• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanjiro Vs Ryuunosuke | Demon Slayer Vs A Ghost (0-2-0)

Ryuunosuke Vs Tanjiro

Keys: Ryuunosuke is in his key & Tanjiro is in his Post Training Key (First Key)
Rules:
1. Ryuunosuke has a sledgehammer & Tanjiro has his usual sword and coat
2. Speed is equalized

Let the demon slayering begin

Doesn't Tanjiro horribly skillstomp Ryu?

Oh wait this is the first key
1. Yes this is his first key
2. Ryuunosuke has combat skill competent enough to keep up with someone with 300+ years of combat experience along with Ryuunosuke's own skill of copying people's actions after seeing it once to counter his opponent. Ryuunosuke als has many things that crush skill like precognition, IA and his insane Acrobatics

1. Yes this is his first key
2. Ryuunosuke has combat skill competent enough to keep up with someone with 300+ years of combat experience along with Ryuunosuke's own skill of copying people's actions after seeing it once to counter his opponent. Ryuunosuke als has many things that crush skill like precognition, IA and his insane Acrobatics
So... equal?

So... equal?
Equal how?? Tanjiro in this key hasn't fought anyone with 300 years of combat experience nor does he have precognition/IA. His acrobatics at this point would be notable but basic compared to Ryuunosuke. Infact, This tanjiro is just after he became a demon slayer, right?

Equal how?? Tanjiro in this key hasn't fought anyone with 300 years of combat experience nor does he have precognition/IA. His acrobatics at this point would be notable but basic compared to Ryuunosuke. Infact, This tanjiro is just after he became a demon slayer, right?
Oh, well then, ouch. I'll have to look into what each other can do here. Or... You know what, I vote Ryu due to superior skill against this Tanjiro and better precog

Ryuunosuke upscales massively above his value (Hes already stronger) along with having a massive LS difference which would give him a massive edge in combat. Skill wise Ryuunosuke would have more experience and incredible acrobatics giving him another edge. A weapon which as a sledgehammer would deal significantly more damage to tanjiro physically than ryuu's AP already can. I don't see how he doesn't win this with his physical capabilities taken into consideration

Ryuunosuke upscales massively above his value (Hes already stronger) along with having a massive LS difference which would give him a massive edge in combat. Skill wise Ryuunosuke would have more experience and incredible acrobatics giving him another edge. A weapon which as a sledgehammer would deal significantly more damage to tanjiro physically than ryuu's AP already can. I don't see how he doesn't win this with his physical capabilities taken into consideration
Isn't this a stomp then? What wincons does Tanjiro have?

Wouldn't really be a stomp. Ryuunosuke sure takes physical stats in every category but it's not like tanjiro can't fight back with his own set of skills and abilities. Just that he'd eventually lose.
Yeah, but like, wincons. Can Tanjiro outlast? Or water hax him? (Actually forget that, that shit kinda sucks). Because a stomp isn't just getting one shotted or outhaxed, it also can mean that the other character has no win conditions, and Tanjiro has not a lot going for him if he's getting precog'd + outskilled + outmanuvered. Maybe try a later key, like the next one.

Yeah, but like, wincons. Can Tanjiro outlast? Or water hax him? (Actually forget that, that shit kinda sucks). Because a stomp isn't just getting one shotted or outhaxed, it also can mean that the other character has no win conditions, and Tanjiro has not a lot going for him if he's getting precog'd + outskilled + outmanuvered. Maybe try a later key, like the next one
Idk any wincons for tanjiro other from physical stats nor has any been presented so we can't just say "oh yea nobody argued how tanjiro can win" when it's only us and im a ryuunosuke supporter while no DS supporter is here. I doubt tanjiro could push ryuunosuke far to outlast him as ryuunosuke has the physical stats to defeat tanjiro before that happens.

Idk any wincons for tanjiro other from physical stats nor has any been presented so we can't just say "oh yea nobody argued how tanjiro can win" when it's only us and im a ryuunosuke supporter while no DS supporter is here. I doubt tanjiro could push ryuunosuke far to outlast him as ryuunosuke has the physical stats to defeat tanjiro before that happens.
I mean, I know early DS decently well, but yeah, get a supporter because I can't provide much here.

Back