• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

90s Spider-Man AKA Fox Kids Spider-Man Feat Discussion

I only need to calc a few other feats and make a few other profiles to complete Spidey's page from Season 1 to Season 5

Nice. I'd say once we get those worked out, we could discuss how those keys apply to certain villains. Spider-Carnage can stick where he is for sure.

Speaking of criticizing this show...

What'd you think of it, Lonkitt, since you've gone through the entirety of it most recently?

Looking back, the pacing on the show is a real problem. They clearly wanted to squeeze as much into this show as they could and I appreciate how ambitious it was, but like I said, it sadly took the toll on the pacing (example: the show can feel like it's on fast forward). However, it still was a fun watch. Semper was clearly passionate and had some cool concepts (like connecting the super solider serum to the Hardy's or making the Spot, a pretty obscure villain, have his powers be pretty useful in later episodes with the Time Dilation Device). Secret Wars Arc was probably my favourite arc. One of the episodes (where Punisher and Kraven team up) actually made me like Kraven more, and keep in mind that even in canon, this is not a character I really care for.

It's a fun show that does a lot to stay faithful to the comics. It's only glaring issue to me was the pacing (and my god that Morbius Arc went on for too long)

Wagdawgwag said:
I think 616!Spot should get a page at some point. His respect thread on reddit has been around for three years, and he's just about as valid as the other characters who never get any matches, right?
It's been that long since I made it? Damn

TAS' Spot also deserves a page

I see the page I've created has had a lot of changes. But first, may I ask why the Unlimited version was removed?

Just read that. I'll add the other pages for the Unlimited universes then, as well as make some other character profiles in this era.

XXJellyXx said:
Just read that. I'll add the other pages for the Unlimited universes then, as well as make some other character profiles in this era.
Have you also made sure to check out the calc that was done for Unlimited?

Yeah, I was a bit confused by it because feats have been inconsistent for the Machine Men. You say that they can endure Multi-City Block level damage, but they usually cannot withstand anything past Wall level+ or Small Building level.

What do you mean they cannot withstand anything past Wall level+ to Small Building level? There's literally no calcs for Spider-Man Unlimited aside from the MCB one.

I've watched the entire show, and they seem to get destroyed by things like being slammed into walls/buildings, having Wall level objects being thrown at them, and destroying them, and such more.

I can show you guys gifs if you want.

It'd be weird for us to consider their very first feat an outlier lol

iirc they collapse two buildings around them while in an alley in the Green Goblin's debut episode with their blasters pretty casually.

If we were to count the fact that the producers of Unlimited considered it a sequel of TAS (we aren't 'cause it isn't to Semper and that's most important), it'd make sense for a more experienced and older Spidey to be Multi-City Block level if he no-sold a City Block level feat.

XXJellyXx said:
I've watched the entire show, and they seem to get destroyed by things like being slammed into walls/buildings, having Wall level objects being thrown at them, and destroying them, and such more.
I can show you guys gifs if you want.
Well aren't most of these things thrown into them (as well as being slammed) by the people who fight them like Spider-Man? That would explain quite a lot

There's only one instance of one getting damaged purely by crashing into the road iirc

The durability is really the outlier, the other calcs in that post are pretty accurate.

A machine-men gets hit by a flying car. Although it is damaged, it is still able to attack. It should be noted that it was destroyed by Peter Parker before it was able to attack again.

Multiple machine-men fire lasers into buildings due to visual distortion. The beams eventually cause part of the building to collapse onto them.

There is another one to where Spider-Man throws what looks similar to a handcar at a row of machine men in the subway. The handcar slices through them like water, and they blow up on impact.

XXJellyXx said:
The durability is really the outlier, the other calcs in that post are pretty accurate.
A machine-men gets hit by a flying car. Although it is damaged, it is still able to attack. It should be noted that it was destroyed by Peter Parker before it was able to attack again.

Multiple machine-men fire lasers into buildings due to visual distortion. The beams eventually cause part of the building to collapse onto them.

There is another one to where Spider-Man throws what looks similar to a handcar at a row of machine men in the subway. The handcar slices through them like water, and they blow up on impact.
Spider-Man throwing something into the Machine Men actually makes sense since he's superhuman. So far, that's only two examples. The first one might as well be PIS considering that scene was done to give Peter a place to stay in Counter-Earth.

