• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A flame that reaches 100 billion degrees Celsius gains what destructive level?

A flame that reaches 100 billion degrees Celsius gains what destructive level? As far as I know Yamamoto gets Multi-Continental for having flames that reach the surface temperature of the sun

The temperature alone doesn't warrant a tier, heat capacity and mass also need to be taken into account. And durability required to survive it may not be as impressive via thermal equilibrium.

The temperature alone doesn't warrant a tier, heat capacity and mass also need to be taken into account. And durability required to survive it may not be as impressive via thermal equilibrium.
It has no mass, the protagonist only manipulates a flame that reaches temperatures exceeding 100 billion degrees, he mentions that only the light of this flame already reaches hundreds of millions of degrees, and that this flame could burn an entire palace, so much so that he had to create a barrier around himself so the flame wouldn't burn anything

A quick search says that 1 degree celcius is 1899.1005 joules, which would come out to 45 kilotons of tnt.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. AFAIK the 8-A dura required to tank the Sun's core came mostly from the insane gravity and pressure, not necessarily heat.

I do remember Johnny Storm's supernova feat in the comics being calc'd at 5-B tho.

If you're radiating the heat you can use stefan boltzman's law (or whatever its called that aT^4 jazz) albeit you'll have to correct for it being an unideal radiator.

If you're radiating the heat you can use stefan boltzman's law (or whatever its called that aT^4 jazz) albeit you'll have to correct for it being an unideal radiator.
The unideal radiator? The heck's that?

Unfortunately it's not that simple. AFAIK the 8-A dura required to tank the Sun's core came mostly from the insane gravity and pressure, not necessarily heat.

I do remember Johnny Storm's supernova feat in the comics being calc'd at 5-B tho.
Actually, if you're talking about the 8-A+ durability calculation, it's actually the thermal equilibrium of a human body being heated to the sun's core at 15000000 degrees C. The force and gravity could be calculated, but not sure if that was ever done.

I remember seeing a video made by some Japanese guy that said if it were real life Zetton’s 1 trillion degree fireball can instantly vaporize the solar system or something and the results of his calc was somewhere around High 4-C. Which does support the fact that Zetton is stated multiple times to be able to destroy the solar system. So I guess 100 billion degree would also be somewhere in the tier 4 range?

Ah right exponents and all that would mean 100 billion degree is potentially much less than even 4-C or Low 4-C in comparison to High 4-C at 1 trillion degree

Kinda curious. Roughly what tier would 100 trillion degrees get using that formula? Like I seem to recall the Big Bang (3-A) being 1000 trillion (1 quadrillion) degree. So I’m guessing 100 trillion would probably be something around like 3-B right?

Kinda curious. Roughly what tier would 100 trillion degrees get using that formula? Like I seem to recall the Big Bang (3-A) being 1000 trillion (1 quadrillion) degree. So I’m guessing 100 trillion would probably be something around like 3-B right?
It depends again how you calc it, using SB Law with area*sigma*T^4 (sigma in mks is ~10^-8) we still would need an area being radiated, and then we need a radiation efficiency term. it could range from anywhere in lower tier 5 or lower through tier 4 or higher

Back