• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Voltage with Fusion Power

With the previous thread, I decided to start fresh with a new one with more cohesive structure based on Fusors using electrical fields for nuclear fusion.

For why KeV is converted into Voltage is to apply Ohm's Law later on as some of the links from the previous thread that 30 KeV would be efficient for the practice. with conversion using the Coulombs (1.60217663e-19), you get around 30000 volts.

For the material I will be using Tungsten ( Ohm/m)

Ohm's would apply here since voltage is a force that carries the charged particles through a conductor as Fusors have Electrodes which are conductors that allows for electricity to move in and out of the object/substance/region.

To find Ohms you would multiply the Ohms/meter with the distance in meters, I will be using the electrodes inside the container instead of the whole thing which is (4.9e-8 * .07) = 3.43e-9 Ohms.

Then we find the Amps which is 30000 volts / 3.43e-9 Ohms = 8.7463557e+12 amps

Then we find the watts which is multiplying volts by amperes = 2.6239067055394E+17 watts = 2.6239067055394E+17 joules/seconds

As for the energy requirement issues, the verse in question transcends conventional science and they have unlimited resources.

@Damage3245 @AbaddonTheDisappointment @KLOL506 @CloverDragon03

Last edited:
Hmm. Aight. I wonder how this would conflict with pixel scaling and stuff? How it would change it and stuff.

Hmm. Aight. I wonder how this would conflict with pixel scaling and stuff? How it would change it and stuff.
What matters really is when you got to find Ohms, is to find the Ohms/meter by what material the voltage is channeled through, and then multiply by the length in meters which is the pixeled stuff which the voltage is channeled through to get the Ohms or resistance.

What matters really is when you got to find Ohms, is to find the Ohms/meter by what material the voltage is channeled through, and then multiply by the length in meters which is the pixeled stuff which the voltage is channeled through to get the Ohms or resistance.
Alright... doing some experimentation with it. What would the voltage even be? By what the material is channelled through? If so, what about for lightning calcs? Do you just use the volts for lightning? How do you even find the volts anyways?

Alright... doing some experimentation with it. What would the voltage even be? By what the material is channelled through? If so, what about for lightning calcs? Do you just use the volts for lightning? How do you even find the volts anyways?
if it is natural lightning or anything that supports it being close to real lightning, I would say use the voltage for that is 300 million.

if it is natural lightning or anything that supports it being close to real lightning, I would say use the voltage for that is 300 million.
I was doing the formula, and uh... the results hit Large Planet. Can you do an example using the averages of lightning? I'm P curious about it.

I was doing the formula, and uh... the results hit Large Planet. Can you do an example using the averages of lightning? I'm P curious about it.
I am not sure about the example, remember, I am not sure which of the air ohms/meters values to use. try using 30000 amps too.

I am not sure about the example, remember, I am not sure which of the air ohms/meters values to use. try using 30000 amps too.
I used the one you provided, the one in the positives resulted in a weirdly high number. Could you find a source of it actually being 1015 ohms/meter? Cause the site DT's calc links to is long gone.

"Luftionen sind Moleküle, die ein Elektron verloren oder hinzugewonnen haben. Solche Ionen sind bereits in der „natürlichen“ Luft vorhanden, werden aber bei Filterung und technischer Aufbereitung entfernt. In natürlicher Umgebung entstehen Luftionen vorwiegend durch ionisierende Strahlung. Trotzdem ist Raumluft normalerweise ein recht guter Isolator mit einem spezifischen Widerstand von über 1015 Ohm/Meter. Durch Steigerung der Ionenzahl kann der spezifische Widerstand der Luft auf 1011 Ohm/Meter gesenkt werden – Resultat ist eine verbesserte elektrische Leitfähigkeit."
Putting it into DEEPL, which means...
"Air ions are molecules that have lost or gained an electron. Such ions are already present in "natural" air, but are removed during filtering and technical treatment. In natural environments, air ions are created primarily by ionizing radiation. Nevertheless, room air is normally a fairly good insulator with a resistivity above 1015 ohms/meter. By increasing the number of ions, the resistivity of air can be lowered to 1011 ohms/meter - resulting in improved electrical conductivity."

I couldn’t either
I found it above and tried; 4000 meters even though wiki standard is 2000.

1015 Ω * m/4000 meters = 0.25 ohms
300,000,000 Volts/0.25 ohms = 1200000000 amperes x 300,000,000 Volts = 3.6 × 10^17 watts. Thats MASSIVELY over the normal lightning, is there anything to avoid wanked results?

300,000,000 Volts/0.25 ohms = 1200000000 amperes x 300,000,000 Volts = 3.6 × 10^17 watts. Thats MASSIVELY over the normal lightning, is there anything to avoid wanked results?
use 30000 amperes as that is for lightning

You can find watts through that with multiplying volts with amps which is around 9e+12 watts

Yea. I did, I'm asking what process do you have to do to find amperers that is that small? Cause the way I did it had it be wayyy bigger.

Back