• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Kid Goku upgrade

Currently, User blog:Dalesean027/Goku survives a plane crash (0.40818802848 Tons of TNT) (Building level) is accepted as part of 21st Budōkai Goku's durability.
However, a much higher recalculation, User blog:Nullflowerblush/blah, blah, plane crash (Dragon Ball), was recently accepted.

The results are:
  1. 1.45710394 Tons of TNT (Building level+; explosive yield)
  2. 1.43967495 Tons of TNT (Building level+; tensile strength of steel)
  3. 9.95689275 Tons of TNT (Large Building level+; melting of steel)
All three are accepted; however, the question is: is only the highest value applied, or are all three combined as the total energy output of the explosion?

If the former,
  • 21st Budōkai Goku is upgraded from 3.72 Tons of TNT (Large Building level) to 9.95689275 Tons of TNT (Large Building level+).
  • Post-Korin Training Goku & Pilaf Arc Goku as an Oozaru are upgraded from 7.44 Tons of TNT (Large Building level+) to 19.9137855 Tons of TNT (City Block level).
  • Pilaf Arc Goku is upgraded from 0.774 Tons of TNT (Building level) to 1.99137855 Tons of TNT (Building level+).

If the latter,
  • 21st Budōkai Goku is upgraded from 3.72 Tons of TNT (Large Building level) to 12.8536716 Tons of TNT (City Block level).
  • Post-Korin Training Goku & Pilaf Arc Goku as an Oozaru are upgraded from 7.44 Tons of TNT (Large Building level+) to 25.7073432 Tons of TNT.
  • Pilaf Arc Goku is upgraded from 0.774 Tons of TNT (Building level) to 2.57073432 Tons of TNT.

Large Building level to City Block level
I wouldn't give this rating, it's never implied or shown that he did training in between he defeat from Jackie chan and the start of the red ribbon army saga

I've been told we do not add the explosion and destruction values together. We simply use the highest value between them, assuming it's correct that is.

Obviously you cannot use both Tensile and Melting ends together, but I'm positive that's not what you meant.

I don't think melting is usable here. At least, this doesn't look like melting to me. I think the explosion end is the best one to use.

The melting/vaporization of steel is also usually done via raw heat which doesn't always translate to how much blunt force trauma is generated. I know explosions are a combination of both, but gas ignition is mostly just the thermal energy output. And raw heat is limited in various areas compared to force.

Think the regular explosion yield calculation is the main one usable.

Yeah, just the explosive yield is what I'd go with here.

We simply use the highest value between them, assuming it's correct that is.
Not entirely true. Actually, we just picked which one worked best with what was presented to us.
The melting/vaporization of steel is also usually done via raw heat which doesn't always translate to how much blunt force trauma is generated. I know explosions are a combination of both, but gas ignition is mostly just the thermal energy output. And raw heat is limited in various areas compared to force.
Yeah, that is literally why I took issue with people claiming that smoke=vaporization, and I'm glad OP did not fully commit to that assumption.

Looking through the assessment throughout the thread, I can agree with others that explosive yield works best.

Back