gido
AP: Athlete level, Building level with Astro
Durability: At least Building level

Example (using your Hibaru sandbox stats) :
AP: Athlete level, Building level and higher with Astro
Durability: at least Athlete level

Obviously this is subject to change the more we get of the series and the more Hibaru fights
For someone like Gido
AP: Athlete level, Building level with Astro
Durability: At least Building level
Hmmmmm, in this sense i think it might be better to then scale Kou's AP with Asura to Hibaru's durability, though I still don't get how he could damage him without his Astro in the same fight.

Also, I think Gido's durability should either be "At most Building level" or only "Building level"as he still very well got damaged from Hibaru's attack.

Rip. Gido. Bro got killed while he was turning good too.

Shio's Astro is so cool bruh what the hell?
Yeah chapter 17 is easily the best chapter so far.
If I had guess what kind of Astro Shio has it’s probably a mixture of telekinesis and Overhaul (from MHA) and essentially he just controls the Earth cuz that’s probably what he wished for

If I had guess what kind of Astro Shio has it’s probably a mixture of telekinesis and Overhaul (from MHA) and essentially he just controls the Earth cuz that’s probably what he wished for
As far as I can see from this panel he can disassemble and reassemble matter so yeah his Astro is like Overhaul's Quirk, with the exception of not being able to disassemble people, or alive beings as a whole. That's a big nerf from Overhaul's Quirk, though he makes up for it with his Astro being able to work from higher range, being able to use matter to shield himself from attacks, use them as projectiles, create spikes from the ground, immobilize people and ******* levitate himself? First when his Astro was shown, i thought it was just Telekinesis with some depth to it but now, his Astro's definitely my favorite. I still think Hibaru's Astro has some potential though.

Edit: It seems like Overhaul can also make spikes etc from the ground with his Quirk too, though his Quirk fully relies on physical contact as far as I know, which Shio doesn't need while using his Astro. I still think Shio has the better ability with how much versatile his is.

Now if we wanna talk about scaling, this stuff is very likely gonna be the best LS feat for both Shio and Tora for now.

Last edited:
We learned that Hibaru has only been using 10 percent of his power versus Shio ever since his arm got badly injured. I think this can be used as a 10x multiplier for Hibaru's full power Magnum Blast. His 10 percent Magnum Blast should be comparable to Gido's Gizmo, who currently scales to 0.83 tons, so his full power would scale to 8.3 tons of TNT, which would be Large Building Level.
Seems reasonable.
My only gripe is that technically Hibaru’s first chapter feat is apparently his 100% and so far his training is mostly to control his punch as opposed to strengthen it, as of right now I don’t think Hibaru casual punch is directly 10x stronger than Gido’s gizmo considering his first chapter feat being his 100%. At best it shows that Hibaru’s casual Magnum Blast should be small building level, with characters who can that having 9-A durability (ie: Gido).
(And yeah, Hibaru overwhelmed Terasu with a couple punches and Terasu blocks Gizmo but Gizmo also couldn’t go through this )

My only gripe is that technically Hibaru’s first chapter feat is apparently his 100% and so far his training is mostly to control his punch as opposed to strengthen it,
I mean, yeah. Hibaru's Astro is super strong but is very damaging when used uncontrollably.
as of right now I don’t think Hibaru casual punch is directly 10x stronger than Gido’s gizmo considering his first chapter feat being his 100%. At best it shows that Hibaru’s casual Magnum Blast should be small building level, with characters who can that having 9-A durability (ie: Gido).
Though the thing is, despite Gido performing the current best AP feat of the verse, his Gizmo isn't really the strongest Astro AP wise. Even Kuran and Shunichiro could take attacks from it fairly well, even though their Astros aren't really for combat. To add to this, Kuran was pretty much no-low diffed by Kou off screen, whose Astro literally shut down upon taking a controlled Bare Handed Magnum Blast. So like, Hibaru's Magnum Blast is much stronger than Gido's Gizmo, even while holding back. The main strength of Gizmo is it's versatility, not AP. The 10x multiplier is very possible to be true, and even Terasu confirmed that no other Astro we saw till this chapter should even be a match for a Full Power Magnum Blast.

I don't wanna rush the multiplier though, so I think it'd be better for us to wait for the next chap and see Hibaru's FP Magnum Blast aganist Shio.
(And yeah, Hibaru overwhelmed Terasu with a couple punches and Terasu blocks Gizmo but Gizmo also couldn’t go through this
The thing is though, the wall was kinda made by Hibaru's blast, so it's normal for the wall's durability to be superior to normal walls, kinda similar to Shio making shields using his telekinesis. Hibaru was getting bloked by walls that shouldn't even take 9-A AP to break and we know that he can break walls much bigger than the ones Shio was making to protect himself even while holding back (example).

Cool. There’s also this speed feet by Hibaru which I’ll calc… eventually

Yeah more speed calcs would be nice. I could've tried something with this scene, and how Shio could seemingly outsped Kuran who transformed into a jaguar (or something similar) with his Astro. This would've possibly been decently into Subsonic+ if we got a better shot of the distance Kuran traveled.

Yeah more speed calcs would be nice. I could've tried something with this scene, and how Shio could seemingly outsped Kuran who transformed into a jaguar (or something similar) with his Astro. This would've possibly been decently into Subsonic+ if we got a better shot of the distance Kuran traveled.
I mean if he can into varying animals and gain they’re physical attributes then like he should be as fast a jaguar (maybe even higher considering base Kuran should be already stronger and faster than a jaguar)

I mean if he can into varying animals and gain they’re physical attributes then like he should be as fast a jaguar (maybe even higher considering base Kuran should be already stronger and faster than a jaguar)
He should logically be faster than his normal form in the jaguar form as he doesn't actually become the animal, just takes the shape of it. Plus, he's implied to be faster in the jaguar form compared to his normal form (cuz why would he turn into a jaguar if he was faster in his base?). Though a jaguar's speed should be used to calc Shio outspeeding him as anything higher would be calc stacking.

Back