• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I've just finished watching the "Knuckles" show and gathered my thoughts so...

Snip
NAAAAH YOU PULLED OUT "SONIC DREAMS COLLECTION" FOR EPISODE 4 😭 😭

I think your thoughts are a pretty fair analysis of the show. Definitely some weak spots that could be improved upon (in my case, I think the focus of some episodes and pacing could definitely be revised), but I think its still enjoyable in its own right. I can totally understand the mixed opinions people have on the show, but the claims that its "the worst piece of Sonic media" is one of the hugest stretches I've heard. I think one thing everyone can agree on is that Knuckles was not slandered. His character is consistent in quality and I hope Sonic 3 keeps up that momentum for the character

So, from what I gather, the Master Emerald was referred to as a planetary threat? High 6-A, possibly 5-B Super Sonic?
I interpreted the implication as 5-B given "entire planet" was said. Of course, thats with the assumption that this outcome is referring to the use of the Master Emerald's power, which seems to be the case

I interpreted the implication as 5-B given "entire planet" was said. Of course, thats with the assumption that this outcome is referring to the use of the Master Emerald's power, which seems to be the case
Ahhh yeah that statement is plainly 5-B, I thought "world" was used. A 6-C, possibly 5-B rating could work then, with the low-end remaining to not overestimate his power (since as of now he's just at one appearance).

Btw, excellent work on those gifs you made of Knuckles' stuff.

Ahhh yeah that statement is plainly 5-B, I thought "world" was used. A 6-C, possibly 5-B rating could work then, with the low-end remaining to not overestimate his power (since as of now he's just at one appearance).
Yeah, here's how I'd phrase it:

"At least Island level (Far stronger than before. Effortlessly destroyed the Giant Eggman Robot, which was impervious to his attacks in his base form. Casually created a storm for the purpose of creating a chili dog. Said to have godlike power granted by the Chaos Emeralds and was described as the most powerful hero in the universe), possibly Planet level (Super Sonic is powered by the Chaos Emeralds released from the Master Emerald, which Knuckles claimed could have destroyed Earth entirely)"

Btw, excellent work on those gifs you made of Knuckles' stuff.

Thanks. If I can get any other high quality clips for Knuckles' stuff from the show, I'll try sharing them here

If anyone is interrested, can I get your opinion on this fight?

If anyone is interrested, can I get your opinion on this fight?
I would wait for the skill revision thread to finish first

Oh, I've completed my draft for the Classic Era downgrade. There's more threads open than I'd like atm and I'm not in a rush to get this started, figured I would just let you guys know it's basically ready.

For those who like High 4-C Classic, take the opportunity to have your last bit of fun. He'll be back in Tier 5 soon

Oh, I've completed my draft for the Classic Era downgrade. There's more threads open than I'd like atm and I'm not in a rush to get this started, figured I would just let you guys know it's basically ready.

For those who like High 4-C Classic, take the opportunity to have your last bit of fun. He'll be back in Tier 5 soon
Why are you downgrading them?

didn't care, it is better than having him at multi-city block

I don't know why I'm so hyped for this movie. I don't even care for the Adventure games that much either (though I do like the characters introduced in them, especially Big and Rouge)
Probably because this is the beginning of a video game movie series that's actually good. If they keep this momentum, Sonic can be just a big of a movie icon as he is a gaming one.
it is better than having him at multi-city block
That it is

Probably because this is the beginning of a video game movie series that's actually good. If they keep this momentum, Sonic can be just a big of a movie icon as he is a gaming one.
True that. Also Shadow is a genuinely marvelous character so I guess he's another big reason for why I (and so many other people) have really high hopes for this movie.
I was hoping for it to have at least some stuff from Sonic 3, maybe a couple references, but seeing as the second movie already blended Sonic 2 and 3 together (even having references to the respective Zones like Ice Cap and Aquatic Ruin to a degree) I wouldn't mind this being almost solely focused on being an adaptation of the Adventure games.
Plus Keanu Reeves as Shadow makes way more sense than Chris Pratt as Mario and Garfield lmao

Interesting...I know we should always be cautious about what Ian says,but he just stated that Classic Super vs The End would be no different because "Super Sonic has the power & the will to overcome anything."

That is more stuff for the variable tier,but it seems like that variability is greater than we give it credit for.

Interesting...I know we should always be cautious about what Ian says,but he just stated that Classic Super vs The End would be no different because "Super Sonic has the power & the will to overcome anything."

