• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A cop faces a soldier (Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Rolento's army is trying to invade Metro City, but mayor Haggar added a new member to the Police Department, who finds himself in front of the enemy commander.

• Speed is equalized
  • The battle takes place in an urban environment
  • Starting distance is 15 meters
  • Stryker backscales to an unknown degree to 0.086 tons, while Rolento scales to 0.04 tons.

Kurtis Stryker: 7 (EliminatorVenom, Knifeman29, Oleggator, XSOULOFCINDERX, IxaSaga2, MaidRips, Sonicflare9)

Rolento: 1 (N-nani)

Inconclusive: 2 (Armerish, CBslayeR)

rolento-ultra-sf4-character-select-art.png

VRCgOHM.png

Last edited:
Plot twist, Saman downgraded SF and MK to make more SF vs MK fights.

Anyway Rolento have advantage in AP though Stryker can use environment advantage and also use his guns and explosives against Rolento. However Rolento also can use environment for Acrobatics to shorten distance. I'll vote for Rolento since he can shorten distance, have AP adbantage, quite more experienced, plus his combat style is pretty fast.

Also I guess Base Stryker is used.

IIdidn't start the MK downgrade, though.

Stryker might be the one with the AP advantage, we don't really know how much he downscales, but the overall difference between the two shouldn't be enormous.

Yes, base Stryker is used, Revenants are dumb.

Stryker has experience dealing with agile and fast characters before like reptile And mileena

and for experience he also beat Ermac who has the experience of thousands of Different warriors. I think it also includes jerrod who has lead edenia before shao Kahn merged the realms.

He also seems to have a lifting advantage
So up close I think he can hold his own

That is all true, and he indeed has a LS advantage, being with his Class 5 against Rolento's Class 1.

Also yes, Striker has experience with agile characters, and he can pull off some roll and jumps too, although not like the ninjas he fought.

I wouldn't count beating Ermac has being more skilled than thousands of different warriors, Ermac is a kind of a fodder character and lost to several people, including Jacqui, and it's not like all of them have godlike skill that goes beyond the supposed combined might of Ermac's souls.

Also, is yours a vote or just input?

Hmmm...

In AP, I think Stryker might be a bit stronger, but more importantly, has weapons with a much smaller contact area, such as guns, although it really isn't significant enough to be a big factor. He also has a serious advantage in grappling, not only in LS, but skill, as Rolento's fighting style is to keep afar hitting with his staff, and Stryker does very well up-close. Rolento might be smaller, which is good for grappling, but it is a very minor factor compared to everything else. In stamina and toughness, I'd bet on Stryker exclusively because MK characters often deal more debilitating injuries on each other and they keep fighting.

In agility and mobility, Stryker is decent but Rolento is really good. Low-tier as he might be in the bigger context of SF, he is still one of its most mobile fighters, with insane acrobactics that would help him a lot in dodging and moving around.

In actual skill and fight dynamics, this is a very interesting fight. In general, I think Stryker is more skilled, with better H2H skills and using his weaponry better than Rolento does, at least judging from what I've played of MK9 and the SF series. However, the only option Stryker has at a distance is to shoot his gun, and while it might hit a few times, they do not work as it does with normal people, when just shooting the target does the trick. They are both quick enough to avoid bullets, so the gun needs to be used tactically. After that, Rolento has a significant range advantage, with his staff vastly outranging Stryker's and his grenade throws being similar in range to Stryker's own bombs while being thrown in more varied angles and methods. Of course, a range advantage isn't the be all end all on fights between two superhuman characters that really won't be one-shot by each other, even if hit by their foe's strongest weapons on the head or neck, but it is something to keep in mind.

In power versatility, while at first glance Rolento does seem to have the advantage, Stryker actually has most things that Rolento has on his profile, except for the Afterimage Creation, and usually through different mechanics. He can stun enemies as well with the stun gun and flash greandes, explode things as well with his grenades, boost the damage of his attacks with the meter attacks of MK... They are so similar, in fact, that I'll consider them even.

In general I feel like Stryker should win. He feels a bit more skilled, might be stronger and tougher, and has a significant LS advantage. Rolento has a range and mobility advantage, and he also uses his grenades incredibly well, but unless the terrain is skewed to Rolento's favour (Which I will admit, is quite possible. I've played the Final Fight series, and if he fights in a street he knows, he can pull off some incredible bs out of nowhere with his agility), Stryker takes the win in straight fights.

Hmmm...

