• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok man. Whatever. Who gives a shit anymore.
——The lightning had cut off the starlight.

There is no other appropriate way to describe what happened.

The only question that lies before us is whether or not we can believe that what we saw was real even though we actually saw it happen.

But then——

"No matter how ridiculous it may seem...!"

Cecilus Segmunt had slashed down the stars.

Anyway this chapter was really really good, Priscilla being Her and Cecilus vs Sphinx (Cecilus being forbidden from killing her due to her dead-man's-switch spell that distorts space), but the highlight for me was definitely Al.

When that time comes something needs to be said about Al's scaling as a whole and the low tier scaling in the verse as a whole. Normally without looping he's not any stronger than the average fighter like Subaru or Rom. The question then becomes "should we just give Al a higher AP and durability rating with his looping?"

I would also very strongly argue that his speed shouldn't scale to where it does now either since he can only react to attacks like that because he already knows roughly where they are coming from and has trial and errored through many different responses to them. Average fighters like him should be at least subsonic anyway though.

Unrelated but Cecilus heating himself up enough with the flow method to burn straight through a flash freeze is 💀

Last edited:
Al is, in fact, a freak of scaling right now.

While looping he can counter attacks from Olbart or Hornet or Arakiya, + Second-Class Generals, but he is also implied to die to Todd or even just dropping off of a building. It's like he's meant to be an average guy, but he just does shit that'd be impossible for someone like Subaru.

The only question that lies before us is whether or not we can believe that what we saw was real even though we actually saw it happen.

But then——

Anyway this chapter was really really good, Priscilla being Her and Cecilus vs Sphinx (Cecilus being forbidden from killing her due to her dead-man's-switch spell that distorts space), but the highlight for me was definitely Al.
That kid gave me deja vu about Reid in arc 6, this chapter was very exciting.

That kid gave me deja vu about Reid in arc 6, this chapter was very exciting.

Jiwald truly is fodder. (Rough MTL)
Kicking the ground, Cecilus, holding Arakiya, approaches lightning-speed.

Surrounding Cecilus' sprinting range in the air are several beautiful mirrors made of water— the mirrored surfaces bounce the white heat rays emitted by the Witch, causing the light to dance wildly.

The very same, deadly lights shot wildly from all directions, aiming at Cecilus.

Cecilus: [Ida-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da!]

Cecilus runs through the raging storm of light, avoiding the rays as if he were dancing. He leans back, bends forward, spreads his legs, lowers his posture, and sometimes straddles the light with his big toes.

When the angle was too steep to avoid it, he would unsheathe the blade of his "Dream Sword", bouncing the light back and breaking the water mirror. The water mirror was broken and splashed with water droplets as he plunged through the storm, making the splashing sound of a stone breaking the surface of water——,

Witch of Greed: [——This is what it feels like to have the whole world turn against you.]

A moment later, such a declaration by the "Witch" and the sound of taut air hit Cecilus' eardrums.

The pain that instantly ran through his body was proof that the splashes from the broken water mirror had frozen in an instant, depriving Cecilus' body of heat and freedom.

Even the water mirror was a very careful and shrewd technique, with its two-stage and three-stage attacks.

While looping he can counter attacks from Olbart or Hornet or Arakiya, + Second-Class Generals, but he is also implied to die to Todd or even just dropping off of a building. It's like he's meant to be an average guy, but he just does shit that'd be impossible for someone like Subaru.
Kid Subaru crushing the guiltylowe's neck and him supposedly being able to hurt Kurgan in arc 5

I'm also almost certain all swords have enchantments on them btw cause all armor does and swords seem to ALWAYS be able to punch way above their wielder's weight class e.g. Sphinx being able to tank punches from Garfiel and Julia but getting stabbed by Mizelda, Carol cutting Shasuke in half even as he poured all of his mana into a technique meant to make himself as solid as steel (which in Tappei's writing usually seems to mean relative to their power level so a punch from Julia wouldn't do anything to him), etc.

Al being able to damage characters way above him isn't unreasonable. I'm aware he does often parry them too but he always takes significant damage and being able to parry or tank attacks that should actually kill you and only taking significant damage is not uncommon in fiction. You could also argue it's damage reduction similar to Ram spinning.

Last edited:

But then——

turns out zenkaibattery was correct all along (about the verse being tier 4)
Al using a Yin Spell— a Shamak— specially developed to counter Witches by shutting down their Gate is very interesting. It even uses a unique prefix; Ol Shamak.
more fuel to the subaru=Al theory then...

Cecilus runs through the raging storm of light, avoiding the rays as if he were dancing. He leans back, bends forward, spreads his legs, lowers his posture, and sometimes straddles the light with his big toes.
🤨

It seems that Al has met Echidna in person, Al realized that the sphinx was not a real Echidna, because his eyes did not show the black eyes that would thirst for knowledge, I also wondered, was it Al who mentioned the word sensei?

It seems that Al has met Echidna in person, Al realized that the sphinx was not a real Echidna, because his eyes did not show the black eyes that would thirst for knowledge, I also wondered, was it Al who mentioned the word sensei?
He did mention a teacher in EX 5 but it's hard to imagine Echidna "beating" anyone and he wouldn't be so angry if she were his teacher.

