• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Perfection vs Perfection (Perfect Dark Gaia vs Perfect Chaos)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I mean, why not? Both creatures successfully destroyed the world. Perfect Chaos caused the Great Flood while Dark Gaia pushed the planet apart just by awakening. At the same time, it took just one Chaos Emerald to put a planet chunk back in its place and Perfect Chaos basically wields the negative side of all seven Emeralds. That and I recall that Perfect Chaos generally had an easier time against Super Sonic than Perfect Dark Gaia had (that is being able to hold Super Sonic back vs more or less being curbstomped by Super Sonic), although a jump in power from Dark to Perfect Dark is the equivalent of going from being exhausted to being hopped up on two cans of Monster.

Perfect Chaos does have a durability advantage thanks to Mid-High vs Low-Mid regen, although with Perfect Chaos being more or less a Super Form and Dark Gaia having Invulnerability Negation, I wouldn't be surprised if Dark Gaia managed to hurt Perfect Chaos in some way or form. That and Dark Gaia seems to have the upper hand in the hax department thanks to corruption and possession, which I don't think Chaos resists, or at least it doesn't say so in Chaos' profile. They're both immortal, although Perfect Dark Gaia's immortality doesn't seem to have a justification to go along with it besides being a primordial being in an endless cycle between light and darkness, please tell me I'm wrong.

I can't really equalize speed here since not only is movement speed not affected for some inane reason, but immeasurable speed is some level of infinite that isn't exactly countable. I don't think it matters too much since the speed gap between Perfect Dark Gaia and Perfect Chaos is basically the difference between fighting a hedgehog and fighting both a hedgehog and a pyramid from Tenochtitlan at once (and I'm pretty sure a temple is a bit easier to hit than a three-foot-tall hedgehog). Because of this, I guess I have to assume SBA here. SBA always assumes the highest key for each combatant anyhow (in their case, Perfect Dark Gaia vs Perfect Chaos), so why not?

Anyway, here are their profiles.

Chaos' Profile
Dark Gaia's Profile

Who takes this?

Perfect Dark Gaia: 0
Perfect Chaos: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Perfect Cell is feeling bad for not being included here

Anyway, can't talk enough abt sonicverse, following for interest.

Perfect Dark Gaia can't just use an well charged energy beam with an big AoE to vaporize Perfect Chaos? I think the AP gap is too much to the point that I think it allows Perfect Dark Gaia to do it, since Modern Era Base Sonic at this point was accepted to have surpassed Adventure Era Super Sonic in power due to this scaling:

Perfect Dark Gaia = Gaia Colossus > Modern Era Super Sonic > Dark Gaia > Werehog Sonic > Egg Dragoon > Modern Era Base Sonic (At least up to Sonic Unleashed's events, before he grew stronger onwards) > Egg Wyvern > Egg Cerberus > Super Egg Robot ~=~< Adventure Era Super Sonic >= Perfect Chaos

Also there is the fact the Perfect Dark Gaia handled pretty well against Modern Era Super Sonic and Gaia Colossus, the latter being stronger than the former, due to how both performed against Perfect Dark Gaia's shield.

Perfect Dark Gaia could also contend with both Gaia Colossus and Modern Era Super Sonic at the same time, who are both much stronger than Adventure Era Super Sonic at this point

Due to AP gap, I don't think Perfect Chaos could break its' shield, I even dare to doubt that Perfect Chaos could even harm Perfect Dark Gaia, since Modern Base Sonic couldn't even inflict any damage to normal Dark Gaia's body, forcing him to hit eyes, which although less durable than the rest of its' body, are still tough enough to withstand multiple Spin Dash's attacks from Sonic before feeling some pain, with it quickly recovering all the times to fight back Gaia Colossus

Perfect Dark Gaia can't just use an well charged energy beam with an big AoE to vaporize Perfect Chaos? I think the AP gap is too much to the point that I think it allows Perfect Dark Gaia to do it, since Modern Era Base Sonic at this point was accepted to have surpassed Adventure Era Super Sonic in power due to this scaling:

Perfect Dark Gaia = Gaia Colossus > Modern Era Super Sonic > Dark Gaia > Werehog Sonic > Egg Dragoon > Modern Era Base Sonic (At least up to Sonic Unleashed's events, before he grew stronger onwards) > Egg Wyvern > Egg Cerberus > Super Egg Robot ~=~< Adventure Era Super Sonic >= Perfect Chaos
I can't reasonably argue against the rest of the argument, but for the first parts of it...

Well, it less Perfect Dark Gaia couldn't do that and more Mid-High regen has it to where a character (in this case Chaos) can survive and regenerate from being vaporized. That's paraphrasing off the Wiki statement on Mid-High, I don't know enough of the wiki's workings to know how these standards apply in a combat setting.

As for the scaling (which depends on whether you consider Adventure Sonic and Modern Sonic the same thing or not; that's kind of a hot topic here apparently), as far as I'm aware, the only reason why that scaling is the way it is is because the Wiki sees the Perfect Chaos battle in Generations as an outlier, which...

I dunno, the difference between Base Sonic in Generations (who should be the same as he is in Unleashed) and Adventure Super Sonic is more like the difference between being punched by someone who's annoying you and being exploded into a million pieces. I think that's less "Sonic Generations is an outlier" and more "Adventure Super Sonic deserves more credit."

Last edited:
Perfect Dark Gaia should heavily upscale by a stupid amount. Chaos can't be killed, but pretty sure Dark Gaia can win by just Mind Manip/Emotional Manip alone. Removing the turmoil/anger from Chaos' heart caused him to revert and become good. So it's perhaps possible if he experiences some other emotion he may just give up? Really the only win-con I can think of. Perfect Chaos can't harm Dark Gaia at all tho.

Perfect Dark Gaia should heavily upscale by a stupid amount. Chaos can't be killed, but pretty sure Dark Gaia can win by just Mind Manip/Emotional Manip alone. Removing the turmoil/anger from Chaos' heart caused him to revert and become good. So it's perhaps possible if he experiences some other emotion he may just give up? Really the only win-con I can think of. Perfect Chaos can't harm Dark Gaia at all tho.
Would Chaos targeting Dark Gaia’s eyes work?

Back