• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae's Speed

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Believe me, I love the Shantae series. So it hurts to do her dirty like this. But I have to make sure she's accurate.

Her page currently provides no scan or calc link for speed. This is kinda sus.

What it SHOULD link to is Jasonsith's calc (for an entirely DIFFERENT lightning-based feat entirely).

But again -- we have no reason to assume that this is real lightning, something the calc owner himself has addressed and made a Low End for, which is what should be assumed was accepted. Thus, we should not be using Massively Hypersonic for Shantae when the feat was calced to be Subsonic.

On the other hand, we do have a High Hypersonic calc for Shantae that's been sitting in limbo, but what is to be done with that remains to be seen.

The supersonic rating is okay since the feat comes from dodging Risky's flintlock pistol, but we should have a link to the page itself to not confuse readers.

Shantae's page in general could use a big clean up in the future as a lot of her abilities either don't have explanations or are scanless.

Agree:
Disagree:
Incon:

I'm not seeing random bolts on a sunny day that explode on impact as being realistic. Especially when it's presumably coming from a machine that just collects energy and presumably fires it off as a defense mechanism.

yeah I was speaking in general, also slight clarification I should have said 8-C+

Back