• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B+/Low 8-A Tournament Semifinals, Match 2: Helmed Horror vs Metal Gear Ray

Following, I think the energy absorption might screw over RAY here since idk if it has the intelligence to realize what's going on. How's AP looking?

i dunno, ask the person who submitted RAY ig, given that it's fighting on its own I'd assume this is the MGR version

i dunno, ask the person who submitted RAY ig, given that it's fighting on its own I'd assume this is the MGR version
So... Metal Gear Ray is 156.78 tons? Well, I'll use 8-B Helmed Horror which is 43.46 tons. Around 4x AP advantage but teleportation, and energy absorption should make hitting a bit harder. Not to mention the many offensive tools it has which includes Damage Manip which allows any wound it deals to expand

Doesn't RAY have a literal Danmaku Barrage of Missiles and Machine Guns at it's disposal as well as giant blades and a crazy ass LS Advantage if decides to just grab the Helmed Horror?

Teleportation. Also how does that thing even grab

Assuming it's not planetary, Helmed Horror can just nope out from the range and come back when the barrage is done. That or make a portal and use that instead to redirect attacks or get away
It can grab people with it's Mouth like it did to Raiden.

OK and how many times can it do that because RAY has Infinite Ammo and can also a fuckton of Punishment before it dies.

OK and how many times can it do that because RAY has Infinite Ammo and can also a fuckton of Punishment before it dies.
Infinite times as well. Also this
Not to mention the many offensive tools it has which includes Damage Manip which allows any wound it deals to expand
That can be useful for dismemberment and if I recall, it also works on inorganics

Infinite times as well. Also this
That can be useful for dismemberment and if I recall, it also works on inorganics
Can he dismember something that massive? Raiden could oy really do it because he was actively stronger than it and due to the fact that the HF Blade has way more range than it looks like it should.

Assuming it's not planetary, Helmed Horror can just nope out from the range and come back when the barrage is done. That or make a portal and use that instead to redirect attacks or get away
Is it intelligent enough to do that? Doesn't seem particularly smart and a single burst of attacks would probably leave it in poor conditions.

Also, is the wound expansion proportional to the size of the being? Otherwise I doubt they'll be too useful. RAY also has several layers of armor so it's not like one hit equals death.

Is it intelligent enough to do that? Doesn't seem particularly smart and a single burst of attacks would probably leave it in poor conditions.

Also, is the wound expansion proportional to the size of the being? Otherwise I doubt they'll be too useful. RAY also has several layers of armor so it's not like one hit equals death.
On top of this, Raiden was throwing it around like a Ragdoll, chopping off it's arms/wings/blades and Guns as well as several meters worth of Armored Plating and it only went down after he bisected it head first.

Also, is the wound expansion proportional to the size of the being? Otherwise I doubt they'll be too useful.
Based on what I read, the wounds don't stop until healed and can stack so no but it can get worse
Is it intelligent enough to do that?
It literally has above average on its intelligence. It's smart enough to flee if there's no point in sticking around

Also just a question, how resistant is it to electricity?

Based on what I read, the wounds don't stop until healed and can stack so no but it can get worse

It literally has above average on its intelligence. It's smart enough to flee if there's no point in sticking around

Also just a question, how resistant is it to electricity?
Should have a decent Resistance considering that it's a UG at the this point, which when far inferior cyborgs and UGs get hit with the absurd EMPs this Verse has it's disposal at this point in the Timeline they only get stunned very briefly, like 5 seconds max.

Should have a decent Resistance considering that it's a UG at the this point, which when far inferior cyborgs and UGs get hit with the absurd EMPs this Verse has it's disposal at this point in the Timeline they only get stunned very briefly, like 5 seconds max.
Ah, OK

Anyway for other attacks not involving weaponry, The Helmed Horror can cast homing magic missiles so it does have ranged tracking attacks that it can just cast before teleporting away

Ah, OK

Anyway for other attacks not involving weaponry, The Helmed Horror can cast homing magic missiles so it does have ranged tracking attacks that it can just cast before teleporting away
How good is the Homing because RAY is actually decently agile for it's size and could possibly just jump over them to avoid damage.

