• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Drug Addict Fights A Smol Plant

Brad Armstrong
Drug Addict

406Budew DP anime 2
Smol Plant

Speed Equalized
Brad is in Faliure/EoG but can use all his abilities.

Takes place in the Wasteland.

No clouds.

Brad takes this. He has so much stamina it's riduclous, has fire manipulation, can take anything Budew can throw at him and more, is on a much higher end of wall level, not to mention Joy.

Brad: 2

Budew: 0

I should probably remind people Budew can paralyze with Stun Spore and weaken fire with Water Sport.

@Noah

I know that.... all I'm saying is that nobody (besides you with the stamina and higher end of wall) has taken account of all other factors such as Budew's absorbtsion healing, stat amping and staus aliments or Brad's regen, martial arts, and breserk mode.

Unless F0rZ3RO or Numbers gives a better explanation, then their votes don't count... for now.

Brad: 1

Budew: 0

@TheNeolancer

If Brad sets Budew on fire, it would be like using will-o-wisp, which isn't affected by water spout. So they votes can count.

AidenBrooks999 said:
@TheNeolancer
If Brad sets Budew on fire, it would be like using will-o-wisp, which isn't affected by water spout. So they votes can count.
I thought you can't do verse equalization like that.

Well, if want to use the logic that Brad can't set Budew on fire because of him spouting water, pretty we can see Brad setting fire (aka burning him) as the use of will o wisp

AidenBrooks999 said:
Well, if want to use the logic that Brad can't set Budew on fire because of him spouting water, pretty we can see Brad setting fire (aka burning him) as the use of will o wisp
No what I mean is it's not like Will-o-wisp. It's more like flamethower w/out 10% burn chance in a way.

And?

It would be like a 100% chance to burn flamethrower, so even if weakened in power, Brad would still burn Budew to death.

AidenBrooks999 said:
And?
It would be like a 100% chance to burn flamethrower, so even if weakened in power, Brad would still burn Budew to death.
... listen if you're gonna support Buddy, at least use more reasons. That's all I ask.

A damp plant is considerably harder to set alight than a dry plant. Budew using Water Sport, soaks either itself, or the battlefield, according to descriptions; Soaking the battlefield is in the move's description in Sun/Moon.

Also, unless you mean to say that he's guaranteed to set Budew aflame, Will-O-Wisp is a strange comparison, since it's often described as sinister & its name refers to a not exactly type of normal flame . In English, or Japanese .

But yes, Budew, like most any Grass-type Pokemon would take more damage from Fire-type moves. Going by game mechanics (Since, unreliable as they are, there's little other metric to measure effectiveness by; Among many other variables, we don't exactly know what Budew's made of, & I'm not sure we all know the causes, components, etc. of Brad's flames.), Water Sport should halve the damage of the flames to Budew.

That said, even with him being an insane Joy Mutant to be, which might alter or hinder his decision-making process, I'm not sure his first resort to killing an 8-inch plant would be flames as opposed to maybe just stomping on it.

SBA states that unless the OP dictates otherwise the participants are In-Character & Willing to Kill at least.

Not knowing him well, there's the possibility that even if he is willing to kill it, he might consider the small, smiling plant a hallucination -that he wants to kill anyway- or 8 inches tall.... But then again, SBA states that unless the OP dictates otherwise the participants are In-Character & Willing to Kill at least.

Supposedly, Brad is on a much higher end of Wall Level, too, which could be an advantage. Even without doing double damage, having higher AP & Durability & the range of Fire attacks can help, especially before Water Sport is in effect.

I think it might help if someone found & posted the calcs Budew & Brad are scaled to, so that we know just where exactly on Wall Level they stand; According to our Attack Potency page, the strongest Wall Level character is 4194x stronger than the weakest Wall Level character.

But I'm assuming they are on a comparable level; There's not much point to debating a stomp, & I just know that Brad is supposedly higher by some amount.

That said, its possible Budew could provide Brad with some challenge. First up, some of its Pokedex entries .

Pearl It lives alongside clear ponds. It scatters pollen that induces harsh sneezing and runny noses.
Black 2 Sensitive to changing temperatures, the bud blooms when it's warm, releasing toxic pollen.
White 2

So at the very least, we know it releases toxic pollen from its bud, but especially when it's warm, such as from the seasons changing from Winter to the warmer Spring. So it releasing this pollen probably isn't unlikely if it's nice enough water on the day of this strange fight to the death.