In AP, I think Stryker might be a bit stronger, but more importantly, has weapons with a much smaller contact area, such as guns, although it really isn't significant enough to be a big factor. He also has a serious advantage in grappling, not only in LS, but skill, as Rolento's fighting style is to keep afar hitting with his staff, and Stryker does very well up-close. Rolento might be smaller, which is good for grappling, but it is a very minor factor compared to everything else. In stamina and toughness, I'd bet on Stryker exclusively because MK characters often deal more debilitating injuries on each other and they keep fighting.

In agility and mobility, Stryker is decent but Rolento is really good. Low-tier as he might be in the bigger context of SF, he is still one of its most mobile fighters, with insane acrobactics that would help him a lot in dodging and moving around.

In actual skill and fight dynamics, this is a very interesting fight. In general, I think Stryker is more skilled, with better H2H skills and using his weaponry better than Rolento does, at least judging from what I've played of MK9 and the SF series. However, the only option Stryker has at a distance is to shoot his gun, and while it might hit a few times, they do not work as it does with normal people, when just shooting the target does the trick. They are both quick enough to avoid bullets, so the gun needs to be used tactically. After that, Rolento has a significant range advantage, with his staff vastly outranging Stryker's and his grenade throws being similar in range to Stryker's own bombs while being thrown in more varied angles and methods. Of course, a range advantage isn't the be all end all on fights between two superhuman characters that really won't be one-shot by each other, even if hit by their foe's strongest weapons on the head or neck, but it is something to keep in mind.

In power versatility, while at first glance Rolento does seem to have the advantage, Stryker actually has most things that Rolento has on his profile, except for the Afterimage Creation, and usually through different mechanics. He can stun enemies as well with the stun gun and flash greandes, explode things as well with his grenades, boost the damage of his attacks with the meter attacks of MK... They are so similar, in fact, that I'll consider them even.

In general I feel like Stryker should win. He feels a bit more skilled, might be stronger and tougher, and has a significant LS advantage. Rolento has a range and mobility advantage, and he also uses his grenades incredibly well, but unless the terrain is skewed to Rolento's favour (Which I will admit, is quite possible. I've played the Final Fight series, and if he fights in a street he knows, he can pull off some incredible bs out of nowhere with his agility), Stryker takes the win in straight fights.
This argument was very good, so the OP can eliminate my vote please.

Stryker has experience dealing with agile and fast characters before like reptile And mileena

and for experience he also beat Ermac who has the experience of thousands of Different warriors. I think it also includes jerrod who has lead edenia before shao Kahn merged the realms.

He also seems to have a lifting advantage
So up close I think he can hold his own
I mean, considering the experience feats of Rolento, Rolento still seems more experienced, Ermac indeed have experience of thousands warriors but few things still to consider, that Stryker doesn't gain that experience via beating someone and well, what Saman said, Ermac lost pretty many times and feels like a fodder (seems also same to Baraka and Reptile tbh). The other quote I feel is good to use in that case "Don't fear opponent who know 100 techniques, fear opponent who mastered one" (Iirc from Bruce Lee. A good quote for persons that constantly use one move in fighting game.).

Now I should read all Eliminator's analysis, but still.

Hmmm...

Appears as pretty close, though I would still lead towards Rolento in experience, at least by given Rolento feats in profile, Rolento seems pretty well tactical, what gives to him more in mobility advantage is mentioned Afterimage creation, which makes harder for Stryker to use ranged attacks and actually makes a difficulty for Stryker in H2H also.

What's more is the fact that they're in Urban area and well you mentioned Final Fight stuff which Rolento can use, and since Final Fight takes place in urban city and this battle takes place in Urban city, it's likely that Rolento would find a item to use.

Then again looking at all stuff it appears to me we should compare their experience intelligence feats which is main factor of the fact imo.

Then again looking at all stuff it appears to me we should compare their experience intelligence feats which is main factor of the fact imo.
In 1v1 skill, we know that Rolento fought Guy, Cody and Haggar in the first FF but lost. He then fought Haggar, Maki and Carlos in the second game, but lost again.
In the SF Alpha series, which is still kind of blurry to what actually happened and not, he fought Rolento and Cody once again, the outcome is weird to decide, always because of the canonicity problems.
In SF4 he defeated one of the Seths.
He also has many years of experience in the army, having been a red beret first, then a gang member and eventually led his own army with decent success.

Stryker defeated Reptile, Mileena, Ermac and Kintaro in MK9, then he went against some fodder cyborg ninjas.
He has at least a decade of experience in the SWAT and is described as one of New York's finest policemen, and was decorated for accomplishing feats such as single-handedly thwart a group of terrorists and save people from a bus that was about to explode.

