• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

100 Year Quest Upgrades (Also I jumped the gun a bit)

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Let me just prerequisite with saying that I made these small edits beforehand and I'm sorry for that, I put this argument in the Major Discussion Board, everyone agreed with it and then I was assumed it was ok to move forward with changes, my bad ƒÿö

So, I believe that Base Natsu and those who scale to him should be 6-C, Base Natsu held back and took hits from a Wraith who was Possessing Makarov, How strong is a Wraith is Possessing Makarov?

Wraith alone should at the very least be comparable to Ikusa-Tsunagi, who is 2.02 Gigatons, since this Wraith hurt Natsu and took several punches from him, this being a Natsu who had surpassed normal spriggan level by the end of the Alvarez Arc since he was able to take out a Neinhart who was enhanced stronger than Brandish, then a year had passed for this Natsu, so it's very likely he got even stronger, so the fact this Wraith took several hits while relatively unharmed while Neinhart got taken out with 2 hits makes him at least in the same ballpark as Enhanced Neinhart, definitely stronger than Ikusa-Tsunagi, which would make him 2.02 Gigatons, Makarov has the highest possible Synchro Rate with Wraith, a requirement for a good synchro rate is being equal to or stronger than Wraith, meaning that at the very least, Makarov equals Wraith, so when they add their power, they would be 4.04 Gigatons, however that's not all, after adding their power together, they begin multiplying it further do to the high synchro rate, multiplying implies multiple times, but at the very least, we should lowball that their power got multiplied by 2x, meaning that he at least would be 8.08 Gigatons strong, meaning 6-C

This would scale to 100 Year Quest Base Natsu and those who scale to him

I assume we are lowballing Wraith when we say he is 2 gigatons for harming Natsu?

I will wait for others to comment but I am leaning to agreeing with 8 gigatons. Thought it was just to baseline 6-C lol.

Just because they add their power doesnt mean it has to just equal 4.04GT....Naruto combined hit power with Kurama (Half/is Low 6B) yet BM isnt close to 6B like he should be. There is no reason to just add their AP together when we dont even know how much of a boost it is. Just slap an At Least to it thats it

@Blackejan

Naruto without Kurama is 7-A... adding their powers wouldn't make a difference at all, since it would still be Low 6-B

Also having two people who have the same tier add their power is accepted as doubling their power, their are plenty of verses that do it

You literally did not debunk anything

They Added their power together and then multiplied it several times, this is stated, so at the very least it's Baseline 6-C

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Blackejan
Naruto without Kurama is 7-A... adding their powers wouldn't make a difference at all, since it would still be Low 6-B

Also having two people who have the same tier add their power is accepted as doubling their power, their are plenty of verses that do it

You literally did not debunk anything
Debunk? what are you even saying? and what other verse do that? ive never seen another verse do that. And where was it accepted that we could do double the power if the same tier is added together?

One Person's+Another Person's Power= Their power combined, NNT, Naruto, and Bleach does this and it makes sense, it's basic addition

2+2=4

This is why their power is "doubled"

How is this different? 2 people of equal power adding their power together should equal double the intial power, we do that all the time, what is complicated here?

And after they add their power, it's states that their power is multiplied several times, this definitely scales them to 6-C, I explained the whole thing in the OP

I do not think that we can assume that Wraith added his and Makarov's powers together, but rather just that he used Makarov own power.

However, didn't Natsu say that Makarov was still weaker than usual when possessed by Wraith in this chapter?

Wraith literally states that they add their power together and then multiply it, also that statement from Natsu is definitely PIS or overstated of how Makarov is stronger since it's his power, that statement being right would mean that Makarov is stronger than Base Natsu, which makes 0 sense scaling wise

Also Natsu has always hyped Makarov and undersold himself

@Ant It's not an assumption, Wraith outright says that their respective magic powers are combining to amp him even further.

That's a real Natsuism (aka things Natsu says that make no sense) Wraith outright says Natsu is still more powerful than his and Makarov's combined power. It's either a case of Natsu overestimating Makarov's strength or he meant it in some weird sentimental way.

This could be the case just like how Capt. Ginyu took over Goku's body but didnt know how to utilize Goku's full power

Not only that but Nats knew Gramps all hos life so theirs no way that could be PIS and how wouldnt it make no sesne that Base Natsu < Makarov?

It's very different from Captain Ginyu, Ginyu switches powers with the person he takes over, this is described as both people's power combined and then multiplied several times

Also Natsu said that he's never fought Makarov seriously, so he probably doesn't even know how weak Makarov is compared to him

I suppose that I am neutral about this then.

@Calaca

Are you fine with the reasoning above?

Take a look at what Natsu said then look at how Ginyu does things. He even said that he couldnt use Goku's powers to the fullest cause he doesn't know how to utilize it. This CAN be the same for Wraith since Natsu said the real gramps is stronger (Natsu known him is whole life)

"Nope he never said that"

FT Wraith Makarov
He said it very clearly

Also, Natsu said he'd never fought Makarov seriously, implying he doesn't know his full power

@Rin The Dragon Empress

No, Unison Raids are much more than two of the same tier Attack. For example Jellal pretty much ***** himself at the strength of Lucy and Juvia's Unison Raid. The same Jellal who could stomp Base Natsu and fight with DF Natsu for a short while even with severe injuries from his fight with Erza.

The difference to 6-C from the feat is 2.1 times

Both characters who added their power, scale above the 2.02 Gigaton feat and then they multiply it several times, the fact that they are multiplying implies that it should at the very least be a 2X multiplier, so...

(2.02+2.02)*2=8.08 Gigatons

It's simple math and it is a lowballed increase as well, also Natsu's statement is unreliable, he's always lowballed his strength, like against Brandish, August, Mercphobia, and now Makarov

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
"Nope he never said that"
FT Wraith Makarov
He said it very clearly

Also, Natsu said he'd never fought Makarov seriously, implying he doesn't know his full power
Where was it said that Natsu never fought him seriously? also again Natsu said that this wasnt gramps real power (who known him his whole life)

Dude you're trying to make an argument soley out of that, when it has been shown that Wraith has stated repeatedly, that higher the Synchro Rate, the more multiplied his and the person he's possessing's power becomes.

Ginyu doesn't multiply anyone's power. The sole thing similar is being in someone elses Body. The mechanics and Methods are utterly different.

@BlackeJan

Makarov serious FT100YQ39
Also Natsu's statement is unreliable, he's always lowballed his strength, like against Brandish, August, Mercphobia, and now Makarov

So, everyone except BlackeJan is in agreement, and The Calaca agreed, I think this is settled, it's not very complicated or difficult, so I believe this is accepted

Back