• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

100% Mob's Lift Strength and Range Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Lift Strength:

I noticed that we use the Broccoli feat to scale ???%'s Lifting Strength and the ball of buildings feat to scale 100% Mob's. The reasoning for this is that the former scales far above the Broccoli God, who performed the feat in question. 100% Mob's feat is pretty self-explanatory. The problem with this is that it should be 100% that scales to the Broccoli not ???%. The setting already establishes that telekinetic might is directly proportional to raw power. This scaling implies that Lord Psycho Helmet is more powerful than both Mob and Toichiro which definitely isn't the case. Psycho Helmet was a result of a part of their energies channeled to grow the broccoli. Not only that but most of it went into growing the broccoli in the first place.

There is no real way that he would somehow be weaker than an entity made by a part of his and a comparable character's power especially when most of that energy was already used to make it which would leave him using way less power to perform the feat in question. I propose that the top-tiers scale to the feat and have their LS adjusted accordingly to Class G.

Range:

A bit more straight-forward than the above but in the beginning of his battle with Toichiro during the World Domination Arc, Mob Goes 100% Anger when Serizawa and Reigen are threatened by the former. Upon this happening, he covers the entire horizon with clouds. We already know both of them can create clouds and the sky was clear moments prior so we can definitely say it was Mob who was behind it. Much like above, this affects the top-tiers and bumps their effective range to 'Tens of Kilometers' outright.

This is the feat in the anime:

Clear Sky MP100
The sky before 100%

Cloudy Sky MP100
The sky after

This the feat in the manga:

Before 100%
Sky Before 100%

After 100%
Sky after 100%

Characters affected by both changes include and are limited to; 100% Mob, 100% Ritsu, Suzuki Toichiro and Keiji Mogami. What do you guys think?

Tetsucabrah said:
Can you use bigger images?
Gimme a sec

Edit: The larger ones don't seem to load properly so you'll have to bear with me for a bit.

Well we don't see Mob go to ???% mode during that whole thing so yeah there's no reason to scale it to that alone. Scaling it to 100% makes sense in that regard.

Nico-v11 said:
Well we don't see Mob go to ???% mode during that whole thing so yeah there's no reason to scale it to that alone. Scaling it to 100% makes sense in that regard.
100% Mob would likely just get Class G with an At least modifier being given to ???%. The former and those comparable scale above the feat but not too much.

Planck69 said:
Lift Strength:
There is no real way that he would somehow be weaker than an entity made by a part of his and a comparable character's power especially when most of that energy was already used to make it which would leave him using way less power to perform the feat in question.
This is incorrect.

100% Mob is absolutely weaker than 100% Toichiro, there's no doubt about that. 100% Toichrio just tapping into his full power shunted off a bloodlusted 100% Mob, using emotions that gave him the biggest boost thusfar in the series without going into ???%.

And 100% Mob transfered the energy of 100% Toichiro's power into the broccoli. He's channeling the energy into something else, not tanking or taking it in for himself.

So it's fair to say that Mob is well weaker than an entity made from a power that completely overwhelmed him in battle, made from power he couldn't just absorb into himself or 'tank' and had to channel it into something else. ???% Mob is the only person who can meaningfully scale to that feat.

Dargoo Faust said:
This is incorrect.

100% Mob is absolutely weaker than 100% Toichiro, there's no doubt about that. 100% Toichrio just tapping into his full power shunted off a bloodlusted 100% Mob, using emotions that gave him the biggest boost thusfar in the series without going into ???%.

And 100% Mob transfered the energy of 100% Toichiro's power into the broccoli. He's channeling the energy into something else, not tanking or taking it in for himself.

So it's fair to say that Mob is well weaker than an entity made from a power that completely overwhelmed him in battle, made from power he couldn't just absorb into himself or 'tank' and had to channel it into something else. ???% Mob is the only person who can meaningfully scale to that feat.
But wouldn't that give Suzuki Class G Lift Strength seeing as that it was mostly his energy used in the feat itself? While I'm well aware that Toichiro was far more powerful than 100% Mob, the latter could at the very least back-scale since I doubt there's a 5x difference in power between them (which is what would be necessary for Mob to remain Class M). But I'm not so sure.

Planck69 said:
While I'm well aware that Toichiro was far more powerful than 100% Mob, the latter could at the very least back-scale since I doubt there's a 5x difference in power between them (which is what would be necessary for Mob to remain Class M). But I'm not so sure.
I mean, 5 times of a power difference is pretty reasonable for being powerful enough to cause someone's arm to break on impact with you.

I guess it could apply to 100% Toichiro?

Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, 5 times of a power difference is pretty reasonable for being powerful enough to cause someone's arm to break on impact with you.

A part of me feels like it was less than that. He was keeping up with his 80% pretty well and unless the percentages aren't proportional to each other (which would screw up with his scaling a bit) then he couldn't have become over 5 times more powerful going from 80% to 100%. And even then, 1/5th of the feat is still Class G. Nevermind he fact that 100% Mob doesn't seem to be using any notable effort in his own Class M feat, which is four-fifths of the way to Class G.

It could work but that would require Toichiro going from being somewhat on-par with Mob to being able to one-shot him. All from going from 80% to 100% of his strength. We could keep discussing it if you want but I'd like to know what you think of the range changes.

Dargoo Faust said:
Planck69 said:
While I'm well aware that Toichiro was far more powerful than 100% Mob, the latter could at the very least back-scale since I doubt there's a 5x difference in power between them (which is what would be necessary for Mob to remain Class M). But I'm not so sure.

