• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Predator CRT

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Alright, first off, as decided here, AvP is no longer canon to Predator. So all cross-scaling is gone. Profiles for it are fine tho.

More importantly, though, the current 8-A calculation is wrong. Not the math itself, at least I don't think so, but it shouldn't be used. While the shot does cause such an explosion, blowing up ships and vehicles is often done via chain reactions; a 9-B rocket can easily blow up a 9-A sized tank by igniting its engine. As further evidence, Plasma Caster shots don't explode.

Yeah, that's all I got. I don't have any backup feats, though I don't doubt some exist. But if nothing is found, all Predators are gonna have to be 9-B, with the exception of those in AvP of course.

Is this enough approval? It's not an obscure movie series but it's not hotly debated either.

Alright, it's just removing a couple numbers, matches and editing some minor stuff after all.

Also, I'd like to bring this page to attention... I don't think it's very good. And not just because the movie it's from should have every single copy hunted down and burned, but it appears to get 9-A by upscaling from 9-B, which is... y'know, wrong, and Supersonic by dodging a Plasma Caster shot, that doesn't have a calculated speed and is in fact visible and therefore slower than bullets.

The verse page is also missing most characters

Well, I'm more or less finished- The verse is still a bit messy (I'm not sure if the comics some of the AP and Speed feats come from are AvP or canon), but it's in a much better condition overall.

Agreed

While I'm here the Plasma Caster has good feats

In Predators it splatters Noland (9-A?) and in The Predator it destroys a house (the script claims the person inside is disintegrated)

Also do we consider the Predator comics canon?

I know there's a canon hierarchy for Alien but idk about the Predator franchise

I don't really know about canonicity, I'm afraid. I'm not a huge fan, I just knew enough to apply the revisions and get rid of the 8-A bs. Anyway, the splattering is totally 9-B, you need to vaporize a human to reach 9-A. As for the house destruction, I can see that being 9-A, if it isn't something in the house blowing up, which might be the case due to the electric sparks.

Then should Flusher Predator plasma caster be up to Small Building level since it has blasted a man into pieces completely in just 1 shot?

To add, the Predator's supersonic+ feat needs to be removed.

If you're wondering why, here's the very next page of that story. Yeah, the feat comes from a crossover with Superman and I shouldn't have to explain why stuff from that story shouldn't be used.

The lifting feat with the blast door also needs to be removed. That was done by Scarface who's leagues beyond the vast majority of the Predator species.

To add, the Predator's supersonic+ feat needs to be removed.

If you're wondering why, here's the very next page of that story. Yeah, the feat comes from a crossover with Superman and I shouldn't have to explain why stuff from that story shouldn't be used.
Bruh

Bruuuuuh

This verse is ****** up man. Anyway. I think baseline subsonic can work, Yautja can pretty consistently escape human eyesight and aimdodge (or maybe just dodge?) gunfire.

Bruh just scale them to 4-B lmao

But I think some Predators dodge their Plasma Caster shots so it might be neat to calc that

Plasma Caster bolts are clearly visible and pretty slow, I don't think dodging them would give anything worthwhile unless we randomly assume a speed way higher than what's shown

Bruh just scale them to 4-B lmao
Superman was weakened by a virus in that crossover. He mentions at full power he could defeat a Predator by flexing.

Subsonic Predators are fine imo. Or at least superhuman for overtaking cars.

I get that, I just wanted to clarify that point since the story itself wasn't super bad. Unlike Superman vs Alien

A large0ish bump. But its fine for me to remove the supersonic+ rating right? Since its based on a Superman crossover scene (that in of itself doesn't imply supersonic+) and they don't have any canon feats to back the rating.

Definitely, go ahead. That said I think Superhuman/Subsonic has basis as they can sometimes blitz humans when they want to.

Back