• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A classic battle: Pit Vs Kratos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pit lacks the DC to do any damage to Kratos at all, and no hax to make up for it. Furthermore, Pit is only faster than light when Palutena grants him the power of flight, which only lasts five minutes. Can Pit kill Kratos in five minutes? Well, he can't kill Kratos at all, so no.

Note: The Wings of Icarus no longer work, so the Power of Flight still does, in fact, come from Palutena and last only five minutes.

Kratos muderstomps Pit.

WarriorWare said:
Pit lacks the DC to do any damage to Kratos at all, and no hax to make up for it. Furthermore, Pit is only faster than light when Palutena grants him the power of flight, which only lasts five minutes. Can Pit kill Kratos in five minutes? Well, he can't kill Kratos at all, so no.
Note: The Wings of Icarus no longer work, so the Power of Flight still does, in fact, come from Palutena and last only five minutes.

Kratos muderstomps Pit.
The Scared Treasures actually give him unlimited flight.

WarriorWare said:

Kratos muderstomps Pit.
The DC isn't that far off. Pit's Mountain whereas Kratos is Island. Just saying.

The difference there is more massive than you make it sound. It's the difference between 2 Tsar Bombs and 86 Tsar Bombs.

The Everlasting said:
The difference there is more massive than you make it sound. It's the difference between 2 Tsar Bombs and 86 Tsar Bombs.
^^^

The "Sacred Treasures" part has me interested.

If Pit is allowed the Great Sacred Treasure (or, heck, perhaps even the old Three), and he blitzes that badly, then it's quite possible that Pit could throw Kratos into space and go on his merry way.

Because fighting fair is for posers.

Did you not listen to the dialogue? The Wings of Pegasus are all old and unreliable, so Pit doesn't use them. Palutena's still the one flinging him around when you're using the sacred treasures.

The Everlasting said:
Kratos is Massively Hypersonic+.
Pit's FTL+ speed is only in travel speed.
Exactly.

This is why I'm suggesting using that travel speed and some clever tactics instead of trying to attack Kratos in a more conventional way.

The plan of action is Pit flying at Kratos (Travel speed), grabbing him, and dropping him off in orbit.

Kratos is far too tough for a direct attack and overwhelming onslaughts are impossible, but Pit's travel speed eclipses Kratos' by so much that flying him into space and letting him suffocate seems like a successful solution.

As for WarriorWare, the OP said "Kratos with his best weapons vs. Pit with the Sacred Treasures."

That means that Pit has all four of the treasures, and they're presumably in the same condition they were before they were destroyed by Hades. So, Pit can choose one of two things to use.

1. Use the Triad. The Wings, while shaky, certainly were able to hold up for elongated periods of time against both Hades and Medusa without Palutena's assistance for periods of over fve minutes, leaving their age and shakiness an informed trait and nothing more. That appears to be merely the explanation as to why Pit doesn't simply use them all the time. They beat out Palutena's gift of flight. And even if we were give him a more strict and arbitrary timer of, say, fifteen seconds, Pit only needs them for a fraction of a second. All he has to do is make a round-trip to the exosphere, and at the speed of FTL+, that's a cinch.

2. Take the smart and most likely choice, the Great Sacred Gundam Model. No flight restrictions. Goes even faster. A lot bigger and tankier. Easier to grab Kratos with. This is what Pit will likely be using.

I'm suggesting a course of action that takes your "combat speed" suggestion and works around it.

And that's a fallacy to begin with, as mentioned at OBD wiki.

I say Pit takes this one by being so much faster with an outside-the-box tactic that goes off before the foe can even blink.

pits reactions are FTL+ too as he reacted to the lightning chariot but you guys under estimate the fact that one is faster than light and the other isnt even close to that and he has the power to take him down

You claim this as if we actually consider the character this fast, when we don't. This would basically be the same as me saying Roshi wins a match because he's Moon level.

Also, you seriously underestimate the difference between Mountain Level and Island Level. It's the difference between 2 Tsar Bombs and 86 Tsar Bombs.

Question. Does Pit get access to his misc. items such as black hole, mega laser, reflector and such?

The Everlasting said:
Flying speed =/= combat speed. Why else would we not only say at least FTL+?
i will say pit is a little faster, but kratos has a lot of power. if only pit could have access to the misc. items.

Angry Dummy said:
Pit has a freaking mech.
That's the most pathetic argument I've seen in my entire life.

And WHY do people think that speed can make up for a gigantic power gap when the character has NO HAX?! Crap like this is why people insist Silver beats Mewtwo.

WarriorWare said:
Angry Dummy said:
Pit has a freaking mech.
That's the most pathetic argument I've seen in my entire life.
And WHY do people think that speed can make up for a gigantic power gap when the character has NO HAX?! Crap like this is why people insist Silver beats Mewtwo.

Because we DO have a form of Hax that I haven't seen an answer to: the ability to pick up Kratos and shove him somewhere else (Specifically, a place where Kratos can't breathe and Pit can, outer space).

It's a simple plan, but an unorthodox one.

The plan requires only a few things to be true.

1. Can Pit realistically grab/push against Kratos? Yes, they both move at roughly the same combat speed, so this could happen. The Great Sacred Treasure's greater surface-area also makes it easier to grab/bum-rush the foe. Finally, a favorite tactic of Kratos' when fighting larger enemies is to latch onto his massive opponent with his Blades of Chaos and dismantle the giant's face, so he might accidentally do Pit's job for him.