It's a minor factor, but there's also the possibility of watery eyes impairing Brad's vision after sneezing. Nevermind possible Joy hallucinations or vision impairment if he's drunk.

The other matter is again, weather related. While I don't think Natural Cure would be relevant, Leaf Guard would prevent statuses -like Burn, which is probably the only one Budew has a risk of being afflicted by here- during heavy sunlight.

I'm unsure if our assumption is that Pokemon in Vs Battles have only 1 ability at a time, but in the event that that's the case, Poison Point is the most relevant; It has a possibility of Poisoning Brad every time he makes physical contact with Budew.

By Game Mechanics, the odds are 30%. In the context of the match, it's still pretty likely Poison Point will trigger, because many of Brad's techniques are forms of physical assault or martial arts. Punches, kicks, tackles & headbutts, to be more clear. He has very little range outside of Fireball & Fire Blast.

With a considerably likelihood of poisoning, & likely inflicting sneezing & a runny nose on our drug addicted alcoholic, Brad's stamina might be taxed & he'd certainly be suffering if the match goes on, but according to his page, he killed 28 foes comparable to his weaker, base but still Wall-Level form.

Brad might take a while to go down....

Budew can also use Stun Spore. Unlike a Pokemon, it's perfectly possible for a human to be Paralyzed & Poisoned at the same time. If Stun Spore hit, the about 1-in-4 chance of Brad not being able to move every so often could definitely give Budew some opportunities.

Worry Seed should replace 1 of Brad's passive abilities with Insomnia.... But being unable to fall asleep is the least of his concerns, & I'm unsure what, if anything, Brad has that counts as a passive ability. His Berserk Mode? His Regenerationn, the extent of which is unknown according to his page on our own wiki?

Budew can also increase its AP via Growth, which especially helps with Absorb & Giga Drain, which will allow it to both damage Brad & drain damage proportionally to how much it hurts Brad.

Meanwhile, Brad also can amp his stats via taking Joy.

As a note, our Wiki often treats Pokemon as receiving attacks as though they have Pokemon types, although, non-Pokemon receiving attacks from Pokemon will not have Pokemon types. That is to say, Fireball would probably hit Budew as though it were a Fire-type attack, but there's no reason that if a Fighting-type or Psychic-type attack hit Brad, that it would get "Not-Very Effective", "Super-Effective", "Doesn't Affect" or other such result; Brad doesn't have a Pokemon type.

Although Budew is a Grass/Poison-Type & Poison actually resists Fighting.... I doubt it would matter much here. A flurry of punches , a Tackle, a Headbutt.... Other than his Fire-attacks, for obvious reasons, Flying Dropkick -which would more likely be a Fighting-type move, if anything, for being kicking, or neutral as a Flying/Fighting move, MAYBE- & Surprise Attack (Dark, for a few reasons, & likely irrelevant; I think Brad would try to "kick a plant in the groin" the same way he'd kick any other plant.) most would likely hit "neutrally".

Ultimately, Brad supposedly has the better AP/SS/Durability, but by how much, I don't know, he might resort to Joy -if he can still use it in this form, which I'd assume he can- to further boost his stats, if temporarily, & when Water Sport isn't in effect -the times between which could be long- he has some fairly effective fire attacks.

However, Budew's pollen can cause sneezing -which besides being distracting & a source of combat opportunities for Budew, could cause watery eyes, impairing Brad's vision- its pollen & Poison Point can Poison him. Stun Spore's Paralysis could make him sometimes unable to move, Growth can raise its AP, & Absorb & Mega Drain both allow it to drain health from Brad. Worry Seed may also have some potential use.

I'm not sure who to vote for without knowing the calcs each of these 2 characters are scaled to on this Wiki, so I won't vote for now.

I feel the difference could be important, & in the long term, Budew has several advantages like being able to heal itself & draining Brad, with poison, & a bit of health impairment. But in the short term, Brad has a fair bit of offensive presence & durability. I just don't know if it's good enough.

Hopefully this helps & was good input to this thread. Pardon all the words, please.

TheNeolancer said:
Holy shit, Imaginym.
Anyway, SBA automatcially puts them into Willing to Kill.
Yeah, sorry about all the words, hopefully you can forgive my verbosity. Also.... Didn't I already say that?

"SBA states that unless the OP dictates otherwise the participants are In-Character & Willing to Kill at least."

Back