• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transduality Type 2 and 3 Clarifications and Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a recent thread regarding Non-Duality, we should wait until that settles. From there, we would go about revising the requirements for the different types.

I believe there was another thread that fujiwara was made that was put on hold because of that thread, i'd have to find it

Thank you for helping out. 🙏

I have unlocked it.

@Antvasima @DontTalkDT I finished applying https://vsbattles.com/threads/transduality-nonduality-application-staff-only.155165/, so we can get back to this thread. This is what DT suggested we do:
I don't think we should codify which words appear in the statement. That just seems unnecessarily inflexible. As said, synonyms and paraphrasing are acceptable. This is the type of thing where one should just look at the explanations the verse gives and think about whether they equate to the requirements for the type that the page lays out.

If it helps someone I guess we could add a note that, due to the abstract nature of the ability, getting it and any of its specific types is dependent entirely on explanations in the verse equating to the states of existence described on the page and can't be demonstrated via showings alone.
Can I proceed with drafting this?

Last edited:
I think that you can write a draft text, yes. Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏🙂❤️

I will also ask DontTalk to take a look here. 🙏

Don't really want to make clarifications on transduality currently. It obviously works much different from how I think it should since the last revision. There is little point in me trying to clarify things regarding a system I think is wrong.

Okay. Feel free to initiate a content revision thread for it if you wish. 🙏

Presenting my suggestions here would just spark the debate now. If anyone really wants to know, I can say in private.

Just make a decision without my input.

@Antvasima DT doesn't want to comment, so I made the draft myself. Is this acceptable?
Due to nonduality's nature as an abstract power, qualifying for it requires a verse to directly explain the way they treat a power in a way that aligns with the standards outlined below; merely demonstrating qualities matching those of a nondual character doesn't automatically qualify a character for it.

@Antvasima DT doesn't want to comment, so I made the draft myself. Is this acceptable?
Just some problem that i think must quickly clarify

So we talking about "all duality" in here. I see some thread that say the all duality is mean all duality in verse. So if the verse just have 2 or 10 dual system, and a character transcend that, he will have ND aspect type 2

I think it was wrong.. but...
When we talking about all duality in ND's page, we talking about all duality the verse have or all duality that normally must be in or govern the reality???

Just some problem that i think must quickly clarify

So we talking about "all duality" in here. I see some thread that say the all duality is mean all duality in verse. So if the verse just have 2 or 10 dual system, and a character transcend that, he will have ND aspect type 2

I think it was wrong.. but...
When we talking about all duality in ND's page, we talking about all duality the verse have or all duality that normally must be in or govern the reality???
This isn't the place for that.

I am afraid that I am not a very good person to ask about this, and I also do not remember the preceding discussion here well anymore.
Firestorm wanted to introduce some specific criteria for what qualifies as dual systems for Type 2 and 3 nonduality, but DT shot that down for being too inflexible and instead proposed that we simply add a minor note on the page that, due to the abstract nature of the ability, getting it and any of its specific types is dependent entirely on explanations in the verse closely matching the criteria described on the page and can't be demonstrated via showings alone, which you agreed with. DT has since expressed that we can finish the discussion without him, so here's my draft:
Due to nonduality's nature as an abstract power, qualifying for it requires a verse to directly explain the way they treat a power in a way that aligns with the standards outlined below; merely demonstrating qualities matching those of a nondual character doesn't automatically qualify a character for it.

"Due to nonduality's nature as an abstract power, qualifying for it requires a verse to directly explain the way it treats a power in a way that aligns with the standards outlined below. Merely demonstrating qualities matching those of a nondual character doesn't automatically qualify a character for it."

The above text seems fine to me, but I would prefer input from @DontTalkDT and possibly @Ultima_Reality .

"Due to nonduality's nature as an abstract power, qualifying for it requires a verse to directly explain the way it treats a power in a way that aligns with the standards outlined below. Merely demonstrating qualities matching those of a nondual character doesn't automatically qualify a character for it."

The above text seems fine to me, but I would prefer input from @DontTalkDT and possibly @Ultima_Reality .
DT has said to not involve them in this. @Ultima_Reality

Well, dumping this evaluation on me risks to make the changes to one of our instruction pages unreliable.

Well, dumping this evaluation on me risks to make the changes to one of our instruction pages unreliable.
Okay, I'll ask the other staff.
@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Andytrenom @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Just_a_Random_Butler @Agnaa @DarkGrath Is the following addition to our Nonduality standards DT suggested acceptable?

@Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Andytrenom @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Just_a_Random_Butler @Agnaa @DarkGrath Anybody else want to comment on this addition?

I think that it can be applied now, yes.

Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏❤️

I think that it can be applied now, yes.

Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏❤️
Done. Close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back