• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based off of what we know, would deciding the most omnipotent of the omnipotent even be determinable? Because most of the beings in Tier 0 have very vague descriptions, and we ultimately know a hell of a lot less about them then say, Goku from DBZ or Sonic the Hedgehog.

One captivating observation I found while browsing the Tier is that none of the beings are classified as a hard omnipotent, but rather questionably omnipotent. So we can't decipher who the highest rank would be among these godly beings by that alone. It also just goes to show you how little we truly understand about them.

We can assume that Azathoth from Demonbane is the exact same one from the Cthulhu Mythos, so now that leaves us with six characters as opposed to seven.

Azathoth seems to be absolutely insane with its description. The wiki states that existence itself is nothing more than its dream, and if it ever woke up, there would be no worlds or even gods themselves. Because of that very claim, I'm willing to classify Azathoth as the strongest Tier 0 character, and thus, the strongest character in all of fiction, period, at least that is actually on this wiki. It's a bold claim, I know, but what do you even say to that level of power?

EDIT: Never mind the strongest fictional period, that would be way undermining the world of fiction. Still impressive, and I still believe that he's the strongest Tier 0 character, but for all I know, there are characters not even on this wiki that would laugh at this feat.

I'm no Marvel fanatic, but The-One-Above-All seems pretty intriguing. It is stated to be the supreme creator of an omniverse, though that is largely limited to Marvel comics. Though we know that The Writer has to be above T-O-A-A, because he wrote everything, duh. The Writer himself though, Grant Morrison, is really just a human at the end of the day. He's only Tier 0 because he totally dominates and controls all of the Marvel universe. Thus, we can conclude that T-O-A-A and Grant are most likely the weakest characters of Tier 0.

RIP The Law of Identity. Though, as a big Demon King Daimao fan, I think it would be stretching it to place her as a hard Omnipresent or even a Questionably Omnipresent. There's only so much we know in that regard, even less than Tier 0 in their essence and of their nature. A High 1-A makes total sense, as stretching out into the final tier seems a hyperbole to me. She's not only limited to nigh-Omniscience due to her not even knowing everything she knows, but is usually restricted in the form of Soga Keena, a Manic Pixie Girl who really loves rice, though this is not to downplay her at all. There's just no hard confirmation on whether or not she is either omnipresent, or simply a reality warper of her verse. I'm aware of the thread based on this very argument, and this is what I've concluded.

Kami Tenchi is void of any actual speculation or hard-confirmed description. It is the most god-like character you can possibly think of in the sense that it has no limitations, but no bold claims to power akin to Azathoth above. We don't really know what Tenchi is capable of, other than his indisputed god status. It does seem to be limited to its universe akin to many of the others here in Tier 0, though its extreme lack of discernible weaknesses or limits really puts it up there.

Ah, The Creator. Regardless of whether or not you enjoyed Umineko no Naku Koro ni any more than Higurashi, it's undeniable that the verse packs some power that is screwed over beyond all recognition. Though The Creator himself is basically the Kami Tenchi of its verse, it is said to be boundless, freed from all restrictions in all aspects, including life, death, and meaning. (Literally just taking this from the Wiki page.) Because of the extreme omnipotence of both Kami Tenchi and The Creator, it may or may not be safe to say that these two beings (obviously along with Azathoth, in all of his utterly busted glory) aren't just limited to their own universe, if that even makes any sense. Honestly, wrapping my mind around all these (admittedly compelling) omnipotent shenanigans provokes more questions than why Napoleon Bonaparte invaded Russia. But I must digress.

And at last, Divine Presence. Quite possibly the most intriguing being in all of Tier 0, in my opinion. It's literally just a preeminent light that concludes the already overpowered verse it's in to the bad ending, from what I can gather. Just get a load of this paragraph, will ya?

"The light appears from nowhere and instantly fills everything. The light that blurs reality and unreality, and also becomes a reality and unreality. Those who come into this light, are losing all the thoughts and feelings, and they begin to dissolve in it. In the world remains nothing more than an endless white light. And the feeling of presence of terrifying and majestic supreme being."

