• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-C Brackets Round 2

Crimson_Azoth

VS Battles
Retired
5-reasons-to-grapple-in-a-streetfight
The winner of the last round was The Number Ma via shooting up a court

The second round of the 9-C brackets is underway! Contestants for this round are Rick (FOX n FORESTS), the champion of Anto doing battle against Gon Freecss, the champion of Strawboi

Hub

Current Standings: https://challonge.com/xquujoz3

• Speed is equalised
  • All of Rick's 9-B potions are restricted, and this is Hunter Exam Arc Gon
  • Battle takes place in a forest in Bavaria
The Fox: 0

The Hunter: 9 (DontTalk, Butter, Psycho, Commit, Spooky, Listen, Walker, Psycho, Straw)

Inconclusive: 0

RickTheFox
Gon-2011

Only advantage that Rick seems to have is range, changing the season could work but only situationally as Gon do not seems to suffer from enviromental effects. I see Gon winning most of the time, but gonna wait a little more before voting.

Does Gon use his stealth in battle?

Stealth has the side effect of making him extremely vulnerable, so probably not something he does often

I'd probably make sure to message people when the dude they nominated is in a thread

If stealth is not used then this is a pretty close fight.

Gon probably has the advantage in close combat and Rick in ranged combat. Since ranged combat is kinda nerfed by speed equal I guess I will vote Gon.

how would speed equal nerf ranged combat?

Wokistan said:
how would speed equal nerf ranged combat?
Thing is that, as far as I am aware, attack speed is equalised to the same speed as the characters are fighting at.

So if for example someone is shooting a gun at you the bullet would by moving with the same speed the character runs. That makes it very easy to dodge projectiles that can't really chase you.

That's why I decided against nominating Reki. If she snipes someone from her maximum distance the bullet needs the equivalent of minutes to reach the target.

I'm pretty sure it's not. Speed's equalized in a proportional way. Someone like Legend would still be firing lasers that move way faster than he does.

First time I hear of that. Pretty sure it was different in the past, since Misaka has a loss listed for literally this reason. Then again I have been ignoring the debates regarding speed equal lately.

I guess I would still stay with Gon, though it's very close.

Welp, technically there is no much reasons above aside of mine, and yet remained open to additional info from Gon's side, in case I miss something.

Well, 5-0

Strawboi said he'd come along and have a look so I'll keep this open for his input

Well nobody really argued for Rick, but you were the one to submit him.

Beyond ranged attacks there's no much, how much Bavaria forests vary in weather? Either way I believe the peak of the world have more extreme climate than anything a forest can have (it may also evoke wildfire, but that would affect both characters.

I'm fine with the current conclusion tho, just feel like itthe discussion could have more.

Antoniofer said:
Beyond ranged attacks there's no much, how much Bavaria forests vary in weather?
Depends a bit on which region specifically. Generally the forests are mostly spruce trees, which means they are green all year round. So in terms of flora not much change. You won't run into relevant fauna.

I think the only relevant change is the snow in winter. A dozen centimeter of snow is very well possible.

Power is kinda versatile, if there's a current drought then it can alter the season and evoke a time where a crater is full of water, a moment where there were no fallen trees, or with a bunch of bees, frozen lakes, etc. Its a power it depends of the environment.

Either way, I believe Gon wins most of the time.

WAIT

whoops

Was listening to music and must have typed in the words from the song

I'm not an idiot, I swear

Back