He did mention a teacher in EX 5 but it's hard to imagine Echidna "beating" anyone and he wouldn't be so angry if she were his teacher.
Is this not a yenpress-ism? I saw JP fans saying his teacher would "scold" him.

Anyways I think it can be reasoned that his teacher is in fact Echidna, given the lines from Chapter 44 & this chapter.
――Aldebaran knew of what Stargazers were.

The person who had informed Aldebaran of their existence, in the past, was a being knowledgeable about almost everything about this world, who nevertheless still coveted the unknown, greedily.

His relationship with that person was a complex one.

It was not one which he could describe with words such as “like” or “dislike”.

If asked whether he was grateful to them or not, he would probably say he was. But, the degree of his gratitude towards them notwithstanding, he harbored reservations about how incompatible they were with him. Such was the kind of person they were.

At any rate, regardless of who had taught him that knowledge, he knew of the Stargazers’ circumstances.
That's crazy. That's impossible. As far as Al knew, she had the propensity to try her hand at everything without restraint, but her athletic skills were horrendous. No matter how many theories she created about it, she could never learn the trick, she never could have pulled off such a feat. She couldn't even do a hand-stand.

In other words...,

Al: [Teacher.... It isn't Echidna?]
———
———
———
Al: [Your appearance is... no good. Looking at you, I can't help but think Teacher has done something unnecessary!]

Witch of Greed: [Once again, I would like to ask what you know of my Creator.]

Is this not a yenpress-ism? I saw JP fans saying his teacher would "scold" him.
That's possible but my problem was honestly more with her punishing him for being self depreciating than her punishing him at all.
Anyways I think it can be reasoned that his teacher is in fact Echidna, given the lines from Chapter 44 & this chapter.
I think the mtl I read for this chapter actually just didn't translate that part properly cause wtf😭

am I tripping or did Tappie seriously just gave Rem some sort of Fate Resistance while she was taking a bath 💀

「Puha…… Priscilla-san, what are y-……!」

「Silence. Simply, silently float」

「————」

「You, are a part of the world. First, become aware of such」

Not minding the protests of Rem, who had raised her body inside the bathtub, Priscilla quietly decided so. Taking that in, Rem had her forehead pushed by Priscilla’s slender finger, as she held her breath.

Her body fell backwards, and, just like how Priscilla had spoken, Rem’s body floated within the warm water.
She hadn’t folded to Priscilla’s pressure, she just naturally believed that it should be so.
「From your limbs, to even individual strands of hair, flow your self through, Rem. If you do so,, you might be able to naturally slip through the influence held in the Observer’s hands, even.」

Eyes closed, slowly, the meaning of Priscilla’s words, and her own heartbeat matched, and spread throughout.

Remembering the far-away Subaru who had promised to return, and Rui who had gone together with him——Rem, who’d simply, quietly become one with the world, had her heart no longer disturbed by that.

Provisional Rem’s Paranoia / A Metal Bat for an Oni

Maybe it's fate stuff instead of luck?
I agree, I can't remember her ever calling her self as "Lucky", the World simply works in her favor, and she can even influence other people with that Rule

“Well, your field will do. It is a perfectly good stepping stone to use as a basis for comparison. The owner of the good fortune of having my influence bestowed on him will be someone else. The owner of those four meager fields across the road.”

The woman was pointing at fields that, compared to the land of the large field owner, were withered wastelands. Just like the fields, their owners also looked weakly, and their entire household seemed to be getting by day to day supported by the kindness of the other villagers.

As that villager came forward and gave his names, the red woman’s eyes were colored with a bitterly cruel emotion.

It was largely with feelings of disdain, hatred, and complete viciousness that she looked down on him.

“Well, whatever. When you give water to parched grass, anyone can see the change.”
…Because, in the field of the man Priscilla had selected, an impossibly abundant harvest appeared.
“Not that I’m trying to stand up for the princess, but the incident with the field might not have been a spur-of-the-moment thing. No matter which village we head to, the princess always produces the same result. Everywhere, no matter the condition of the soil. Well, I agree it’s hard to believe she has that kind of discernment.”

The Day I gave up on being a Following Star

Last edited:
I agree, I can't remember her every calling her self as "Lucky", the World simply works in her favor, she can even influence other people with that Rule

Al: [You might not like how she says it, but Princess is right on the money. If she wants something, so long as she doesn't change her mind, she gets it. ——That's because the heavens themselves have chosen Priscilla. I'm sure you've heard of how the old... er, Leip-san's lands have bounced back lately?]

Al sent a meaningful look in Marcos' direction.

Marcos: [We have already confirmed this for ourselves. Following the passing of Leip Barielle-san, Priscilla-sama took control of policy within his lands... resulting in the region's unprecedented prosperity.]

Al: [Well, don't mistake that as us working hard for the sake of everyone else or something, ok? Princess' guesses are always on the mark as if she's a natural. She's just right about everything, no ifs, ands, or buts.]

???: [————]

Al: [Well, if you're under Princess, you can do whatever you want. If you're gonna bet on the winning horse, I think it's best to do it sooner rather than later, though.]

It was as if both master and servant, so full of confidence, had forgotten their humility back in their mothers' wombs. —Volume 4, Chapter 4, Section 3

Back