• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[9th Round of 8-B Tournament] - Y. V. vs Specter Knight (1-7-0)

So Y.V. has much higher durability than his given AP, but let's see.

I'm assuming Sharp Teeth and Gamma Guts are restricted?

I believe someone said they should be restricted so yes

I'll restrict them

Yeah, I gonna say Specter knight wins via Time Slow and judgement rush plus a dread talon. That should kill YV pretty quick

Vote Y.V. via danmaku overwhelming Spectre, not to mention enhanced senses and Stress, alongside Y.V.'s insane firing speeds.

(So now we're at a tie.)

Specter Knight can block projectiles with the Barrier Lantern, also can use Chronos Coin to immensly slow down Y.V.

How powerful is the lantern? How does it work? He'll need to be using it a lot.

Extra Feet + Euphoria + Enhanced Senses should minimize that. How does Chronos Coin activate?

Should be at least as strong as he is, also the Lantern creates a barrier of flames around Specter that blocks and absorbs incoming projectiles

Once used it just stays on for a while iirc.

Consider that Chronus Coin slows comparable enemies to a crawl

also, it activates by Specter throwing a coin in the air and everything around him is slowed down.

Range? Does it affect attack speed?

The Lantern will be a problem if it absorbs projectiles and lacks conventional durability. Though, once it goes down, Y.V. is going to utterly obliterate with danmaku, especially with Stress.

Not sure on the exact meause, but at least a few tens of meters, which would be enought since here they star at 17 meters from each other

it does indeed affect attack speed too.

Specter Knight can just re-cast it, doesn't cost a lot of Darkness iirc

BTW his scythe can reflect projectiles

I'm going to assume poison weapons don't work.

Y.V. can handle his own projectiles just fine - but, some suck as the Super Flak Cannon are absolutely ******* massive and explodes into even more danmaku.

Where did you get 17 meters from?

Considering Specter Knight is undead poison shouldn't work, but i know how you can radiation poison to death a pile of nuclear waste in that game, so it would probably work based on the same assumption.

I get the 17 meters from the OP, it's written right under Speed Equalazation

...wow, that feels extremely random. 17 meters, huh.

Well, how good is Specter Knight's offense, then? Poison likely isn't a go-to, and it's unlikely to work (unlike rad weapons, most poison weapons also include a physical aspect, such as a grenade or bolt).

decent

Mostly it's offensive comes from Curios

Dread Talon is a powerfull close corner tool with a bit of range

Throwing Scythe, Bounding Soul and Spider Scyther for the ranged option

Judgement Rush to quickly close the distance

he can also summon skeleton archers and swordmans for back-up, but those are gonna be killed by the danmaku flying around before they can do anything

[Darkness limit is game mechanincs, as in Shovel Knight that character aren't affected by the "mana" limit, seen by Shovel Knight and Plague Knight spamming items in their boss fight and Specter himself arguably using Hover Plume trought his whole bossfight]

and he has also the option of throwing his scythe as a boomerang-like weapon.

BTW, he has healing trought Will Skull

Regarding Darkness, that doesn't sound like conclusive evidence that no stamina limit exists, honestly.

Looks like 2 for Specter then

Even if Mortizva is for Y.V., Specter has 1 more vote so I guess he passes to the next orunds

Specter Knight FRA.

Back