• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What level of regen is regenerating just your soul?

If somebody's soul is destroyed, but NOT their body, and they're stated to regenerate it, what level of regeneration is that? Does it even qualify as regen?

soul regeneration is mid godly. low godly is regening from complete physical obliteration.

while the body is intact, he/she is still regenerating their destroyed soul, so definitely mid-godly. tho extra context might make it slightly different.

Ah, okay. I was planning on going with limited mid-godly, but I guess regular mid-godly works too. I guess adding a note in the regen description saying it only applies to the soul would be enough.

i think the current description is just fine. but yeah, adding more to it will never hurt anyone

Well from the page
Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of body, mind, and soul.

From what I know of, its only Low-Godly. Mid-Godly would be like coming back from a sphere of annihilation which wipes out anything it touches from existence. Mind, body and soul included.

Well no, because that'd be them regenerating their physical body from their soul, while what I'm talking about is the inverse (regenerating the soul from their physical body).

Which is still likely Low Godly. As Mid-Godly requires complete erasure, which didn't happen here.
I guess? It feels weird to me that the regeneration page doesn't have much in regards to regenerating non-physical aspects of the self when the rest of the body is untouched.

What's the context here? That would simplify it
If somebody's soul is destroyed, but NOT their body, and they're stated to regenerate it, what level of regeneration is that?
Mid-Godly is quite clear
Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of body, mind, and soul.
Regenerating just the soul would either be Low-Godly or some other ability.

What's the context here? That would simplify it
I'm still gathering the context, this is just something I wanted to check before jumping to conclusions.

But to give a short summary, everybody in 2hu uses 'spirit' as their primary energy source, with said spirit in fact being their soul. Everybody is capable of absorbing or even completely removing said spirit through repeated attacks, and everybody is able to recover their spirit in a short amount of time.

This would obviously be a massive upgrade for the verse so I just wanted to double check my own thoughts here before actually making a CRT on it.

That sounds more like a form of energy manipulation more so than anything. Like Dragon Ball.

I mean, it's quite literally their souls. They use it as an energy source, yes, but that doesn't mean it's some abstract energy source that doesn't correlate to any other wiki abilities.

EDIT: Actually I kinda feel like this is pushing my topic ban a little too far so I'd like to cut this discussion off here if you don't mind :v

Passive soulhax that recreate your soul if it's destroyed? Like I can kinda see that, but that'd be like giving matter manipulation to a guy who can regenerate from atoms instead of high regen.

Can we see some scans? Your description isn't really supporting any form of Regen tbh

Well, whenever you have it

guys pls i already said this is pushing my topic ban i cant answer you :v

i'll just cross that bridge when i actually post the crt i guess :v

Back