• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Tournament Match 11 (Levi Ackerman vs Yatsuhashi Daichi)

Okay, so this is extremely, extremely close. I'll explain in a few minutes but to sum it up both characters naturally hard counter the other's main fighting gimmicks.

I'm leaning towards Levi as well. Levi seems to have far higher skill and mobility, and his thunder spears will probably be enough to bridge the gap in power. It will certainly take a while to get past Yatsuhashi's aura and superior durability, but Levi can manage it thanks to his aforementioned advantages. However, it still seems to be a close fight. I'll wait a bit before actually casting my vote.

Problem is Levi only has two thunder Spears max and unless Yatsu's aura is down they won't do much to him

Yatsu's aura and durability is also high enough that Levi's swords would break by Striking him if his aura is still up

Well, I didn't really know anything about his thunder spears since they're barely mentioned on his profile. That changes things. Yatsu's aura will probably make it impossible for Levi to hurt him in that case since it's Large Building Level.

How long? Depending on how long it takes, Levi might be able to win thanks to his superior mobility and skill.

It takes a few dozen hits from someone equal to yatsu in AP to bring down his aura, though Levi is a good bit weaker so it will take longer

Problem is Levi has limited fuel with his gear and once he runs out that mobility is gone

Levi is a combat genius of epic proportions has never gotten a hit in the show yet (except for like a single scratch and twisting his ankle which wasn't his fault at all).

Welp since people have fallen off on Attack on Titan I'll post some of his fights.

https://youtu.be/dlwrdQscU6M

https://youtu.be/Apju_V_UfQA

https://youtu.be/cBJ87WEzscs

https://youtu.be/YiIlBToCqBE (2:40)

https://youtu.be/gQJyCtELWaU

The fuel won't be an issue since Levi will win prior to using it up. The Thunder spears are enough to break Yats' aura as it breaks the Armored Titan's armor like Swiss Cheese unlike Levi's blades which can't even scratch it.

The skill gap means Levi isn't getting touched and Yats' memory manipulation gets resisted by Levi due to Levi being an Ackerman.

Of course mobility is massively in Levi's favor. I'd like to point out that Levi has never had problem with his fuel running out during a 1 v 1 fight, over an extended battle yes but nothing else.

@Nico Yatsu's aura can take tons of hits from attacks as strong as himself in power, its unlikely that the thunder spears would be enough to break his aura completely qhen they scale above a feat that yatsu isnseveral times above

Also going by the current crt, Levi is likely going to lose his memory manip resistance

I mean, if levi losees his resistance all he would have left is skill vs ap, durability, and memory erasure

I don't know what's going on in the AOT manga but as far as the anime goes the Ackermans should still have the resistance.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Nico Yatsu's aura can take tons of hits from attacks as strong as himself in power, its unlikely that the thunder spears would be enough to break his aura completely qhen they scale above a feat that yatsu isnseveral times above

Also going by the current crt, Levi is likely going to lose his memory manip resistance
Funny enough since aura isn't passive like Titan hardening Levi could do what he did to the Beast Titan lol.

Not that the Levi is gonna get past the aura in an upfront fight but in a surprise attack he COULD get around it.

Outlasting Levi is really not gonna happen when like I said Levi's fuel has never been issue for him. It's only really an issue for extended period like a whole day's worth of combat and the like.

Nico-v11 said:
I don't know what's going on in the AOT manga but as far as the anime goes the Ackermans should still have the resistance.
Because the meemory manip is a power that only works on Eldians and no one else

Well shit. I guess that's a minor spoiler for me....if it gets removed then ok but I'm guessing the CRT is still ongoing.

Weekly we've argued over Aura being passive for a long time but it's not. Volume 5 literally goes over how Aura needs to be activated first and how it then becomes second nature. Ozpin says this himself.

Nico-v11 said:
Weekly we've argued over Aura being passive for a long time but it's not. Volume 5 literally goes over how Aura needs to be activated first and how it then becomes second nature. Ozpin says this himself.
Yes and it was agreed on that in a fight it is passive

Aura has been shown as active far too many times.

Still, they appear in each others' field of vision and both know they are about to fight, so he'd turn it on regardless.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes and it was agreed on that in a fight it is passive
That is not passive. It's just activated on instinct.

Passive means it happens regardless of thoughts. Instinctive you can figure out yourself.

"Passive" but not actually passive. It's just activated as second nature before they get hit. You can still get a surprise hit in like how Sun got stabbed by Ilia despite his aura not being broken. He was distracted and so he got hit. It's not the electricity since he actually started bleeding right after.

I know you know that electricity doesn't "bypass" Aura just that they still feel it's effects.

Also for the example of Sun, the crwby confirmed that he used up all of his aura creating so many clones all at once

Back