It might be worthy to notice that Rolento has likely fought the FF protagonists all together, I didn't specify it before because in my mind it was obvious, but for external people it might not be so.

The lore of the games supposedly dictates that all three characters embark the journey to vanquish the gang of the week, but we don't know if they split or stay together for the entire time.
It's not really a matter of single or multi player, them joining forces is the plot of all three games.

On another note, I think Stryker might have a stamina advantage, MK people are often showed entering multiple battles in quick succession (it sometimes happens even in SF, but not so often), and Stryker met the four aforementioned opponents in period of some hours at most.

The lore of the games supposedly dictates that all three characters embark the journey to vanquish the gang of the week, but we don't know if they split or stay together for the entire time.
It's not really a matter of single or multi player, them joining forces is the plot of all three games.
The comics seemed to imply that, at times they fought alone in different fronts, at times they went together.

I know the comics are separate from the games, but that's an aspect that I think it's fine to apply as canon overall.

I wouldn't be so sure, though, the comics came out something like 25+ years after the games and they weren't written by the same people who made the games. Adding the fact that they aren't canon, we don't really know how things were really intended to happen.

It's still a possibility, but imho, it's the more unlikely of the two, given that the games always have a set path.

Honestly.... I'm going with Rolento.

Stryker can be very reliant on his mobility, rolling around and zoning, Rolento combats that kind of fighting style by doing it far more effectively. His staff is much longer than the batons and I'd say Rolento has fought the more formidable opponents here. The FF cast are no joke and the seth clone (while weaker than the Seth) is more impressive than anything Stryker has fought skill wise. In fact, the Reptile fight could be a good showing but it pales in comparison to FF/SF. Stryker may spam the bombs and the shooting but Rolento does it more efficiently, he puts you in the corner and strings you up... and then spams bombs. Rolento has fought people much stronger than himself so Strykers brutality wouldn't hurt his chances of still gaining the advantage. Also spinning his staff like they both do is much harder for Rolento who has more military experience than Stryker, he's just riot control. If this fight does take place in a street, then rolento might double his wincons since Stryker never used the enviroment (pre MKX) and rolento has displayed far more expertise in exploiting the environment. I think the only thing Stryker has is LS and AP (maybe?) he has a taser as well though Stryker can still be stunned by SF mechanics. I don't think Stryker has an answer for mines, note on their pages Stryker uses explosives, Rolento has Explosion manipulation

I'm voting Rolento

Also spinning his staff like they both do is much harder for Rolento who has more military experience than Stryker, he's just riot control.
I really like your argument and points, but I'll note that military isn't automatically superior to policemen or riot control, especially someone who's an elite of the elite like Stryker. Assuming that they are all equally dedicated to the job, a miltiary infantryman, a cop and a riot control agent have their specialties and some fields that would cross over.

In fact, as far as I have researched, policemen and riot control agents tend to have more melee combat experience and training than infantrymen, for the simple fact that policemen need to subdue people nonlethally in close-range situations far more often than military, who are more focused on tactics, discipline and other such affairs.

That aside, your argument was excellent, and it ought to be considered before anyone voted for Stryker or Rolento.

As much as SWAT is indeed a group for riot control, they also have to deal with counter terrorism which involves actual fighting with armed opponents. Which is evident in Stryker's MK9 bio (those feats are actually movie references but it sounded pretty serious with the context) and his first few cutscenes in MK9 where he has to assist the Army in holding back the Outworld invasion. So the riot control point is mooooooot

I still think Rolento to has the skill advantage but I do see what you're saying, a riot of outworlders is much different than mad gear gang.

Also, does Rolento have "summoning" cuz of his goons? They only appear in taunts and supers but maybe in real fight they'd be more useful?

The switching of votes, arguments and basically situation on this fight, each moment is basically turns into ace attorney case and genuinely funny to me, I can say.

Also, does Rolento have "summoning" cuz of his goons? They only appear in taunts and supers but maybe in real fight they'd be more useful?
I guess it should be, preparation or social influence(?)

Since the debate is still going on, grace is halted for the moment.

I actually forgot Rolento summons a minion with Take no Prisoner, but I don't kknow if we can assume they actually help him in battle other than holding the caught opponent.

They actually can be helpful.

Considering almost equal skill and what both throw at each other, minions can be helpful enough to keep Stryker off track.

If that minion stuff is combat applicable and useful in combat I'll probably switch my vote to Rolento.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back