• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I was thinking of making this thread for a long period of time. I think this would be a fun idea and a nice way to get people to listen to tracks.

Gather up all of your Nintendo franchises, boys and girls. Today we do a Battle Royale. And due to all of us knowing a certain llama would dominate a normal one, a musical one is much better.

Any Nintendo franchise is allowed, so long as it's a recognized IP. Anything from Mario to Chibi Robo to Ice Climbers.

This will be formatted like the "Best _____ of every tier" threads. There will be multiple categories. Most will be Nintendo as a whole, but some will be verse specific. Fan remixes and covers are allowed, but like the "Best ____ of every tier" threads having a speed equalized and unequalized distinction, it would have an official and fan remix/cover distinction.

I'll edit this with both, your answers and more categories as time goes on, if this gains traction.

Categories

Best world/level track:

Best boss theme:

Best character theme:

Best final boss theme:

Best normal battle theme:

Best power-up theme:

Best opening theme:

Series with the most consistently good boss themes:

Series with the most consistently good final boss themes:

Series with the most consistently good character themes:

Series with the most consistently good world/level themes:

Series with the most consistently good battle themes:

Most tearjerking track:

Most iconic track:

Most inspiring track:

Most bada$$ track:

Most calming track:

Series with the most tearjerking tracks:

Series with the most iconic tracks:

Series with the most inspiring tracks:

Series with the most bada$$ tracks:

Series with the most calming tracks:

Catchiest track:

Series with the catchiest tracks:

Best sound effect:

Most iconic sound effect:

Best recurring boss theme:

Best victory theme:

Best "first level" theme:

Best "final level" theme:

Best track as a whole:

Do we count just Nintendo IPs or games on Nintendo? Because most iconic tracks either go to the "Super Mario World" theme or the "Final Fantasy" theme.

My favorite world track is probably "Forest Maze" and my favorite Nintendo track is probably "Bloody Tears"

Favorite fan song based off a Nintendo track is defiantly "Rawest Forest"

It's funny you say that. Like, really. I've been listening to Waltz of the Forest and Rawest Forest nonstop this past week, and the beginning of the week was my first time hearing them.

So no Classic Castlevania, FF or modern Sonic. Gotcha.

In that case, either the Zelda theme (I prefer Zelda IIs main theme but Zelda I is probably more iconic) and Maio Bros have the most iconic ones.

Obviously:

• Cynthia theme
  • Dialga theme
  • Giratina theme
  • Hearthgold Elite four theme
  • Red theme
  • Regis theme
  • Zelda spirit track theme
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl
and likely other

Back