• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing (John Carpenter) "Rework"

Current profile.

New profile.

There are not many differences between both profiles, but I will list the new things... you understand? new THINGS, ok sorry.

1) New keys, there are many Thing Bioforms of different sizes and with different physical abilities. So I decided to add more keys.

Clarification: Original-Thing should be comparable to large things, considering they have a similar size.

2) I replaced Corrosion Inducement with Acid Manipulation.

3) I added a quote, and a tabber for the quotes.

4) I added "Superhuman Physical Characteristics" and "possibly Genius Intelligence" to the Powers and Abilities section, for obvious reasons.

5) I removed the acid from its weaknesses, The Thing can literally spit acid from its insides and it doesn't seem to really affect it much.

6) Its superhuman speed is only available for its Dog Form, the other Bioforms have not demonstrated surprising speed, and in the video game they are slower than Blake.

7) I added 2 new calculations that were accepted.

8) I added Enhanced Senses to the Powers and Abilities section, because it assimilated a dog.

9) I also added Immortality type 3, because well, The Thing has very good regeneration.

10) I added resistance to acid manipulation because The Thing spits acid from inside its body and is not affected.

Last edited:
I still feel the varies tier for the things themselves is better suited, a thing isnt really locked into a certain power level depending on its size, so to speak. A larger thing would be capable of turning into a smaller thing if the situation need be, and a smaller thing would be able to turn into a larger thing if it is in the right circumstance. Splitting each thing into keys depending on how large they are I feel would only be applicable if they weren't able to achieve other sizes in any circumstance.

everything else I agree with from a glance.

I still feel the varies tier for the things themselves is better suited, a thing isnt really locked into a certain power level depending on its size, so to speak. A larger thing would be capable of turning into a smaller thing if the situation need be, and a smaller thing would be able to turn into a larger thing if it is in the right circumstance. Splitting each thing into keys depending on how large they are I feel would only be applicable if they weren't able to achieve other sizes in any circumstance.
I imagined that the profile would be very disordered with a single key for all the bioforms considering that the size the thing takes greatly affects how much power it will have, for example, both the scuttlers (which are the size of a human head) and the human-sized things are Wall level, but if we kept everything in the same key people would get confused and think that they are at the same numerical level of that level (I don't know if I explained myself very well here), when human-sized things have more mass, and in the video game they are not only more difficult to kill, but, if I remember correctly, they do more damage than the scuttlers. Not to mention that human-sized things are not able to break the large walls of the video game, while large things can. At the end of the game, the thing became much more durable than ever as its size increased, so I'm sure it's strongly implied that both the physical capabilities and intelligence of the thing vary depending on how much mass its bioform has.

I imagined that the profile would be very disordered with a single key for all the bioforms considering that the size the thing takes greatly affects how much power it will have, for example, both the scuttlers (which are the size of a human head) and the human-sized things are Wall level, but if we kept everything in the same key people would get confused and think that they are at the same numerical level of that level (I don't know if I explained myself very well here), when human-sized things have more mass, and in the video game they are not only more difficult to kill, but, if I remember correctly, they do more damage than the scuttlers. Not to mention that human-sized things are not able to break the large walls of the video game, while large things can. At the end of the game, the thing became much more durable than ever as its size increased, so I'm sure it's strongly implied that both the physical capabilities and intelligence of the thing vary depending on how much mass its bioform has.
Thats why the varies is something I agree with more, a thing evidently varies a lot in its strength depending on how much biomass it has and the circumstance. Locking a thing into a key with a specific power level would only apply if its physical capability wasn't variable, I feel. For example, lets say in a vs match, you use only the small bioforms key, if it absorbs enough biomass during the fight it wouldnt be restricted to that key anymore at all, which shows how variable the capabilities of a thing are.

Last edited:
I agree with Roach on this. Having The Thing have a Varies key just makes more sense since it doesn't have a fixed size.

Thats why the varies is something I agree with more, a thing evidently varies a lot in its strength depending on how much biomass it has and the circumstance. Locking a thing into a key with a specific power level would only apply if its physical capability wasn't variable, I feel. For example, lets say in a vs match, you use only the small bioforms key, if it absorbs enough biomass during the fight it wouldnt be restricted to that key anymore at all, which shows how variable the capabilities of a thing are.
I agree with Roach on this. Having The Thing have a Varies key just makes more sense since it doesn't have a fixed size.
Okay. Edited sandbox, does it look good now?

Last edited:
Back