• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Bloodlust a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything12

The Heavenly Fount
VS Battles
Administrator
Thread title pretty much says it all, but basically I just don't understand why the Bloodlusted condition is needed. I understand why Speed Equalization exists, so that the pool of avaliable matches is not further narrowed by the wide variety of speeds beyond how narrow it already is with all the Tiers and Hax. The Standard Battle Assumptions clause of opponent's being slightly out of character in how they focus on defeating their opponent is obviously so the matches are a thing and so the debaters don't have to focus on too many variables.

Meanwhile Bloodlust seems to serve no purpose other to just complete ignore a character's personality and turn them into a fighting machine, seemingly so the users of this Wiki don't have to actual debate and can just go "this character has this Hax or these statistics, they win" or even worse, they are blood-lusted because the thread Creator is biased and wants to alter the match in their preferred side's favour.

Blood-lusting seems to only exist to go against the Wiki's mission statement of given accurate information about a character's combat abilities and just complete cuts out debating in debates.

So I ask, why does it exist? What point does it serve? Or is it simple an antiqued system of a older less ordered time and hasn't been removed because no one cared enough about it to do so?

I feel like bloodlust matchups are okay to do, but they shouldn't be added characters' profiles.

If the character in a bloodlust state is willing to use abilities they normally wouldn't use in character or in general, then I feel like the matchup shouldn't be added. It goes against what the character normally does.

So not really adding anything to this topic, but only your personal feelings without giving any reasons to back up these opinions. That is indeed one of the routes I saw your post taking.

Now that I think about it, my previous post was just an unnecessary observation on my part that did not serve to convince other parties of any point and just gave out an opinion they either did or did not already have with no reason to convince them of anything. Apologies for the unnecessary post.

Also me giving you permission to post was only to give your initial opinion, do not clog up the thread with unnecessary comments.

I think it's just a thing people came up to use pissed off versions of characters, they just go all out and hold nothing back, I'm sure it's way older than the wiki and people just went with it. Although I usually see it as "very angry and not holding back", while I've seen it being used here as "extremely tactical and using all their abilities in the most efficient way possible", which I did find weird back then.

I feel like it is a viable scenario to make.
I mean, as I say frequently, the SBA are mostly there to fill in gaps in otherwise undefined scenarios. In principle one should be able to make just about any fighting scenario (that isn't spite or stomp) and fights that are notable can be added to profiles (mentioning the relevant modifiers).
And characters getting bloodlusted at some point in their story happens frequently enough. It can be fun to debate that at times, rather than their default state.

The page itself is of course a relic of old times. But it has and fulfils a purpose (explaining the term) and isn't harmful, so.... meh.

I think it should be noted that Bloodlusted and Victorylusted are two widely different things.

I feel like it is a viable scenario to make.
I mean, as I say frequently, the SBA are mostly there to fill in gaps in otherwise undefined scenarios. In principle one should be able to make just about any fighting scenario (that isn't spite or stomp) and fights that are notable can be added to profiles (mentioning the relevant modifiers).
And characters getting bloodlusted at some point in their story happens frequently enough. It can be fun to debate that at times, rather than their default state.

The page itself is of course a relic of old times. But it has and fulfils a purpose (explaining the term) and isn't harmful, so.... meh.
DontTalk makes sense to me as usual.

So I ask, why does it exist?
Its a carry over from when the site was first made probably. The thing exists solely for what you mentioned earlier
can just go "this character has this Hax or these statistics, they win"
Since almost every character profiled isn't some hyper competent battle genius that instakills their opponent.

Though I should note for our page
It should be noted that there are differences between natural bloodlust (the kind that exists within fictional continuities) and induced bloodlust (the kind used in a vs. thread). Induced bloodlust means the character is free from Plot-Induced Stupidity, whereas naturally bloodlusted characters are still vulnerable to this, and are often hampered by it even more than level-headed characters. For example, they may simply attack recklessly, without planning or thinking, or using their powers creatively.
PIS should be replaced with CIS. Since there's no overarching plot in a vsmatch. CW Flash having the mental capacity of a gerbil is CIS rather than PIS for example.

Though I should note for our page

PIS should be replaced with CIS. Since there's no overarching plot in a vsmatch. CW Flash having the mental capacity of a gerbil is CIS rather than PIS for example.
For me this change seems uncontroversial to apply.

I am fine with DontTalkDt's and Qawsed234's points. I think the proposed suggestions by Qawsed234 works.

Is somebody willing to apply Qawsedf's suggested revision?

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back