• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C Doubles Tournament: Slade (Teen Titans) and the Terrarian vs. Ovo and Yu Narukami

So you've got two opposing characters with decent hax, assisted by partners with minor hax and decent physicals.

This should be interesting.

Do we have numbers on any of them?

I know Slade is likely baseline, what about the other three, any calcs for them?

Honestly having Slade and his combat genius combined with the massive amount of versatility the Terrarian has is a hard beast to beat, but Yu can counter a heccing lot of stuff the Terrarian can throw at him, while Ovo can deal with Slade's intangbility (I think Almighty attacks might do that too but don't quote me on that).

Yu certainly has the best resistances out of the lot, especially given how he can switch personas to deal with whatever weapons the Terrarian pulls out to resist/negate their attacks. That said both of them are massive toolboxes of abilities and Yu is already a combat genius.

Overall I feel like Yu and Ovo take this. Yu's resistances and his ability to bypass stuff like attack reflection will play a pivitol role in this fight, while both have hard counters to both Slade's and the Terrarian's hax.

There's a point I'd like to bring up before we go further.

This is a team battle, right? Is there anything stopping the Terrarian from giving Slade access to any of his equipment?

Because ignoring game mechanics for a moment, Slade would most likely benefit from having any number of the Terrarian's weapons, regen potions, et cetera, and he'd know as much. (And before someone says "would he even do that in character?", he never canonically teamed up with anyone who had equipment like what the Terrarian has. His only teamups were with Robin, whose equipment Slade already has his own counters for, and Terra, who didn't carry equipment at all.)

Alright, so--

[realizes Terrarian's equipment is absurdly complicated and it hasn't been specified what he's bringing]

...Why do I do these things to myself?

Alright, so...how are we handling Terrarian's equipment here, exactly? What does he have in this key, and this fight specifically?

Alright, let me figure this out.

As far as the armor/weapon sets, I'm guessing Slade would pick stuff that centers around melee, since despite having ranged supernatural powers, TT Slade has always seemed to really enjoy melee combat throughout the series. Terrarian probably has range covered anyway.

Poison is also definitely something he'd want, because this is Slade we're talking about and he's absolutely happy to fight dirty. And regen potions are another thing he'd want, because going by the scenes, he seriously likes being hard to kill in this key.

...Gonna assume he isn't going to carry more than one set unless there's something the Terrarian has that'd explicitly allow him to. So, take your pick I suppose.

Anyway, if he gets anything that puts him on Terrarian's level physically, then he's already a whole lot more dangerous than he would be normally .

Lord, what the hell have I done...

Granted, I'm not saying he'll get all of it, or even most of it. (He might have superpowers, but he can't fit all of that shit on his person at once.) But he'd almost certainly end up with a good amount of it, solely because it's there for him to have access to and he'd be perfectly willing to take advantage of it.

And regardless of what he goes with, him getting any number of the Terrarian's items means he's getting a significant boost in both power and versatility, and becoming even harder to put down than he normally is in this key. That's on top of already having things like guided pyrokinesis and Class T fire tendrils as well as likely being the most cunning and intelligent person in this fight.

So, with all that in mind, I think Team 1 can take it after a pretty spectacular fight. With Slade basically getting free amps and the Terrarian just being ridiculously versatile in general, Yu is the only one who can reliably beat either of them 1v1, and while he's pretty good in a normal fight, I definitely don't think he'll fare as well against two characters who can more or less give him a run for his money on their own in this scenario, especially when one of them happens to be a tactical nightmare like Slade.

Switching to Slade/Terrarian FRA.

Yu/Ovo winning this was because they could each counter a teammate that was a problem for the other.

One of the teammates cheating getting all the benefits of the other makes this a really hard fight for Yu/Ovo. Mainly because Slade can kill Ovo, who has the most ways to bypass his intan, then have a massively long battle with Yu who will be flipping through personas like pages on a book. That said Yu doesn't have enough ways to deal with intan to win proper here.

Back