• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Naruto calc re-surfacing

TataHakai

VS Battles
Retired
Alright so i made this calc a while back, like months ago and originally i accepted Kep's counter argument that we use 1 minute as an assumed timeframe here, that's fine by me but only if we apply it all across the board, using 1 minute for some series then using 10 seconds for another in essentially the same context makes no sense and seems biased.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TataHakai/Naruto_and_Sasuke_create_a_Moon_(Revised)

Kep is still against the calc since he wants to use 1 minute as a timeframe, but the feat essentially happened in a single page of no dialogue

Here's the pages, page 9 the moon is still only 100 or so meters above them, page 10 the moon is 2000 kilometers away

I would like more of your opinions on this, since using even 30 seconds would be an upgrade to the verse, since 5-30 seconds makes most sense in this case.

Here's what our calculation page says on the matter

"If it was a very quick feat, assume 1 second. If it was longer, 1 minute to upwards to 10 minutes can work. Go with whatever makes the most sense in the context of the feat. Once you have this time, convert whatever value you have into seconds."

So we should use what makes sense for a feat that happened in the space of 1 page with no dialogue, which in my opinion obviously isn't 1 minute.

The result is potentially superior because according to kakashi and the decor, the chibaku tensei continues to grow

What I dont understand. Why has the "Moon" just moved such a short distance from the ground?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1W27a_sLb...hZvlcgPITyJ9Yjvw7duEZACHM/s16000/0690-010.png

Here, its simply a couple hundred meters above the ground.

And here on the following pictures its still very close to the ground, as we can see the Biju in the direct proximy.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eJm6ryQLd...Tug4cryrfbpMoX88bzi6EwCHM/s16000/0690-013.png

-

That doesnt strike me as 2.000 Kilometer. More like some 100 meters, in that short time. Can someone with more knowledge give some intel on the matter?

-

As for the timeframe: 1 Minute sure doesnt seem reasonable tho. Using something between 5-30 seconds appears to be more valid.

So in the 5 seconds it moved up 2000 Kilometer then moved down 2000 KM and before it hit the ground again....what happened exactly?

RavenSupreme said:
So in the 5 seconds it moved up 2000 Kilometer then moved down 2000 KM and before it hit the ground again....what happened exactly?
it didn't take 5 seconds for it to move up and down, naruto and co were conversing after the sealing was finished at which point the moon likely began to fall back down due to the gravitational effects of Kaguya's planet

It took 5-30 seconds for it to be forced 2000 kilometers away, after that the moon goes out of frame and only comes back in around 2-3 pages of dialogue later when we see it in that page you posted, i'm not really sure what's happening there but it's the best guess i can make.

I agree with this but I think we need to also understand that Authors don't always want to draw something in real time and can skip some stuff to further the story as in the manga they have a limited amount of pages to convey something and move the story. its sort of like manga page cineamtic timing? ... (cant think of a way to describe it)

so while I do agree with 1 min being long I don't think it should be anything like 5 seconds or even 10.

I do think 30 seconds is fair assumption though

RavenSupreme said:
I think this likely a very artistic flaw... authors drawing inconcsistent is pretty much a given in long running manga like these

RavenSupreme said:
Another option is that it had not even travelled the entire 2000KM distance in the first place.
It proves a very fast timeframe, yes. But it also heavily contradicts the it having moved 2000 KM up and then being pulled back in.
The distance is literally comparable to the size of the moon in that picture which is comparable to the size of our moon, the pages before show the moon forming and page 10 shows it being blasted into the sky, just like Hagoromo did the first time around, he compeletes the jutsu first then moves it to the sky.

Specifically talking about timeframe, some guy gets caught by one of the rocks (?) on page 9, and then it gets launched into the sky. I might assume that 30 seconds could be a good timeframe, not too sure about distance.

Zanybrainy2000 said:
Specifically talking about timeframe, some guy gets caught by one of the rocks (?) on page 9, and then it gets launched into the sky. I might assume that 30 seconds could be a good timeframe, not too sure about distance.
you mean where Naruto throw Black Zetsu on to that moon im sure of it.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Calculations_Introduction_and_References

"If so use this. If not and there is no other way to determine speed, you will need to assume a time frame. If it was a very quick feat, assume 1 second. If it was longer, 1 minute to upwards to 10 minutes can work. Go with whatever makes the most sense in the context of the feat."

1. Our regulations on the matter suggest 1 minute for an unquantifiably fast feat.

2. The dust cloud not having settled proves nothing in regards to the timeframe. A race car is able to kick up a cloud of dust so thick it takes over 30 seconds to vanish. We're talking about a dust cloud 100+ meters in height, and easily 50+ in width. It can take several minutes to settle.

3. You are confusing one minute with ten. One minute is not long at all. It passes by extremely fast to someone who isn't literally counting the seconds, and Naruto certainly wasn't.

The argument that Naruto's arm was "in the same position as before" also doesn't hold any water; of course it will be in the same place if he wants to use Chibaku Tensei properly, regardless of timeframe.

4. We know for a fact that Chibaku Tensei took a dozen seconds or more to even reach the 10km mark just by scrolling through the pages. Arguing ten seconds for 2000km is ridiculous.

Overall, there is no reason to use 10 seconds. The standard timeframe here takes priority, and that is 1 minute.

The debris over all the entire chapter not having fallen is a clear indicator of this not being 60 seconds.

Dust is one thing. But pieces of rocks dont need that amount of time to fall down.

So, what is your proof that this random debris is the same as the debris from 5+ pages ago instead of different pieces that are falling as the CT reaches the atmosphere?

It doesnt make sense for naruto to keep his arm like that. Why because later we see that Hagoromo was the one who completed the sealing when he closed both of his hands

Even if they are different debris. A regular run of the mill 1kg piece of debris falling from 2000 Meter needs barely 20 seconds. In this case debris already started to fall when the entire thing was still on its way to even reach 2000 meter. Meaning chunks of debris falling at the beginning or during the rise - the max they could need is the aforementioned 20 seconds.

As such using 10-20 seconds is fair game.

Additional to the body pose of Naruto indicating a similar thing.

The CT is 2000 kilometers up by that time. Ignoring scaling altogether and assuming, super generously, that the rocks waaay below are falling from 50km

• sqrt(2*50000/9.80665) = 100.9 seconds.
Naruto's body pose doesn't prove anything, as I've already detailed.

People acting like 1 minute is 10 minutes when it's extremely short unless you're counting seconds

10-5 seconds

even I think that's way to fast of a time frame

but I still stand by the fact that 30 seconds is fair

assuming Naruto was staring at the CT and in thought (Perhaps having a flashback)

Yeha turns out I have used 2000 M instead of KM. As such the freefall time was shorter than it actually is.

@Shadow

60 seconds is the standard timeframe in our rules unless something indicates otherwise

Naruto simply staring at a CT for a min seems a bit silly

but I won't argue against anyone who actually knows something about calcs

I mean yeah but it depends on the context of what you're doing

1 min is short if I went to go fetch something on the outskirts of my house and back in a span of a min

but

let's say me taking a minute to put my phone on charge, the charger being right next to me . that would be silly though

I wasn't specifically talking about Naruto just saying that "1 min is pretty short" thing relies on context

hence why i disagreed 5-10 second timeframe

Kep i'd agree with 1 minute if we applied that all across the board, but we don't, it'd be biased for us to pick and choose which series we apply it to so.

is this about Bleach? if so

I'm pretty sure that's different as it involves dodging

which requires the user to have moved in a short time

Back