That is more stuff for the variable tier,but it seems like that variability is greater than we give it credit for.
Considering how in frontiers, base's growtg
H = Super's growth in the same proportion, then no, that is def not the case

Also link please?

I know we should always be cautious about what Ian says,but he just stated that Classic Super vs The End would be no different because "Super Sonic has the power & the will to overcome anything."
Lore accurate Super Sonic BABYYYY
Honestly I buy the premise, emotions irl are very powerful things that drive us beyond what we think we can accomplish.

Everything except a random machine Eggman did in Unleashed, lol.

Everything except a random machine Eggman did in Unleashed, lol.
I mean tbh fair it was a machine created by one of the most intelligent characters in the Sonicverse who just so happens to have plenty of personal experience with the capabilities of Super Sonic.

Let's not kid ourselves Doctor Eggman is the Doctor Doom of Sonic since when he is not tunnel visioned and prepares accordingly he solos 99% of his own verse but you know the "status quo" of supervillains when they do get a "W".

I mean tbh fair it was a machine created by one of the most intelligent characters in the Sonicverse who just so happens to have plenty of personal experience with the capabilities of Super Sonic.

Let's not kid ourselves Doctor Eggman is the Doctor Doom of Sonic since when he is not tunnel visioned and prepares accordingly he solos 99% of his own verse but you know the "status quo" of supervillains when they do get a "W".
that is more a feat for Sonic tbh, without him, all the other characters can't do anything to keep Eggman from taking over, Forces was bad, but that detail makes me think back on all other situations and reflect

Considering how in frontiers, base's growtg
H = Super's growth in the same proportion, then no, that is def not the case

Also link please?
So this wiki assumes that the super form increases in power along with the base form? So why do Metal Madness and Metal Overlord scale to Solaris?
The 2006 Sonic is infinitely stronger than his Heroes version, recharging the emeralds for longer should only make the super form stronger than it would be if they didn't do it in that game, not escalate an enemy in the future. which escalates to a super form coming from a stronger Sonic

So this wiki assumes that the super form increases in power along with the base form? So why do Metal Madness and Metal Overlord scale to Solaris?
we rate only the minimum values and the maximum values, the Emeralds would naturally scale higher/on par with Low 1-C things, and they have the statements of affecting everything in the verse, that that isn't much of a problem, it isn't that Metal Overlord scales to Solaris, it is just that the Emeralds themselves are that high, a user using them is naturally higher tho

The 2006 Sonic is infinitely stronger than his Heroes version, recharging the emeralds for longer should only make the super form stronger than it would be if they didn't do it in that game, not escalate an enemy in the future. which escalates to a super form coming from a stronger Sonic
not really? it means that the Super Forms in Heroes where in their up schalon of power, but it doesn't mean they are stronger than any later appearances, Frontiers shows this in the Titans and The End, which are both >> Metal Overlord, yet it didn't took as much, if any, charge time for the Emeralds when Sonic faced them

we rate only the minimum values and the maximum values, the Emeralds would naturally scale higher/on par with Low 1-C things, and they have the statements of affecting everything in the verse, that that isn't much of a problem, it isn't that Metal Overlord scales to Solaris, it is just that the Emeralds themselves are that high, a user using them is naturally higher tho

not really? it means that the Super Forms in Heroes where in their up schalon of power, but it doesn't mean they are stronger than any later appearances, Frontiers shows this in the Titans and The End, which are both >> Metal Overlord, yet it didn't took as much, if any, charge time for the Emeralds when Sonic faced them
I just read the metal sonic profile carefully, you're right, sorry for the inconvenience.

Final got around to watching the knuckles show.

Ep1

Knuckles warrior persona is fun for the most part but he definitely works best when bouncing off of somebody. People and other organizations having so many of knuckles quills is kinda weird but I guess it makes sense considering there final battle with eggman. But we’re are they getting the portal rings from?Wades backstory is kinda messed up, I thought he was gonna end off his story with his dad dying or something. But homie just left his ass at tj max💀💀. The black guy was probably the most entertaining aspect of this ep, I just like his energy. Overall solid ep, 7/10

Easily his best moment.

1592676415.ospyx_the_ultimate_life_form_with_bg_smaller.jpg

wdvehga1u6pa1.jpg

Thought I'd share this Shadow fanart I found

Back