• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writing Discussion Thread

Ah, I assume it helps you solidify the vibes you want? Or is it to find the meanings behind certain names and match them with the characters?
Mostly find fitting names for the chars that also have a good ring to them. I know I mentioned I look around in mythology, folklore and stuff, but that can be pretty hit or miss and very time consuming. This really speeds up the process. And this is also a neat bonus, many times I did find a name with a meaning that fit the character, but didn't like how it sounded or vice-versa, found a nice sounding name but the meaning didn't fit the character at all.

Does help the Behind the name page allows you to search real names by themes, location, types and many other categories, which is what I am using the most.

Last edited:
Alright so...

I'm gonna assume this is just an outline? Since it felt kinda odd with how many characters started randomly appearing at the last and middle parts. Like, I'm surprised Raider had any friends, let alone ones that would sacrifice their lives for him or a family he cares about. Hell, I was even more surprised that he was old enough to have a grandchild.

Also I assume the dragonoid is somewhat human-sized? Since I'm not sure how it'd be able to stab someone.

Now another thing I have an issue with is his character development. Honestly I didn't really understand how he learned his lesson from having everyone around him killed. It's not like he wasn't doing his job or deliberately sacrificed the people around him, unironically he just wasn't strong enough. At least his actions are somewhat consistent, training to get stronger, being less egoistic, and actually aiming to help people.

Lastly regarding the potential. I'm gonna assume he's gonna be some sort of mentor figure? I mean, he's pretty damn old and is training a trio of 2 boys and 1 girl. Is this gonna be the main focus or just something revealed every once in a while throughout the story?

Either way, seems cool
I redid everything in Raiders story

If you can reread it and tell me how it is, that would be appreciated

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RE-NZUci6FkiwLp-XutQNdBqbg9xizDDz3UrL77TvZ4/edit?usp=sharing

Back