A magic shield. It can only be interrupted by similar magical items or spells
What if it kicked something in the way of the Projectiles? Also, how many times can it use Magic Missile, how long does it take to cast it and does HH have to be stationary like it has to be in D&D's Gameplay?

First off, you all irk me slightly because you've all been describing this match incorrectly; IT ISN'T USING A HELMED HORROR.
It is a Battle Horror.

& secondly, technically, there is a limit to Helmed Horror's Magic Missiles, among other abilities of its.

"Battle Horror
A few modified helmed horrors with magical powers have been encountered. These battle horrors are identical in appearance to helmed horrors, but have the following magical powers: dimension door up to 60 yards distant, once per day; blink for up to 1 turn, once per day (a horror cannot cease blinking and start again, even if it has not used a full turn); and cast magic missile. A horror can unleash two 2-5 hp magic missiles every 3 rounds with a range of 70 yards. Battle horrors have a lawful evil alignment and a total XP value of 4,000."

So for Magic Missile, it's not a quantity limit, but a frequency limit. I have no idea how much time a round is supposed to equate to in a versus match.

Last edited:
First off, you all irk me slightly because you've all been describing this match incorrectly; IT ISN'T USED A HELMED HORROR.
It is a Battle Horror.

& secondly, technically, there is a limit to Helmed Horror's Magic Missiles, among other abilities of its.

"Battle Horror
A few modified helmed horrors with magical powers have been encountered. These battle horrors are identical in appearance to helmed horrors, but have the following magical powers: dimension door up to 60 yards distant, once per day; blink for up to 1 turn, once per day (a horror cannot cease blinking and start again, even if it has not used a full turn); and cast magic missile. A horror can unleash two 2-5 hp magic missiles every 3 rounds with a range of 70 yards. Battle horrors have a lawful evil alignment and a total XP value of 4,000."

So for Magic Missile, it's not a quantity limit, but a frequency limit. I have no idea how much time a round is supposed to equate to in a versus match.

Last time I played D&D, a round was like 10 seconds at most if I remember what my uncle told me correctly.

Last time I played D&D, a round was like 10 seconds at most if I remember what my uncle told me correctly.
Apologies to your uncle, for I mean no disrespect, but I suspect he may have used some non-standard rule variants:
"Each round represents 6 seconds in the game world."
"A round represents about 6 seconds in the game world."

Although, I don't know if VSBW Standards for D&D have Round always at precisely 6 seconds, in part because the terminology "about 6 seconds" is seemingly a bit deliberately loose, seeming deliberately worded to be open for interpretation & variation.

Apologies to your uncle, for I mean no disrespect, but I suspect he may have used some non-standard rule variants:
"Each round represents 6 seconds in the game world."
"A round represents about 6 seconds in the game world."

Although, I don't know if VSBW Standards for D&D have Round always at precisely 6 seconds, in part because the terminology "about 6 seconds" is seemingly a bit deliberately loose, seeming deliberately worded to be open for interpretation & variation.
That's not that big of a difference. Also, I know you didn't mean it that way but it did come off as slightly pretentious. Not really insulted by it, but I just wanted to point that out.

That's not that big of a difference. Also, I know you didn't mean it that way but it did come off as slightly pretentious. Not really insulted by it, but I just wanted to point that out.
My apologies. I'll try & hope to be less pretentious in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bad habit of mine.
(Although, I do feel compelled to say that depending on the speed of the combatants & urgency of the situations, a few seconds can make a lot of difference. Sorry, sorry.)

"above average" with no further justification does not equate to "master strategist who comes up with the perfect counter to any attack in moments. An "above average" person in a fight probably still just throws hands just in a slightly better way.

"above average" with no further justification does not equate to "master strategist who comes up with the perfect counter to any attack in moments.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't take a genius to know what an insane cluster of attacks that doesn't look like it can be dodged looks like

Yeah but the attacks are really fast and if you do anything wrong they'll hit you, it's much more likely you'll panic or just not be able to come up with something complex enough in time.

D&D intelligence is pretty strictly defined so literally just call a supporter and ask

Back