• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing World of Gumball: Gumball revisions

Ayewale

He/Him
Been re-watching The Amazing World of Gumball, and looked over Gumball and Darwin's pages. Overall they're far from being bad, quite good actually, but I've got some issues with Gumball's page.

1. Powers & Abilities:
    1. Gumball (and Darwin) should both have passive Mind Reading. They were able to voice out Clare's internal narration in The Others, to the point of having a long conversation with her boyfriend before she had even started internally narrating about him. Since he already has the telepath tag there is no reason this shouldn't be approved. The 'passive' comes from the fact that they detected it the moment they became 'aware' of her.
      1. There's other mind-reading feats in the series but I can't remember rip
    2. Stamina should remain Superhuman, with the justification that they were able to travel seven thousand miles--as well as fall great heights and travel underground--in a single afternoon (link clipped out the mention of Bobert saying "seven thousand miles ahead" though), which applies for both Gumball and Darwin. Also walked to a desert in an afternoon (in an attempt to get as far away from civilization as possible), though were exhausted afterwards--this should apply to Gumball, Drawin and Anais.
    3. Attack Potency, Durability and Striking Strength:
      1. Durability (and therefore the rest of the stats) should probably be 8-C based off this, which the whole family is unaffected by.
      2. Should likely go much higher than that based off Darwin sneezing the whole ******* town off the ground and sending Banana Joe's family to China, both of which Gumball and Anais were unaffected by.
      3. Should have a varies tag as none of Gumball's stats are even close to being consistent.
    4. Weaknesses:
      1. Gumball is absolutely not pacifistic. For one thing, the evidence given for such is terrible: remorse is not an indicator of pacifism in the slightest (because otherwise Batman would be the world's biggest pacifist) and even in the example the page gives he is fighting Rob. His usual avoidance of fights is due to being too lazy to go out of his way to fight, or fearing a loss, something the page itself notes.
        1. He was perfectly willing to fight Tobias, Anais's Bully (before learning they were a child), Allen (it's a funny gag but he was still going to physically fight him), the Internet and ******* Darwin when he felt like it.
        2. The aforementioned feats would also make his cowardice downplayed; still present, but certainly not dehabilitating. He was also willing to dive in and fight a huge pack of animals when Penny was in danger.
      2. Gumball's naivety mostly comes from the first season or two; from thereon out he's not naive, just dim-witted. He actually becomes markedly more cynical ("It's the 21st century", becoming hyper-anxious about Darwin's relationship with Carrie failing, etc).
    5. Intelligence: Should Vary from Below Average to Genius.
      1. The Joyful Burger feat being rated as Above Average is ridiculous, that's easily far beyond any regular human being and would place his peak intelligence at Genius.
      2. Gumball's also not incapable of forming decent plans that actually work out, like him creating a Happy Ending for Clare, the very elaborate trials he created for Penny (which included some knowledge of chemistry).
    6. Standard Tactics:
      1. I think the absence of him using hax in most of his fights lacks a bit of context: most of the fights gumball has are either very short, against people he wasn't really willing to hurt, or both. The page notes that he doesn't often use his haxes in combat, but he's used many of his haxes offensively; wouldn't be too unreasonable to assume he would use them in a fight.
        1. It's also worth noting that in the majority of these fights he's fighting classmates, friends and/or people he generally likes. There are obviously exceptions (The Internet, random wild animals) though.
      2. I think him constantly underestimating his opponents requires some sort of citation, because this is diametrically opposed to him running from his opponents out of fear that they're too strong.
      3. Him running away is one of his primary tactics, but from the weaknesses section shown above(and from him diving in to save Penny) he's quite capable of going on the offensive. Additionally, most of the time when he's running, it is out of surprise.
    7. The Helmet:
      1. The Helmet being defeated by a ranged attack seems like a classic case of Plot-Induced Stupidity. Anais and Darwin were completely unable to hit gumball at point-blank range, to the point where random birds would spawn out of thin air to take the hit instead. It's straight up just warping reality by all accounts; it being able to be taken out by a random far-ranged attack is 100% an outlier.
Agree: Maverick_Zero_X, Tago238 (Disagrees with Helmet), Board3659, Quasar002, Sir_Ovens
Disagree:

Last edited:
I agree with everyone apart from the helmet thing. It’s perfectly possible that it warps reality around a large range only to protect against local threats. Or that it just a range limit anyway, the bird could have started closer than Darwin was when he reflected the ball.

I agree with everyone apart from the helmet thing. It’s perfectly possible that it warps reality around a large range only to protect against local threats. Or that it just a range limit anyway, the bird could have started closer than Darwin was when he reflected the ball.
If it only protects around local threats then it would've stopped the stone from hitting him when it got into range, no?

Agree with everything but Helmet seems kind of dumb

Also to add on

Gumball killed Allen in The bus just because he found him annoying.

Gumball also did fight against Ocho. Sure Ocho did kill Darwin before he did but he didn't try to talk to him it was Darwin who did. Gumball was at most scared

Oh yeah, he also fought the console itself and even killed a bunch of animals and citizens of Elmore to gain EXP when he was in the Console.
He attacked the Awsome store guy immediately as well

Last edited:
actually looking at it I think while the Helmet can be hit by a range object it really will be a lot more unlikely since even these close shots missed easily so I think just increasing it's probability is enough

Once this CRT is done I want to remake a bunch of Gumball fights that he lossed for really dumb reasons like his Pacifism or the lucky helmet being able to be hit

actually looking at it I think while the Helmet can be hit by a range object it really will be a lot more unlikely since even these close shots missed easily so I think just increasing it's probability is enough
Yeah maybe it's just like, without danmaku the chance of hitting is low. There really isn't any reason why it was hit in the first place tbh.

I agree with most of the changes. I actually already had some of the exact same ideas as you. I even have some more major revisions planned in addition to these, but I haven't got around to preparing them yet. However, I disagree with a few details in the original post.

Claire's internal dialogue was treated as the narration of her own plotline, so I think this is an example of Gumball and Darwin's fourth wall awareness. I doubt anyone opens their locker and thinks to themself "my name is Claire" followed by describing their circumstances in the style of exposition. Also, if this ability were normal telepathy, and if it were passive, it would occur in many other circumstances that we've seen it not occur in, as evident by how Gumball isn't portrayed as a character who knows what everyone is thinking. Gumball's fourth wall awareness is shown to be passive in other ways, so my interpretation aligns with already established ideas.

I don't think all the stats of the characters should be tier 8-C. The entire point of the episode where Darwin was sneezing was that him causing so much destruction was a major problem that needed a solution. The characters were always portrayed as weaker than the sneezing, with one small-scale sneeze even knocking out Nicole and Richard. In a previous revision, I had already given Darwin far higher power via his allergic reaction sneezing. I think this is enough.

Back