• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrading Mario/Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dino Ranger Black said:
LordXcano said:
I got my initial claim that Rosalina shielded him from the game itself DRB. Just as the Lumas are flying into the black hole thing Rosalina warps him into some weird hyperspace garbage.
She did shield Mario but it's not on screen, though. And the Seal of Quality is Nintendo checking and liscesning the product before publishing it which means it does belong to them and approved, hence the title "Official" guidebook. Regardless, we both agreed and confirmed Rosalina protected Mario and Peach from that event, I really don't know why SS is insisting otherwise.
Of course I know Rosalina shielded, Mario/Luigi, and Peach, but from the Blast/Explosion nothing else but that

TBH Ant, I doubt me and DRB are going to actually reach a conclusion on whether or not the galaxies are full-sized or not. It makes sense to me that they aren't, it makes sense to him that they are. I'd leave this up to the administrative team.

Well, personally I am leaning towards your interpretation, but this is by no means a clear-cut issue, and I am uncertain. It is hard to make a decision regarding the matter, especially as I am tired, distracted, and unfocused, so my judgement is pretty bad nowadays.

I will wait to see what the rest of the staff think.

She did shield Mario but it's not on screen, though. And the Seal of Quality is Nintendo checking and liscesning the product before publishing it which means it does belong to them and approved, hence the title "Official" guidebook. Regardless, we both agreed and confirmed Rosalina protected Mario and Peach from that event, I really don't know why SS is insisting otherwise.

So where are we (not saying me) gonna end this at? Sure mario and peach were protected in at the blast but when it started peach was nowhere to be found so she must have been dead but for mario he was right in the center of the big bang black hole whatever you call it so he survived the effects of the black hole until the universe was destroyed then was brought by rosalina with a speech and then recreated the Universe

"mario he was right in the center of the big bang black hole whatever you call it so he survived the effects of the black hole until the universe was destroyed then was brought by rosalina with a speech and then recreated the Universe"

In the cutscene he's outside of the black hole, everything is being sucked in, his Luma waves at him and flies in, there's a flash of white, and then he's with Rosalina. He never actually touches the black hole.

LordXcano said:
"mario he was right in the center of the big bang black hole whatever you call it so he survived the effects of the black hole until the universe was destroyed then was brought by rosalina with a speech and then recreated the Universe"

In the cutscene he's outside of the black hole, everything is being sucked in, his Luma waves at him and flies in, there's a flash of white, and then he's with Rosalina. He never actually touches the black hole.
Logically he was really close to the black hole have singularity with no light can escape. And when the lumas left he was still there

Yeah, but logically black holes shouldn't exist around planets either. The event horizon is really really close to the black hole in Mario, and since he can't fly I assumed he was being held there through Luma/Rosalina magic.

LordXcano said:
Yeah, but logically black holes shouldn't exist around planets either. The event horizon is really really close to the black hole in Mario, and since he can't fly I assumed he was being held there through Luma/Rosalina magic.
Thats not magic thats cosmic powers and the reason he was standing there because he was in Space. Theres no gravity in space so all mario could do is watch the sad sacrifice of the lumas before rosalina saved the universe

As Ant said earlier, this issue is definitely not clear cut, so I'm unsure of exactly where I stand on this. That said, I'm probably leaning more towards the galaxies being relatively small. Far larger than planet size obviously, but not like...100 billion solar system regular galaxy sized.

I'm actually uncertain of this here like what Ant and Azathoth said. The Galaxis could be very small, like about the size of what Azzy put it to as.

CrossverseCrisis said:
I'm actually uncertain of this here like what Ant and Azathoth said. The Galaxis could be very small, like about the size of what Azzy put it to as.
How small are you referring them to because a few are a exact portion of a galaxy sizs and some like around the solar system.

Most of the galaxies in Super Mario Galaxy are notably much smaller than real galaxies, often being composed of nothing more than a few small planetoids, most of which come in many different shapes and sizes. In World 4 however, a galaxy proportionate to a real galaxy appears in the background, while in World 5, there is a galaxy supercluster. Smaller galaxies in the games are more comparable to systems such as the Solar System.

Perhaps this settle the issue people have with the levels in the SMG games: Battle Belt Galaxy. If you look in the background, specifically at 3:14 you you see an actual galaxy. Thus comfirming they are galaxies and not just called such. I don't know why people are still confused about the matter. Honestly, just because we explored a limited amount of space in a location the player is supposed to explore, doesn't mean it's the proportional size. It's like calling the galaxy Sonic resides a small one or not a galaxy at all just because of the Sonic Adventure 2 level Mad Space.

All right, so to summarise, what are the remaining other issues except for the supposed size of the galaxies?

Antvasima said:
All right, so to summarise, what are the remaining other issues except for the supposed size of the galaxies?

