• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new editing rule?

I was partially doing that from times to time. Though it may be hard to enforce, I guess this would probably still be good.

Well, it would obviously take a while until it catches on, but it might still help us out in the long run.

This is a smart idea and I will make sure to remember to do this whenever I can personally. It'd be a good policy as well. However I don't think not doing this should be worth a warning or ban, just a simple reminder to do so.

Important stat changes without a proper revision threads should still be worth warnings or bans. Simply forgetting to link to the proper revision thread shouldn't be. Of course it'd be best if people remembered though.

I agree with Ryukama.

Does anybody have a suggestion for how to appropriately word the regilation?

"When revising profiles after a Content Revision thread, preferably link to that thread within your edit summary".

"Also, please remember to link to concluded Content Revision threads in the edit summary when revising a statistic in order to avoid any potential misunderstadings, such as a staff member confusing the revisions with vandalism."

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ryu.

If the changes are small, they can probably be added. It'd be best to wait for input or ask for it otherwise.

Maybe something like this?

"When you are revising character statistics, please remember to provide links to the related concluded content revision threads in the edit summary boxes. It greatly helps to avoid misunderstandings when the staff are patrolling edits, as they might mistake the changes for vandalism otherwise."

Okay. I will add it then.

Looks fine. For the record, if someone has to do it on phone (adding the link to the thread) it's possible to do it by viewing the history, comparing the two latest revisions, then pressing the edit button.

This way it's possible to add a summary which is normally impossible on phone.

Okay, but mass-editing profiles should preferably be done with the standard browser layout mode.

Sure. I was only explaining that it's possible to write the summary even on phone given that I know that there are people (such as myself) who mostly use phones to visit the wiki

Okay, no problem, but it is possible to select a standard browsing mode on the phone as well. Or at least I can do so.

I also agree since users and Admins can understand why the char. was upgraded or downgraded.

While it is a good idea, it's gonna be a bit hard for us to remember to do that for every edited profile from here on out, especially if it's a massive revision.

Well, it is a good suggestion to strive towards in any case.

If the profile statistics are based on a content revision thread discussion, a link should preferably be displayed in the edit summary, yes.

Darkmon cns said:
Would this apply to new profiles? Do you need to ask to make a profile and link to that?
As Antvasima said, if the profile was needed to be made due to ongoing revisions and power-scaling issues (such as how I needed to make this profile to resolve some scaling issues in Star Wars canon), then a link to the revision thread would be a good idea. Instead of just copying and pasting the entire link, another idea is to just write Thread:XXXXXXX (replace the Xs with the thread number) in the edit summary box.

But what if it wasn't? And your just making something new? Do you need to say your just making a new profile or run the risk of being warned for editing with out a revision thread?.

Probably not warned. This is just a strong suggestion to make the staff's work easier.

@Ant That wasn't the point of the question I just ment if your only making a new page to add something to the wiki that didn't have a thread would you need to say that it's just new in the summary?

Well, you can still write an explanation if it is appropriate.

Back