• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The featured section of the wiki navigation bar

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Currently this section features the columns "Members" and "Articles".

Given that it seems too much like individual bragging over what is a group effort, I suggest that we get rid of "Members".

I am uncertain whether we should also get rid of "Articles", or simply update it to feature more of our most well-written, and popular, character profiles?

Given DontTalk's recent work with organising the verses into different types of media, I also suggest that we insert a new "Media" column, with links to all of the "Anime", "Manga", "Comicbooks", "Book verses", "Movies", "Visual Novels", "Cartoons", "TV Series" (and others that I have overlooked) categories.

I think that this would help casual visitors to more easily find what they are looking for.

I don't think you should remove members. You and DarkLK deserve some recognition. If anything, keep it and add Kav with you guys.

Articles is just going to be filled up with Dragon Ball profiles if we go by the most popular, with the only others being Saitama and Sans. Maybe Pikachu if the mobile page is anything to go by.

I like the Media column

Do you want to get rid of, or update, the "Articles" section?

This is a nice idea.

And I think you should keep yourself and DarkLK and also add Kav like Cal said.

I actually like the lone All Star Superman featured article. The most well written and nicest Supes should have some people paying attention to him.

Wasn't the All Star Superman featured so that people could have an idea of what a profile should look like and that they can use it as a reference?

Seeing the profile it is very nicely made, it would be an excellent example but i don't think most people will make the connection.

Well, DarkLK designed most of our tiering system, and is the most knowledgeable person about how it fundamentally works, but he is mostly focused on running the ACF wiki.

I technically have worked the hardest with managing the site, but other members have also worked very hard, and I won't be around forever.

Lord Kavpeny has used his programming and organisation skills to build a good structure for the wiki, and revised our attack potency energy scale, but is mostly extremely exhausted from managing his real life responsibilities nowadays.

In addition, I think that it is bad form for the bureaucrats to single themselves out as the ones who matter most to the wiki, and it also paints a target on our heads, as anybody who has a problem with any profiles in the wiki will automatically blame us.

Anyway, I do not mind keeping the "Articles" section, but it should get at least a few more entries in that case.

Yes, the All Star Superman profile is supposed to be an example of how to write a profile, so I suppose that it should remain. However, we might need to list some other well-written pages as well.

So, how about if we do this:

• Remove the "Members" section.
  • Add some more very well-written profiles to the "Articles" section (We need suggestions for this)
  • Add a new "Media" section.

As grateful as I am for the bureacrats and believe they deserve recognition, I agree with most of Ant's points regarding that. I would also like to keep the Featured Articles tab.

Perhaps since Goku has consistently been our most popular profile for quite some time, and is of decent quality, that deserves to have a featured spot. Along with some other iconic characters like Mario, Sonic, Spiderman and such.

Well, the profiles would have to be a combination of well-written, with good page structure, and reasonably popular.

Looking through here, I think Saitama and Arceus could be added. They are reasonably popular and could help people that want to add slideshows or gifs to profiles.

Edit: Sans also.

I agree with Antvasima, as well.

Saitama, Arceus, and All Star Superman would all be good, I think.

Okay. Thanks for the suggestions.

Saitama, Arceus, and Son Goku seem fine to me, although we should probably try to find a very well-written Marvel Comics profile to include as well.

However, somebody else will have to edit the wiki navigation bar, as I am unable to do so for some reason.

I can edit it.

I added some featured articles and removed the members.

Okay. Thank you.

It would also be good if you insert a "Media" column, with links to all of the "Anime", "Manga", "Comicbooks", "Book verses", "Movies", "Visual Novels", "Cartoons", and "TV Series" categories.

I am uncertain whether we should provide a link to the Captain America, Spider-Man, or Thor article, in addition to All-Star Superman, Arceus, Saitama, and Son Goku?

Which is of best quality?

I think Thor may be the best option, of those. I'll add him.

I've done so, and added the media column.

Thank you very much for the help.

There is an extra, empty, "Media" folder though.

That shouldn't be there; it was there due to a typo the first time, but I've since removed it.

Got it. Thank you for pointing it out.

Again, no problem, and thank you as well. This appears to have been resolved very efficiently.

Back