• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Eleventh round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Trigger Happy.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Crash Bandicoot, nominated by GyroNutz, and Maokai, submitted by Rocker.

Speed is equal. Battle takes place in a depopulated bubblegum kingdom from Adventure Time, 10m apart.

Maokai is 18 Megatons, Crash scales to volcanic eruptions, which are apparently a standard of 24 megatons.

Crash Bandicoot (Character) -

Maokai -

Maokai-Classic
CrashHasGoneInsane

Invisibility with invisibility crate and invisibility power-up from Crash Team Racing and Nitro Kart, Forcefield Creation with power shields, Explosion Manipulation with bowling bombs, missiles, TNT crates and Nitro crates, Air Manipulation with tornado tops, Time Manipulation with time crate, Ice Manipulation with freeze crate and ice mine, Energy Projection with magic carpet

All of these are exclusively limited powerups he finds in levels, not things he can do on his own nor things he has access to at a moment's notice or weapons he always has on hand

That doesn't mean his profile shouldn't have those powers, it just means he doesn't have those abilities typically in combat. Hence why it's written as "with Yada Yada" and not just him having the abilities by himself.

SBA just assumes he has his standard equipment, so other stuff he wouldn't have unless I specified it.

I love that Crash picture.

Not knowledgeable though, so I'll sit and wait. But just for everyone's information, AP advantage is 2.86x in favour of Maokai

So what Crash gets knocked down to is Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Invulnerability, Possession and Light Manipulation with Aku Aku, Expert Close Combat, Resistance to Mind Control, Vehicular Mastery, Expert Marksman, Spin Attack, Double Jump, Flight with jetpack, Attack Reflection (Can deflect energy projectiles), and Toon Force

If necessary I can specify the battlefield has his power ups scattered about if that makes this more fair for Crash.

Also looking through this, Maokai and Aku Aku would actually probably get along really well if they werent fighting here lol

I think Maokai should win this, he can create living plants from the ground every where around Crash and force them all to blow up in his. And while that is going on he can create giant roots to add as extra attacks, forcing Crash into a defensive position where he has to dodge sentient kamikaze plants and giant roots erupting from the ground, Maokai can also make it harder for him via manipulation the wind into whirlwinds making it hard to Crash to keep his balance, Maokai also has the ability to turn intangible for a short while allowing him to dodge any critical attacks that Crash has. Finally Maokai can heal himself for damage that he does take as long as it is not instantly fatal or consistently high.

Iirc, Crash gets his city level rating from being far superior to The Elementals, who can cause volcanic eruptions, which I believe we'd scale to the St Helens eruption, which is 24 megatons.

Overwhelming Crash will be hard considering Aku Aku protecting him + his invulnerability, plus the fact that Crash's main attack is a spin attack that'd hit anything coming towards him.

Maokai's intangibility seems to be elemental, so Crash's spinning attacks should work on him

@Gyro He gets it from the Elementals who are stated to destroy cities which is baseline 7-B

Aku Aku isnt able to constantly protect crash from more than a few hits

Maokai's intangibility works bu turning into a cloud of magic, its not elemental intangibility

WeeklyBattles said:
Maokai's intangibility works bu turning into a cloud of magic, its not elemental intangibility
"which temporarily transforms him into a cloud of plant matter and magic"

Crash can still hit the former, though.

The plant matter ues but not the magic which is the majority of what he turns into, and it stuns him on contact

It doesn't stun, it roots Crash in place, something he could break out of given his AP.

WeeklyBattles said:
Also his AP is baseline...
GyroNutz said:
Iirc, Crash gets his city level rating from being far superior to The Elementals, who can cause volcanic eruptions, which I believe we'd scale to the St Helens eruption, which is 24 megatons.

Looking through google i cant find any mention of volcanic eruptions anywhere regarding the Elementals

Okay? Even so, what happened to only scaling the 7 megatons released on eruption rather than the full 24 megatons? We did that for Trigger Happy literally last match.

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay? Even so, what happened to only scaling the 7 megatons released on eruption rather than the full 24 megatons? We did that for Trigger Happy literally last match.
No, they cause an entire Volcanic Eruption, which would be 24 MT, not surviving the initial blast of one, which would be 7 MT.

@Dargoo The 24 Megatons isnt from the blast, its from the residual thermal energy that comes off of the volcano after it actually erupts, it has nothing to do with the AP itself

Maokai does not need the AP advantage for this anyway. Also rather than plant matter it is more like Maokai turns into magic and ind from what I can tell, there is some planet matter in that but I doubt hitting that actually does anything. And with Maokai insane range advantge he does not need to be withing Crash's range to win.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo The 24 Megatons isnt from the blast, its from the residual thermal energy that comes off of the volcano after it actually erupts, it has nothing to do with the AP itself
It applies if someone causes the entire eruption, which the elemental masks did.

with the range advantage and multiple wooden structures to strengthen attacks, the not even 2 times AP advantage does not mean anything. Especially with healing on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back