• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator

Acausality​

Years ago The M had type 5 acausality, but it was removed due to it basically hinging on this statement here

"The Black King..."

The light responds and announces a voice.
Softly, with a flicker of great interest. The light speaks, signaling its intentions, emitting a voice of mystery that is not properly a voice. Much like the light the lost sky once brought, something very different speaks.
Like a swaying illusion.
Like a crawling fantasy.

"What kind of person are they?"

"They are not human.
The '''Society''' has concluded that they are a highly conceptual entity."

"A concept?"

"Yes. That of Jet Black."

"Then it is only a metaphysical entity.
They are an illusion, something that should not have a physical effect on mankind and the world."

"Not really."

"?"

"That which is beyond comprehension.
That which is beyond human understanding.
If you call it an illusion, for example, then sure, that would be it."

The man shrugged his shoulders.
The gesture was much like the gestures of Engine factory workers swearing at the still engine smoke, but the soft light didn't even notice it.

"It's capable of making an influence. It's different.
Rather, it's something else.
On the contrary, everything could be a part of that reason and law. For example, in the distant past, beyond time, space, and causality, his "Jet Black" devoured several infinitely stacked, multilayered universes that multiply indefinitely. Or even that..."

"?"

"You won't be able to understand it.
It's impossible for you."-Steampunk Series Fullvoice Reborn: Sharnoth of the Jet Black

M's Jet Black is stated here to be beyond causality, in a vacuum it doesn't lead to anything. My blog on M's nature I feel gives more context. M is beyond eternity

"This is a story of feelings from the distant Abyss.
These are the traces of the eyes that sought tomorrow.
At times, even when faced with the Jet Black that eats up all of the sky, it does not falter. It does not stop walking.
I will teach you the name of the dreadful Jet Black."

"The name of Jet Black. This is..."

"...beyond eternity and infinity. A world without light. Its name is Sharnoth of the Jet Black."-Steampunk Series Fullvoice Reborn: Sharnoth of the Jet Black

Though again in a vacuum probably doesn't lead to type 5 acausality. There is a interesting statement about darkness being an eternal infinity in this next quote below, but that isn't what I am focusing on, it's the statement about M being a transcendent being of the outer universe

Did you go to the moon?

How could such a thing be possible?

It was impossible.

It has been a long time since we have been denied the ethereal oceans of fantastical fiction that floated in faraway galaxies, but what we have instead learned about outer space is the cold, stern fact that it is nothing but an infinite darkness of death. People may be able to fly through the dark clouds with an engine airship, but even if they are able to penetrate the eternal gray clouds that have been darkened since the last century by the developed Steam Engine civilization, they will not be able to go out into space.

The world of the stars is the darkness of infinite death, or as some occultists I know would describe it, the black garden of death, stagnation, an eternal infinity filled with dark matter that constitutes the fearsome Black King, the transcendent being of the outer universe.-Ulthar Thoughts (Mushoku no Ulthar - END of the Shining World)

Well that is he transcendent of? The very first quote I gave talked about M being beyond time, space, and causality. The next quote here is also interesting, as it talks about M's nature as being what is not within, what is outside, and again we know exactly what outside means here, time, space and causality

It was about Him, who sat in that world of darkness called M, who was once called James Moriarty. It was little by little. It was probably me who started the topic.

"He's not as bad you say he is."

"I doubt that."

"I mean, I once heard he was called the King of Crime or of that sort. But I'm sure that's referring to the organization He was apart of..."

"Are you referring to them as an individual?"

"Yes..."

"I see. But you are aware that there are many contradictions in your words, Mary Clarissa."

"...Yes."

"I'd say He is more like a phenomena."

At that time, Mister Holmes was looking up to the sky.

He was looking towards to the sky that will never clear up.

Looking to the sky that has turned into a perpetual darkness that obscured the countless stars there from the previous century, attempting to grasp with his gaze a radiance that isn't visible.

As if he was staring at the end.

"Think of them as the stars, atmosphere, the very darkness of space itself that drifts in the universe. That which is not within. That which is outside. Perhaps that is Him. They are neither Good nor Evil. At least, there's probably a will to them that we cannot perceive or something that is even remotely involved in our activities."-The Ashen Funeral of Nath-Hortath, or Sharnoth of the Jet Black...

Talking about the outside itself, which is Sharnoth, this is an infinite, eternal world of black (Shikkoku no Sharnoth, Chapter 10), which is verbatim stated to be eternally unchanging (Shikkoku no Sharnoth, Chapter 10)

M himself is stated to be unchanging, with time, and anything humans value holding no meaning to him (Shikkoku no Sharnoth, Chapter 10)

If accepted, of course this scales to Edison.

Void Manipulation/Regeneration​

Made a compilation of the void shenanigans going on in Sona-Nyl. To put it all in context Underground Residents like Lily don't even exist, they don't even have the information fundamental to all things in existence, yet Edison as seen in my compilation erases her from existence, Lily uses Cracking to come back, Edison is amused but thinks it's meaningless, and even threatens to erase her again.

So here are some conclusions

• Edison should have Regeneration Negation (High-Godly) for being able to erase Lily.
  • Edison should have Regeneration (High-Godly), this is partly for 2 reasons, 1 that Lily used Cracking to come back after being erased, and that is literally Edison's power itself. And there is also the fact Underground Resident's regen of being able to come back from being totally destroyed by Messengers metaphysical/conceptual destruction, in the Refrain version of Sona-Nyl is due to Edison's Clock, there is no way this wouldn't scale to him.
Adding on to this, here is another compilation of scans, essentially Lily uses the Golden Gun shooting Edison, who then disappears, probably due to the fact the Gun uses the power of the void itself, he then later reappears in Hypnos Bar, now with half his face made of metal. This is 100% how Underground Resident's regen work too, where they regenerate, coming back with parts of them now being metal, this is no coincidence, Edison clearly has the same sort of regen.

Of course Edison is stated to be a god of gears and metal, but when he Lily met him, the metal wasn't visible it's only after he got hurt that that's the case.

Last edited:
Back