• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The notification problems

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Since the rest of the staff likely have the same problems that I do, with receiving notification bell updates when there are new replies to threads that we are subscribed to, here is my current tactic:

First open all of the notifications that you have received in separate windows, so they do not immediately disappear.

Then click to clean all of the notifications at the bottom of the list. Afterwards, new threads should show up, and you can repeat the process with them as well, for the current active threads, while simply continuing to clean out the ones that are 6 months old, and similar, until they are gone.

I usually open them in tabs, it decreases the burden on my computer.

I have also noticed that when someone highlights a post, my notifications suddenly pop up whereas they don't before. So I usually wait for a highlight to take action.

But yea, as Kuu said, my notification system seems fine now.

Well, the problem is that I automatically receive some notifications, but not remotely all of them.

The new update has seemingly fixed that issue I had as far as I can tell, before that it used to be I was getting none, wake up in the morning and i've got 40 out of nowhere.

Well for me, this is better than having a non-proper working notification. This way, i can reply right away to any incoming message rather than having to literally look at the screen to wait for something to pop up...

it's fine for me really i guess it was fixed but i didn't get that many notifications later on

Hmm. So Kuu, Alaka, Matt, Redgrave i presume, Aizen, and me have our notifications working fine, it looks like.

Azzy and Ant's are buggy.

Don't know about those like Promestein's and Mighty.

And i presume A6's might possibly work fine for his, maybe?

Seems about it from where i'm looking at so far...

Well, I get notifications for some threads, but not all of them, as usual.

Well, the automatic notifications seem to have worked better for me again the last few days.

It seems so, yes. I think that my problems may stem from that I am subscribed to hundreds of threads, so when I clean out the backlog, as I explained in the OP, the system usually works better for a while.

Back