• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs. board necessities?

So I noticed that we actually do not have any real regulations or explanations concerning VS threads on the wiki. We did not need them for a long time, given that we just more or less recently made a vs board and the use got more active only recently.

So I wonder if there aren´t a few things that should be explained/regulated about them.

For one thing (,which is the main reason I am writing it in the Staff discussion board) I believe spite/stomp threads should be prohibited. They do not add to the profiles, as they are not notable, and will in general just cause bad blood.

The second suggestion is writing a standard assumptions / Standard Scenario for the battles. So basically defining what qualifies as a fair fight. Given that this isn´t all that important and that it would have to be discussed with the community I just want to know what you think of the general idea. I do not plan to start right now, given that there is enough to do otherwise.

Any other ideas about regulations or explanations that could help with the vs board?

I agree. I have actually thought about this before, and realized that we definitely need some rules in VS Forum. Not overly strict rules, just basic ground rules. No spite or stomp threads like you said are a good start.

Explaining valid reasons for why a battle should go a certain way, rather than just give a vote, might be a good requirement as well.

^Yes please.

Also i think that, even though i'm sure it's been made already, we should only make battles where one opponent is not superior in every way than to their opponents. Simply put, make battles where it's not completely one-sided.

Then again, i'm pretty sure this rule might have been made by then.

Some possible ideas involving match details:

-A Location must be added (even something as simple as an open field)

-The method of victory specified (KO, Death, BFR, etc,)

-Required reasoning for a victory (Like Ant just said)

-Whether a character has prep time or knowledge on another character

-Whether or not the character is bloodlusted, or in-character

-Note any restrictions placed on a character, or which version that character is

Some possible details involving matche making in general:

-No Spite/stomp threads (Courtesy of DontTalk)

-No dupe threads (or at least try not to)

That's what I've thought of at the moment. Any additions/detractions?

Well, I don't mind most of these suggestion, but am uncertain if a location is necessary?

Well, the location could always be optional. It could, however, be crucial in fights with certain characters, like for example if you put a devil fruit user against someone and the fight takes place near the ocean, it could heavily influence the outcome of match.

@Sheoth

That all sounds pretty good, although I don't know if it's always necessary to state if a character doesn't have knowledge of their opponent, as I think it's generally assumed they don't. However, it's definitely a good idea to mention if they do get knowledge/intel on their opponent.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Sheoth
That all sounds pretty good, although I don't know if it's always necessary to state if a character doesn't have knowledge of their opponent, as I think it's generally assumed they don't. However, it's definitely a good idea to mention if they do get knowledge/intel on their opponent.
Well, yeah. That's basically what I meant to say.

Sheoth said:
Well, the location could always be optional. It could be crucial in fights with certain characters, like for example if you put a devil fruit user against someone and the fight takes place near the ocean, it could heavily influence the outcome of match.
Plus, location allows you to get a better idea of the match and allows for some creativity.

Super Saiyan Taco Supreme Goku vs SuperBatThorman

Win via Death, KO, BFR, or tolerating being in an Outback Steakhouse the longest

@Azathoth: Indeed. I've seen battle threads online elsewhere where people have stated on weather the opponents have knowledge on one another. Plus i do like the location idea. it makes it better for me to envision the fight more clearly.

So we can agree on:

No Spite/Stomp Threads

Explaining valid reasons for why a battle should go a certain way

So we might as well write them down right now, but where would you put them?

The Forum policies page makes sense, but I think few people read it.

So the main page as usual I guess?

In that case should it go under Discussion Rules, Important Wiki Rules or a new header?

@Sheoth:

The term dupe threads does not tell me anything. What does it mean?

About match details. I do not think it should be a strict rule to include them, but we can suggest to do so in the rules.

If they are not included the standard assumptions/standard scenario should be assumed for everything not specified, in my opinion. So maybe we should write such a page right now? In that case I would write something and make a thread in the general discussions board in order to discuss that (and many non-staff members seem to want to give to their opinion to the discussion anyways, it seems)

We can place these regulations after the discussion rules section in the main page.

So in a new section?

And do I have to look out for something (except good spelling, grammar and otherwise carefulness) when editing the main page (I am asking mainly because of the mobile main page thingy)?

I don't think so. Just follow the usual format when writing the regulations list.

For me this is fine. If somebody else in the staff wants to add more rules, they can mention it here first.

Back