You ain't gonna run home to your mommy after witnessing that nonsense. Your very essence in the fabric of reality will be long gone before you can try and convince your family that you totally weren't out playing Guilty Gear far past midnight, chilling with your homies, drowning your life away with the sanctuary of symphonies that is "Big Blast Sonic", but again, I must digress.

So overall, in my personal opinion, this is the official Toxic Tier List of The Treacherous Tier 0. Try saying that three times fast.

Azathoth>>Kami Tenchi=The Creator>>>>>>>The Writer, Grant Morrison>>>The-One-Under-All

Put Divine Presence wherever you feel like. Also, The Law of Identity I'd personally put just above The Writer, Grant, because he's still ultimately just a human, just one that dictates the entire existence of an entire universe. But that's all he is in the end, again, in my not so professional opinion. And try telling me that the rice fanatic o'er yonder is above The Creator, Kami Tenchi, or even Azathoth. I double-dog dare you. I will clobber you with an electric toaster if you comment that below. (Joking.)

So anyway, this is the part I was looking forward to. I really want to hear your guys' and gals' opinion on Tier 0. Maybe we can form an official Tier 0 Tier List ourselves! Or not. I wouldn't blame anyone, given how fundamentally broken this tier is.

Sorry this was so long, by the way. I just wanted to get a baseline going for the comments section, and provide my thoughts immediately as opposed to handing them out like candy while the discussion (if there even becomes one) is going on. I'm really looking forward to all of your responses! Until then, fare thee well.

Moved to Questions and Answers.

Now, to potentially answer all your questions:

>How little we know about them

Tier 0's are rated as they are because there is no other character/semblance of a character in that fictional continuity that is as prominent as them. If there is, they automatically become High 1-A. Questionably omnipotent is the stance our Wiki takes in that omnipotence in reality is already a mess of philosophical quandaries and perspectives, and so trying to prove it in fiction is impossible. Thus, High 1-A and 0 are meant to serve as indicators of the top of a hierarchy only - 0 is used when a "boundless" being has no limitations that are displayed or alluded to in the story, having no equal (there cannot be two tier 0's in a verse) and High 1-A is used when said "boundless" character does have one or more small or otherwise fractional weaknesses, or is equal to/surpassed by other characters of the same or greater stature.

>We can assume that Demonbane's Azzy and Yog are the same as CM's

Except they are not, and we do not entertain the concept of transfictionalism on this Wiki to any degree (as it's a violation of the Reality - Fiction Interaction rules) unless an alternative canon agreed to by two separate copryight holders has been established (like DC and Marvel crossovers)

To address the rest of your post:

While it is hypothetically possible that some High 1-A's and 0's may be above others, even vastly so, or that a High 1-A from one verse may be superior to a 0 from another verse, it is inconclusive and unfacilitated to assume so, and furthermore cannot be logically argued, nor should they be on this Wiki, as High 1-A and 0 versus battles are banned due to many issues, not the least of being their contradictory nature.

I hope I've satisfactorily answered your queries.

ToxicJared said:
Azathoth seems to be absolutely insane with its description. The wiki states that existence itself is nothing more than its dream, and if it ever woke up, there would be no worlds or even gods themselves. Because of that very claim, I'm willing to classify Azathoth as the strongest Tier 0 character, and thus, the strongest character in all of fiction, period, at least that is actually on this wiki.
Sorry, but...

10t0ep

Haha, to be honest, I knew that statement was very bold. However, I think at least on this wiki, as I stated above, it's fair to assume that if there actually is a logical strongest Tier 0, it would be Azathoth. Should've guessed though that he's not the strongest fictional thing, because that'd be absolutely ridiculous. XD But again, I digress.

My arrow was meant to point at DarkLK's Godzilla.

