• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick revision for the Thought Robot/Mandrakk

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, they really dropped the ball in handling the thought robot, he should've been summoned the end of the issue to be given at least a full one, they made the coolest superman in existence and had him only act like normal superman, his power relying on hype and word of god

Well that should be removed because it's not true. He is not half of the extention of Monitor-Mind The Overvoid, but is what remains after Dax Novu's contact with the flaw that contaminated him and split his personality in two according to the context given in the story.
If that's the case, I feel like it raises a new question. I'm a little slow, so let me quickly go over this.

Misconception: Dual narratives emerged into existence, the overvoid sent a part of its essence to investigate this "flaw," and that extension of the overvoid split into two beings: Mandrakk and the Thought Robot.

Truth: Dual narratives emerged into existence, the overvoid sent a single monitor to investigate this "flaw," and that monitor split into two beings who embodied the hero/villain archetype contained in the flaw.

Here's my new question. Even if the Thought Robot is not living essence of the overvoid, but living essence of the monitor race, shouldn't he still be given the full benefits of a monitor physiology?

If that's the case, I feel like it raises a new question. I'm a little slow, so let me quickly go over this.

Misconception: Dual narratives emerged into existence, the overvoid sent a part of its essence to investigate this "flaw," and that extension of the overvoid split into two beings: Mandrakk and the Thought Robot.

Truth: Dual narratives emerged into existence, the overvoid sent a single monitor to investigate this "flaw," and that monitor split into two beings who embodied the hero/villain archetype contained in the flaw.

Here's my new question. Even if the Thought Robot is not living essence of the overvoid, but living essence of the monitor race, shouldn't he still be given the full benefits of a monitor physiology?
The hero and villian representation is represented in a fight of concepts. They don't necessarily embody said concepts, it was described that those concepts are linked because one is a hero defined by a being that is seen as “Hope” to oppose the Ultimate Villain. Just like how New Gods aren't technically platonic concepts but rather demesne to which concept they govern and if they were “platonic” then they keep contradicting what are actual Platonic concepts in the story.

Also, the Robot was what remained of the Split. Not what is the split, which was the essence of Dax Novu which is the main part being spilt into another called Mandrakk. The Thought Robot was what remained after that event and was with form, well an uncanny form that look like Superman because his story is “strong.”This is why the Robot said: “You were part of the Monitor that felt contaminated by the Multiverse” which is referring to Dax Novu being tainted by the Multiverse.

Sorry. I've been really swamped and I'm going out of town this weekend. I'll try to get around to this when I can.
Hey man, are you available by any chance to review the last 10 to 15 messages and proceed with the thread now, or do you still have too much on your plate?

Hey man, are you available by any chance to review the last 10 to 15 messages and proceed with the thread now, or do you still have too much on your plate?
I'm kinda with Elizio, I think for now I'm just going to apply the change from reactive evolution to accelerated development and other stuff can be handled in a later thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back