I have repeatedly asked you to check your calc here https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:NikHelton/Mob_Psycho_anime_feat

There are several calculations, including lifting strength. Could you still do it?

I also think that Dargoo seems to make sense. Thank you for helping out.

NikHelton said:
I have repeatedly asked you to check your calc here https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:NikHelton/Mob_Psycho_anime_feat

There are several calculations, including lifting strength. Could you still do it?
Apologies for not responding sooner, first.

I have a number of issues with the calc itself which I'll post after the holidays, if that's alright with you. It mostly has to do with some of the measurements and calc methods used.

To get out the big one though, I think we've been a bit too lenient with using anime feats here - I mostly tried to use them in cases where scaling and size were unclear and hard to grasp and never meant to construe the anime as equal canon to the manga, which would be against our Cano rules (which, if that means I have to drop my previous anime calcs, is fine).

Is the range feat still applicable? I'm fairly confident that it does but I'd like your input.

Planck69 said:
Is the range feat still applicable? I'm fairly confident that it does but I'd like your input.
Do you have better shots from the manga? Like, the cloud he makes in the manga is monumentally smaller than the one he makes in the anime, and iirc we don't get above-cloud shots in the manga either.

Dargoo Faust said:
Do you have better shots from the manga? Like, the cloud he makes in the manga is monumentally smaller than the one he makes in the anime, and iirc we don't get above-cloud shots in the manga either.
Unfortunately, ONE's artstyle makes that somewhat difficult. I went through the chapters again just to be sure and Mob indeed covers a stretch of the sky with clouds upon exploding (though far less dense than the ones in the anime). Granted it's really hard to find clear shots but if you look at the page after the clouds form, you can see the sky is covered to a certain distance from the tower.

There were a few shots of the clouds (At least that's I assume the darker shading to be) stretching across a good chunk of the sky. None I could find would be too good for exact measurement if the above isn't enough. A few I could find were:

Cloudy Backdrop MP100

Backdrop Clouds

Yeah, not very good. I could compromise at "kilometers" if the panels aren't good enough to tell that the sky is mostly covered (it seems implied but I might be juming to conclusions).

A few kilometers of range sounds alright to me, although it should be noted that Mob can only really mess with clouds/weather at that range as opposed to anything notable for combat.

Dargoo Faust said:
A few kilometers of range sounds alright to me, although it should be noted that Mob can only really mess with clouds/weather at that range as opposed to anything notable for combat.
Really? It wouldn't that much of a stretch to assume that he can use his powers effectively at that range since he doesn't seem to be troubled at a kilometers distance. But I'll leave that to your judgement.

Planck69 said:
Really? It wouldn't that much of a stretch to assume that he can use his powers effectively at that range since he doesn't seem to be troubled at a kilometers distance. But I'll leave that to your judgement.
If there was any instances of him using powers other than cloud formation/weather manip at that range outside of ???%, I'd be inclined to agree, but it's literally just that.

Dargoo Faust said:
If there was any instances of him using powers other than cloud formation/weather manip at that range outside of ???%, I'd be inclined to agree, but it's literally just that.
Fair point. Man, there goes twenty minutes of my life spent on revisions that meant Jack.

Dargoo Faust said:
Planck69 said:
What about the Chapter where he brought Bigfoot from the Himalayas?
Of course it was drawn by another author, but is it not accepted as canonical?

NikHelton said:
.What about the Chapter where he brought Bigfoot from the Himalayas?
Of course it was drawn by another author, but is it not accepted as canonical?
Doubtful. I don't remember much but are you talking about after the Broccoli Arc or one of the anthologies? If it's the latter then definitely not. If it's the former then some evidence would be needed as to whether it was meaant to be part of the story. Though it may or may not be an outlier if it was performed by Base Mob anyway.

NikHelton said:
Yes, it's from the anthology.
But why absolutely not?
If it wasn't written by ONE or if the work wasn't acknowledged to be canon by him then it can't be used.

NikHelton said:
But One is listed there as the author of the plot
Well then, now it's just a matter of discerning whether or not the anthology is canon. If it doesn't contradict anything in-verse then maybe it is. Still, it seems to be an outlier as it's somewhat unlikely that Base Mob has a range of thousands of kilometres (???% maybe but otherwise no).

I don't see why not, because his psychic locator was covering the whole spice city, and here he had to concentrate to find the right creature and just pull it to him.

NikHelton said:
I don't see why not, because his psychic locator was covering the whole spice city, and here he had to concentrate to find the right creature and just pull it to him.
Pulling a creature from the Himalayas, while in Japan, is far above anything that the main cast was shown to be capable of. The verse may not focus too much on the limits of range but that's no reason to assume that Mob at base has the range with his powers to do that. Btw, at what point in time was this done? Before or after the main story concludes?

NikHelton said:
Well, if it was after one could have made the argument that Mob could do this as he had full access to his psychic power (still unlikely but not impossible). But no, it's just too far above what Base Mob has showcased to be usable. The best we're seeing is 100% Mob's range being adjusted to kilometres with weather manip or something.

Also could someone calc the weight of the giant broccoli since it's look way BIGGER than in the manga

I also requested a calc for the concrete melting feat during the Mob vs Koyama fight, hoping the result will be Hypersonic +

Can you not reply to threads from over a year ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back