• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach calc decision

Instead of writing to every single staff member individually for input I will simply misuse the board for a bit (I hope nobody minds).

So there was this discussion about an update to the yhwach elevates the Vandenreich calc.

The link goes to the beginning of the comment chain, where most importantly Illuminati478 and me where disussing wether the high end of the calc should be taken or the mid end.

What you should read on this is mostly the third modification of the calc (they are seperated on the page through dotted lines) and Illuminati478 and my comments in the linked comment chain.

Given that the only two active members of the calc group have different opinions on that I will simply want to ask for imput from the staff, so that we can reach a decision (if necesarry through majority of votes). Thank you for your time.

Well I guess I'll be the first to give some input here.

Personally I find the high end of the calc more believable as I doubt Yukio would move his box that slowly. They are supposed to be in a war right.

I'm split on this. I will wait and see the other opinions first.

I support the low end for the next reasons:

1. 2.7 minutes is a small timeframe considering the conversation that was talking place inside the box

2. There is nothing that suggest yukio's box is comperable to a high speed train, it's shape is wrong and it's movement wasn't portrayed to be that fast.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Oh boy. I wonder how's everybody's going to react if we use the high end calc for Yhwach here.
Knowing the usual HST reactions we will have to deal with High end demands on every calc regarding one of the verses *sigh* Really as a staff member one can not enjoy the series as much as they deserve...

Well but that shouldn´t influence our decision. It is about getting the right result, not the comfortable one.

DontTalk said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Oh boy. I wonder how's everybody's going to react if we use the high end calc for Yhwach here.
Knowing the usual HST reactions we will have to deal with High end demands on every calc regarding one of the verses *sigh* Really as a staff member one can not enjoy the series as much as they deserve...

Well but that shouldn´t influence our decision. It is about getting the right result, not the comfortable one.
You do have a point about that, DontTalk.

Well, personally I found DontTalk's assumption of the upper speed of an inner city train to be more reasonable, but my judgement is off nowadays. Alternately we could use his other suggestion and use "At least" for the low end, and "Possibly" for the high end.

Antvasima said:
Well, personally I found DontTalk's assumption of the upper speed of an inner city train to be more reasonable, but my judgement is off nowadays. Alternately we could use his other suggestion and use "At least" for the low end, and "Possibly" for the high end.
Agreed with this.

Talking is a free action in fiction, they could have recited all the encyclopedia articles from A to Z and it still wouldn't have had any bearing on the time frame

Whats important here is the following, is it reasonoable to believe that the train-like box wouldn't drive at the fastest possible speed of trains in the real world when we know that the supernatural character that controlls it wants it to be as quick as possible? Also, bear in mind that there is no indication to the specific type of train yukio's box is equivalent to, as it is on resembles them in the way it drives. As such, its a reasonable assumption to have the maximum speed of real life trains regardless of type...

Do we know anything about the trains and technology used in Soul Society?

Technology in soul society is more advanced than ours but the train was a product of fullbring and not soul society engineering.

Kisuke recruited yukio and riruka to make the box with their powers so they could sneak into the soul king palace.

You can read the details here

Yukio wouldn't push himself to go at max speed ,he is the type of person that is bored and usually uses a portion of his power ,and the war doesn't conser him so he has no reason to hurry that much.

There is also the possibility that yukio can't go that fast, fullbringers were relatively weak and yukio doesn't have ichigo's fullbring power any more to enhance his abilities.

Okay. I have received some new informatio, and it seems reasonable to assume that the cart was of at least high speed train level. However, I am not the best person to ask.

It seems to me as if the majority would support the high end. In that case feel free to implement it now.

Back