If by Azathoth's justification alone you believe he is the strongest because it says he can erase all of existence, Mario characters would be on that level. I agree with Aeyu on the subject.

Basically what I'm getting at is that "erasing all of existence" is very vague, and what that means varies from verse to verse. In Mario, it causes a character to be 2-B, in Final Fantasy, 2-C, in the Cthulhu Mythos, 0.

To TheHadouCyberspaceWitch

Again, I admittedly got pretty excited when I said that he's the strongest fictional character period, and was probably wanking that one for a good ten minutes, but I still firmly believe that he's the strongest in Tier 0. Again, the description literally says that all of existence is his dream, and if he ever woke up, there would be no worlds (or even Gods) themselves. That would most likely put him above other deities specifically in Tier 0 if what that says applies to the entire fabric of reality itself. Plus, Cthulu Mythos is more broad than being potentially tied down to a specific universe, as The Creator and Kami Tenchi were.

I hope that makes my thoughts more clear! :)

-TJ

>Suggsverse

>Uses pointless levels of "omnipotence" to denote hierarchical difference between characters

It wouldn't even be in the top 5 verses on this site. Umineko, Lovecraft, Masadaverse, I/O, Dark Tower, DC and Marvel all surpass it as far as "powerscaling" goes.

Toxic, Azathoth is also tied down to a specific verse. He can't just erase The-One-Above-All or Kami Tenchi or The Creator. When it says "or even Gods", it's not referring to those characters, it's referring to the Great Old Ones, and the Outer Gods and this guy and things inside of the Cthulhu Mythos, it's not implying he could erase all of composite fiction, including other tier 0 beings. There is no "being above or below" when it comes to tier 0. They all have no known limits, and arguing that one is above all others because he can erase all existence in his verse, well, that's like saying The-One-Above-All and Kami Tenchi can't. And they can.

Suggs, himself, is a mortal human. His work isn't that complex, he just uses pleonasm and other fluffy words to make it sound so. His Voyagers don't pass being 1-A, and they're the strongest in his verse. If the word "Omnipotence" when used meant that a character was automatically tier 0, then Majin Buu, Babidi, Thor, Odin, Galactus, DC's stars, and many other things that obviously aren't tier 0 would be so.

@ToxicJared

Omnipotence is just above anything, there can't be one above the other if they truly are omnipotent, it's like infinity, you can't add on to it because it's not a normal number, but rather transcendence over it.

They don't have restrictions, just because they only created the marvel multiverse, which also has an omniverse and unlimited time lines, doesn't mean that they have them - In their comic, series, movie, etc it is the entirety of creation, if it doesn't connect to another, it's not even relevant to the material.

It's not like the other omnipotents can't do that to reality, they can with zero effort, because they're omnipotent.

I don't think you understand how arbitrary and vague that is. Most 1-A characters on this wiki technically transcend the concept of words. I also think you're exaggerating their power quite a bit. There are only a few characters that are that transcendent in the verse when you actually read the stuff.

I think Omnipotence is just doesn't mean anything for sugs simply because you still need to use words to describe Omnipotence and any other Tier, while sugs is transcend the concept of words itself.

If we go by descriptions, TOAA would easily be the most powerful since, according to Marvel, the omniverse meant every single fictional verse + our own reality; Azathoth has nothing on that. This is obviously meaningless as TOAA doesn't have control over anything but Marvel and he certainly doesn't control real life. Going by definitions however, the Writer would probably be second strongest since he's supposed to be a real life person but, once again, even he has no control over anything but DC.

Descriptions themselves are meaningless for this level because they are all essentially the same thing, beings that are infinitely above everything else in their verse. A better solution than finding the strongest of these would be to make a composite omnipotent profile, where it's all of them rolled in one.

I'm likely going to close this thread if whatever questions have been answered, because a long and lengthy argument about what facilitates "omnipotence", and in particular how it stacks up against other fictions when we don't evaluate and likely can't evaluate statistics of said characters, and especially not the disparity between other fictional universes, is not conducive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back