• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
One more major thing for a potential upgrade. So in Bloodedge Experience, Raquel was capable of observing everything in the Boundary, which during that event.

When education to have self-observation was enough, the crimson eyed master sent her to an underground room within a certain castle. To release that observation. Crimson eyed master connected Raquel's spirit to Boundary. Boundary is a place transcending time and space. This is the place where every single moment, every single event, every single possibilities drifts. It was to let Raquel observe everything.

Observation basically is maintaining something's existance, without it being observed it won't exist as stated in the lore for Blazblue. We already have confirmation that there exists infinite possibilities in the Blazblue world and that the Boundary is connected to the past and the future given how the Black Beast used it to time travel back in time, and Ragna used it during CP to time travel back to the Phase Shift events and used it to go back to the future when he was done. So this could give out a potential infinitely above baseline scaling for the god tiers.

Quoting myself from the other thread

"So basically, she maintained every possibility (which are basically timelines) across the past, present and future.

Already agreed on private."

not.....necessarily. Mostly cause the Boundary is connected to the past, present and future. Proven by when the Black Beast was made in every loop in Calamity Trigger, falling into the Cauldron sent it back in time, and in Chronophantasma, Ragna fell through another cauldron to go back in time around the same time period as the Black Beast when it went on a rampage, and in the end of Phase Shift he used the Cauldron again to get back to the future. So it's basically infinite realities across different time periods all at once if that makes sense.

That's the requirement for baseline 2-A. Unless you're implying that baseline 2-A is merely affecting the present?

What the others said. Destroy the past version of a timeline at the same time as the present version doesn't make you more than Low 2-C. That's just baseline Low 2-C.

Nevermind the fact that it would only be "infinitely" higher than 2-A if each timeline existed for an infinite amount of time.

which it technically does cause Rachel mentions how there's infinite possibilities in their current world. And the Boundary essentially is where every event, moment and possibility ever exists across different time periods.

but each different point in time has infinite possibilities that exists. Won't that at the very least be much higher than baseline?

Not sure where that is stated in your quotes though. It seems to equate the possibilities with events and moments, implying that the possibilities exists alongside all periods of time, not that they came from each moment.

It's mostly from this quote here

PheInt12

Rachel wasn't referring to the Boundary itself being filled with infinite possibilities, but rather the current world they're in.

I'm a bit confused, are you implying that its special for a world to have infinite possibilities? Because that's literally just Branched Universe / Many Worlds theory on a 2-A scale.

Or eventually a 2-A scale I guess if we want to be picky. Not sure if we treat it differently in VSB.

The quote you just posted said that the Boundary connects to the beginning of time. And the previous quote you posted said that there is an infinite amount of possibility. But they don't seem connected. Which is kinda needed for your point of infinite timelines per period of time to make sense.

Even then, timelines don't really just appear as time goes on. Even back at the beginning of time, all those possibilities should still exist, unless they're noted to appear with each decision instead of just being possibilities.

the boundary connects to the world at different points in time to the beginning of time, it connects cause it's the thing that caused like I said earlier, both the Black Beast and Ragna to go back in time on the same world. Even other characters like Raquel and Naoto who technically exists far in the past due to Naoto being Ragna's "technical" uncle since family stuff, but that's gonna take too much time to explain at the moment.

I know that the Boundary connects to all point in times. But that's not the point.

Your argument is that since infinite possbilities existed even just at the beginning of time, then every point in time has infinite possibilities and therefore the verse is several times over baseline.

But you didn't actually give me proof that the infinite possibilities existed even only at the beginning of time. You gave me proof of the Boundary accessing the beginning of time and of infinite possibilities, but not of those infinite possibilities being born from solely the beginning of time.

From what I get out of this there's just infinite possibilities branching off from the main universe. If it was something like "infinite parallel universes with infinite timelines/possibilities" then that could be infinitely above baseline.

@Saikou they were born from the beginning of time since Amaterasu basically recreated everything after Doomsday wiped everything from existance back when the Prime Field War happened. Doomsday basically erased every single possibility that existed as it's built up and shown throughout Central Fiction. Amaterasu brought everything back with some minor changes but point being that in the beginning the infinite possibilities exists thanks to Amaterasu.

Well that either means that: A) All possibilities were created at the start of existence and didn't change much from there on. B) Each instant of existence created new sets of infinite possibilities.

Both are possible but you're gonna need a bit more if you want B to be accepted.

Do I?

Because literally everyone is already doing that

I guess if you wanted more I say, "I disagree FRA"

The universe's longevity is infinite because the timeline's longevity is reliant on possibilities it has. It should be the case because of CT, when BB timeline started to repeat itself because they have no more possibilities to choose from, thus it literally stopped. If it is infinite, then universe's longevity is infinite, thus time is infinite.

Each possibilities has possibilities on their own. Look at Bloodedge Experience, they want to use Azure to warp reality of their own universe, which isn't possible unless they have their own possibilities because BB timeline's infinite possibilities are only for BB timeline, as said by CF.

How does that prove infinite^2 possibilities though?

If possibilities are infinite, each one has infinite variations due to redundancy.

Universe A has infinite possibilities, and so does universe B, but one of those "possibilities" is B/A, they aren't necessarily different sets of infinite possibilities

With Rachel's description of how they work, every single event has infinite different outcomes on how things can occur. Heck, the same thing occurred with the end of Continuum Shift where there were infinite possibilities on how it was going to end and Terumi found the one possibility out of infinite that he would be able to succeed in taking over Takamagahara.

That's not what Rachel said though.

She said "There are infinite possibilities in this world", not "Every event has infinite possible outcomes"

Look at the description for Phenomena Intervention, they mention how each different event has potential limitless possibilities that could occur.

If you are talking about this, that's not what she said either, she's talking about possible futures as a whole. It's not "Infinite possibilites per event" as much as "You have infinite possibilites and by modyfing different things you reach different outcomes"

Based on one singular event, cause they were still referencing that hypothetical situation when describing how the different outcomes can play out based on that situation.

They aren't, she's literally talking about how small changes in general can deeply affect the course of events

And the line afterwards say how the future possibilities could be endless based on said changes.

I know?

This means that by changing things you can get infinite different outcomes.

Not that for every single event there are infinite possible outcomes.

Isn't that the same thing? Getting infinite different outcomes from change and that every single event there has infinite possible outcomes?

No, the former says that you have infinite different outcomes when considering every possible change ever.

The latter is saying that every single action has infinite possible different outcomes.

You guys do know that if those infinite worlds had countless possibilities each, that still wouldn't be "at least 2-A", right?

Countless times infinity is still infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back