• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2023 KN8 Revamp, pt 2

Here is the statistics part of the whole revamp.

The biggest difference from the sandbox below to the current profiles is that I separate the profiles (well, the Humans that is) into multiple keys:
  • Base
  • Full Release (Defense Force)
  • Full Release (Numbers Weapon Combat Suit)
I redo the references and bold the calculations so people can tell which is a calculation, and which is not. Even the cloud revision has been taken into account

Also, for the Kaiju section, I added a part for the Fungal-type Kaiju, which is not a current profile but will be made after this CRT so ignore the red highlights

Unlike the previous one, this is somewhat smaller, but still have a lot going for it.

Here is za sandbox with the profiles

Sure, this seems fine to apply, you have overall approval.

Unlocked the thread again as it's pretty short, relatively recent and I think this is where the thing I want to talk about was added.

Namely Isao Shinomiya's Speed of Light Main Burst thing.
Like, let me make this real short: We don't give light speed ratings to energy beams just for being energy beams. (We have light / laser guidelines for a reason and RL energy weapons are just lasers, so the article linked pretty directly runs into those.)
In my understanding from all I could find on the profile and this thread, that is all the reasoning that is behind that stat.
In which case the rating should probably be removed.
And if there is actually more evidence to it, it should be listed.

Last edited:
Unlocked the thread again as it's pretty short, relatively recent and I think this is where the thing I want to talk about was added.

Namely Isao Shinomiya's Speed of Light Main Burst thing.
Like, let me make this real short: We don't give light speed ratings to energy beams just for being energy beams. (We have light / laser guidelines for a reason and RL energy weapons are just lasers, so the article linked pretty directly runs into those.)
In my understanding from all I could find on the profile and this thread, that is all the reasoning that is behind that stat.
In which case the rating should probably be removed.
And if there is actually more evidence to it, it should be listed.
The reasoning behind the rating is due to Main Burst being called a Directed Energy Attack, which is noted to be SoL. Additionally, just like a directed energy attack, the MB is a focused beam of super high level of electromagnetic energy, which is also known as electromagnetic radiation

Last edited:
"Directed Energy Attack" is just fancy language for energy beam. It's energy, emitted in a specific direction. That's what an energy beam is. That adds nothing. The article you link only has such weapons as lightspeed, because the weapons they describe happen to shoot light.
However, in fiction not every energy beam is light. We require these standards to be met for an energy beam to be accepted as light/lightspeed.

Now you bring one piece of evidence here that is of value and that is that the beam is stated to be electromagnetic energy, which is physics language for light. That meets one criteria of the light/laser page.

"Directed Energy Attack" is just fancy language for energy beam. It's energy, emitted in a specific direction. That's what an energy beam is. That adds nothing. The article you link only has such weapons as lightspeed, because the weapons they describe happen to shoot light.
However, in fiction not every energy beam is light. We require these standards to be met for an energy beam to be accepted as light/lightspeed.

Now you bring one piece of evidence here that is of value and that is that the beam is stated to be electromagnetic energy, which is physics language for light. That meets one criteria of the light/laser page.
It hasn't shown the first three criteria. The fourth is already met given it stated to be electromagnetic energy. The fifth depends on if the attack originating from Isao's Machine Gauntlets counts.

Luckily, it hasn't shown none of the three anti-criteria listed

Well, for the time being I would just suggest to exchange the explanation from what's currently on the profile to it being stated to be electromagnetic energy.

Given, we usually require at least two criteria, I think. So depending on what other staff thinks it might still need to be removed.

Back