2. Does Pit have the horsepower to move Kratos around? While Pit's lifting strength on his own is unknown, he's riding around ina mech three times his height that can punch with force great enough to equalize Hades' striking-strength PJ blows. It is undoubtedly a very strong machine, even when its primary focus is to throw as much dakka at the foe as possible. While Kratos can take blows that can destroy islands and still be able to fight, he is not as big, bulky, or heavy as an actual island. He's just a really strong, tough demigod. As such, he probably weighs as much as the average 6'+ tall man would. He likely weighs less than 350 lbs. Therefore, we can say that the Great Sacred Treasure can push, pull, carry, or shove him around without too much trouble.

3. Can Kratos fight back? Kratos can easily manhandle the machine back, rip it apart, and survive anything it can throw at him. However, once Kratos has been grabbed, Pit will be taking off at the mech's maximum speed to drop him off in orbit. Pit can now use his much higher travel speed to clinch this fight, as his. He is going to be flying from the battlefield to space, dropping off Kratos (i.e. let go of him if grabbed, shed the armor he's on if he tried to assault the vehicle that way, just stop moving if slammed into like a bug on a windshield and let physics do the job), and going back. Kratos has to stop Pit before he gets there.

To reiterate, Kratos has to stop a vehicle traveling at least 1,000x faster than he can move, fight, react, or anything (assuming max value of hypersonic+ and lowest possible score for FTL+, giving Kratos as much bias as possible without wank and claiming the Great Sacred Treasure just barely passed for the tier) before it arrives at its destination, which should give him (again, assuming the Great Sacred Treasure is a really cruddy FTL+ at 10x FTL in a best case scenario for the godslayer) approximately 0.12 seconds to realize he's moving and has to smash the thing before he's has flown past the moo.

Plus, he has to attack/react during/survive the turbulence kicked up by going ten times faster than light and then suddenly stopping.

That's looking really sour for him.

4. Can Kratos survive in space or otherwise return to the battlefield? *Skims profile's Powers page*...He can breathe the oxygen in water like a fish. Not helpful in space. He isn't stated to be in his god form by the OP, stating only that he has his whole arsenal of weapons. His wings don't work without wind to fly on. ...

Can't breathe, can't control where he's going, yeah, he's helpless.

He can't latch on to the Great Sacred Treasure again, as it's already gone home.

Pit isn't bothered by going into space, as seen when he flew after the space pirates without a helmet on.

Yep, he's stuck. Even if he didn't have to deal with oxygen issues, he has nothing in his arsenal of weapons to get him out of there.

So, with all of that laid out, this is what it would look like.

Pit is zooming around in the Great Sacred Treasure, bombarding Kratos with lasers and explosions, but the Ghost of Sparta is just shrugging it off. He starts to panic, and then has a brilliant idea. He flies way back, waits as he takes aim, and then slams on the gas pedal, ramming into Kratos at full speed!

Kratos is seeing stars, not expecting his foe to be able to move so fast, and the next thing he knows, the Great Sacred Treasure slams on the brakes, causing him to go sailing off the front of the vehicle at high speeds. He was stilling seeing stars, however. Just not the same kind.

The moment Pit grabs him, Kratos lightly taps Pit, killing him. That's how big the power gap is.

Could Pit even lift Kratos?

Besides, Pit has no FTL feats without Palutena. None. None none none none none. Not even with any Sacred Treasures.

Pikachu942 said:
Gonna agree with the Pit space strategy here, Kratos is way too goddamn slow.
Pit is not faster than light without Palutena. Period. End of story. Doesn't matter what Sacred Treasures he has.

The pit space strategy is a speculation argument. Pit can be a smart fighter but on his record and even in his on game he mostly does everything direct as possible. I'm assuming their in character unless op specifies other wise. Pit on every occasion goes in guns a blazing the moment he realizes his range spam ain't making a dent he's going in for cc and getting the man handling of the lifetime. I'm also going to have to agree pit wasn't FTL without palatena even with the sacred treasures he has no flt feats without palatena.

Why the heck wouldn't he be FTL with the Sacred Treasures? The Wings are equivalent to Palutena's gift of flight and last for as long as he wears them, there's no reason to believe they can't offer the same speed as Palutena. In addition, the Great Sacred Treasure is demonstrated to be far faster and more powerful than the other Sacred Treasures, implying it is an even better thing to use.

He's FTL with the Sacred Treasures, deal with it.

WarriorWare said:
The moment Pit grabs him, Kratos lightly taps Pit, killing him. That's how big the power gap is.

Besides, Pit has no FTL feats without Palutena. None. None none none none none. Not even with any Sacred Treasures.

Kratos has to "tap" Pit while going at speeds he can't fight at. He's far too slow to deal with the strategy.

To repeat, Kratos has to hit something flying at him at anywhere between 10-100 times the speed of light (and he's only Hypersonic+, having never fought something like that).

Minstry has a better point, but even then, Pit might accidentally knock Kratos into orbit by trying to enter into close-combat with him.

Well, I think I'm about done with this thread, personally. I'd like to see more people here who have actually played the games than, say, three.

Angry Dummy said:
WarriorWare said:

Kratos has to "tap" Pit while going at speeds he can't fight at. He's far too slow to deal with the strategy.
To repeat, Kratos has to hit something flying at him at anywhere between 10-100 times the speed of light (and he's only Hypersonic+, having never fought something like that).

Minstry has a better point, but even then, Pit might accidentally knock Kratos into orbit by trying to enter into close-combat with him.

Well, I think I'm about done with this thread, personally. I'd like to see more people here who have actually played the games than, say, three.
Well Kid Icarus for the NES is not really well known iom, I don't think I ever heard people talk about Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters and Kid Icarus Uprising was a major improvement from the other two...but most likely won't get reconized by many people.

Come on, then, post a FTL feat that Pit has going for him without Palutena. Come on, I'm waiting.

Still, given Kratos' massively superior durability, Pit would break his hand if he tried to punch him. Furthermore, Pit doesn't just throw people into space. Bloodlusted =/= Doing whatever you think is the most effective method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back