The first one we can ignore since it's just a weird plot device to get Peter a new home on Counter-Earth

The second one shows off their lasers, which doesn't discredit their lifting strength/attack potency since them using their fists and shooting with their lasers are different ways of attacking that will give different results, it's something many verses here have done.

Lonkitt already covered that for me before I read his comment but yeah

The series itself has its own outliers, inconsistencies, and continuous variables. But, not too many for the machine men.

Machine Men can take countless laser beams as if they were bullets, and these beams should be able to blow parts of buildings off with ease at the very most, and at the very least, blow a crater about the size of an analog clock (Spider-Man can take much less laser beams and on one occassion, has been one shotted by a laser pistol).

But, Machine men can be destroyed by falling debris (from buildings, shown earlier), rockets (Even though, they don't appear to be destroyed. Such can be assumed), building collisions, their own firepower, all of which without calcs, but reasonable assumption do not yield close to the Multi-City Block scale. Let's also note that Spider-Man can physically damage machine men, on his own.

Ehhhhh I wouldn't take the building collision with a single grain of salt. That stuff is super common in fiction.

Also, you just said machine men don't have inconsistencies, but you just showed us the machine men tanking fire likes it nothing, while also saying debris and laser fire should kill them.

EDIT: Spider-Man throwing the metal thing through the Machine Men doesn't really support your case. It actually makes sense since it's Spidey throwing it

Daniel's gun was probably stronger than normal in order to knock out Spidey in one shot, methinks

Sure enough the series is inconsistent, as they tend to be, but in VSBattles they like to get the best possible results for a character, so at the very least we can leave the Spider-Man Unlimited characters as "At least Small Building level, possibly Multi-City Block level"

I should also note that even at this point MCB is still a more legimate rating to go with given we actually have a number calculated. For most cartoon Spidey profiles, people glance at explosions and say "Small Building". Back when I did a revision thread on Spectacular Spider-Man, an explosion people thought was Small Building came out to a solid Building level

Anything that can realistically destroy a Machine Man should be AT LEAST Building level

If destroying a car is Small Building level... Just sayin', a Machine Man is way more tech-heavy and futuristic than a car (Destroying a M1 Abrams tank takes Large Building levels of destruction, too, so MCB could make sense for a futuristic setting)

Lonkitt said:
Ehhhhh I wouldn't take the building collision with a single grain of salt. That stuff is super common in fiction.
Also, you just said machine men don't have inconsistencies, but you just showed us the machine men tanking fire likes it nothing, while also saying debris and laser fire should kill them.

EDIT: Spider-Man throwing the metal thing through the Machine Men doesn't really support your case. It actually makes sense since it's Spidey throwing it
That's not what I meant. I was showing you the low-end that they could tank many laser bullets from ordinary firearms, which without calcs, but with reasonable assumption should yield around Wall level (They can blow small craters into walls) damage, maybe higher. But, when they hit by something of more significant firepower, such as their own firepower (Which I showed up early as how they break up the building easily), rockets, and fallen debris as a high end of their durability. While they are a bit inconsistent, they are consistent with the fact that these feats do not hold the Multi-City Block level, and they can still obliterate machine men with ease. The rocket ship one was good, but it seems more like a plot device to help Spider-Man land safely on the planet.

If that makes more sense.

Dark-Carioca said:
Daniel's gun was probably stronger than normal in order to knock out Spidey in one shot, methinks

Sure enough the series is inconsistent, as they tend to be, but in VSBattles they like to get the best possible results for a character, so at the very least we can leave the Spider-Man Unlimited characters as "At least Small Building level, possibly Multi-City Block level"
Something like that could work, but I still believe that the Multi-City Block level was an outlier, and is simply too high. Maybe, we should put possibly Multi-City Block with the machine men was well.

The Machine Men aren't meant to be consistent, and really, no one in that show is, most likely. Those robots are the series' fodder, so they're easy to beat unless the situation calls for them to be a threat.

VSBattles always accepts the high end feats for characters anyway

@XXJellyXx You might call the rocket ship feat just a way to get the ship to land safely, but again, remember the point how we brought up about the Machine Man getting hurt by the car? That seems like much more of an inconsistency/PIS than the rocket ship feat.

Back