The entire argument about Bowser was based on whether or not he could consume real sized or small sized galaxies, which would help quantify his Tier. Other than that, I don't think there was anything else.

LordXcano said:
Antvasima said:
The entire argument about Bowser was based on whether or not he could consume real sized or small sized galaxies, which would help quantify his Tier. Other than that, I don't think there was anything else.
I already covered that with the feats the Grand Star displayed in the two games and the climax before and during the final boss. The real issue is the difficult of quantifying black holes in fictional worlds....

I already covered that with the feats the Grand Star displayed in the two games and the climax before and during the final boss. The real issue is the difficult of quantifying black holes in fictional worlds....

http://www.mariowiki.com/Black_hole

Would this help for the black holes

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Black_hole

Would this help for the black holes

Nah, black holes are usually treated very carefully because IRL it'd take infinite durability to survive but that clearly isn't the case here. All that really says is "you get sucked in and die".

Galaxy level pre-ROF Frieza confirmed.

No, really. Having a galaxy-wide empire doesn't make you Galaxy level, unless you want to argue that Julius Caesar is Country level and Genghis Khan is Small Continent level.

Unclechairman said:
Galaxy level pre-ROF Frieza confirmed.

No, really. Having a galaxy-wide empire doesn't make you Galaxy level, unless you want to argue that Julius Caesar is Country level and Genghis Khan is Small Continent level.
It kinda does if someone can create galaxies they can destroy them. It doesnt make sense what you said

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
It kinda does if someone can create galaxies they can destroy them. It doesnt make sense what you said
Having an empire spanning something is not the same as creating said thing your empire resides on.

Julius Caesar created an empire spanning a country. Does this mean Julius Caesar is a country buster?

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
In SMG2 Bowser created an entire "galaxy empire"
1429655-bigbowser
Wouldn't that be evidence against a full-size galaxy since all the levels you play in are (presumably) conquered by him? (hence the enemies)

Or what about Genghis Khan then? That guy not only had an empire that spanned all of Asia(if not most of them), but he even took over the Eastern part of Europe too(at least to my knowledge about him). Does that mean he's Conitnent level+ Buster there?

CrossverseCrisis said:
Or what about Genghis Khan then? That guy not only had an empire that spanned all of Asia(if not most of them), but he even took over the Eastern part of Europe too(at least to my knowledge about him). Does that mean he's Conitnent level+ Buster there?
Genghis Khan curbstomps One Piece.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Genghis Khan curbstomps One Piece.
Indeed lol.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Having an empire spanning something is not the same as creating said thing your empire resides on.ot
Julius Caesar created an empire spanning a country. Does this mean Julius Caesar is a country buster?
Nasuverse logic, Azathoth. Nasuverse logic. XP

At any rate, can we take a poll or something, figure out where everyone currently stands on this?

ThePerpetual said:
NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Having an empire spanning something is not the same as creating said thing your empire resides on.ot
Nasuverse logic, Azathoth. Nasuverse logic. XP
At any rate, can we take a poll or something, figure out where everyone currently stands on this?
We should. Like we should base on who agrees on galaxies being real sized ones or small sized.

Julius Caesar created an empire spanning a country.
I was actually referring to his subduing the Gauls, who controlled what is now known as France. The Roman Empire itself spanned a small continent, but was formed by centuries of gradual conquest and tribute under many rulers rather than a single one.

Unclechairman said:
I was actually referring to his subduing the Gauls, who controlled what is now known as France. The Roman Empire itself spanned a small continent, but was formed by centuries of gradual conquest and tribute under many rulers rather than a single one.
I was under the assumption the Roman Empire constituted Large Country+ as opposed to Small Continent. Though that's probably me thinking of things in vs terms as opposed to real world terms lol.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Thats not the same thing sure he a good builder but bowser created a entire galaxy withe the power of the grand star. That argument is invalid

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Thats not the same thing sure he a good builder but bowser created a entire galaxy withe the power of the grand star. That argument is invalid
Or he conquered one, since his goal was to make his own galaxy but he failed

Or he conquered one, since his goal was to make his own galaxy but he failed

Oh he made the galaxy its just didnt finish the final touches like thehis castle, the princess, etc

Unclechairman said:
I was under the assumption the Roman Empire constituted Large Country+ as opposed to Small Continent. Though that's probably me thinking of things in vs terms as opposed to real world terms lol.
The empire didn't control all of Europe, but it controlled most of it, as well as controlling most of Asia Minor and North Africa. I think the areas outside of Europe it controlled make up for the areas in Europe it didn't control, so I assumed it controlled an area roughly the size of Europe, which is a small continent.

Unclechairman said:
The empire didn't control all of Europe, but it controlled most of it, as well as controlling most of Asia Minor and North Africa. I think the areas outside of Europe it controlled make up for the areas in Europe it didn't control, so I assumed it controlled an area roughly the size of Europe, which is a small continent.
Sounds about right, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back