• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Perfect Fit: Slayer of Dragons fights a Real Dragon

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Such a perfect match just look at the tiers oml.

The Hunter discovers a new Elder Dragon, THE Drago. This nameless beast has been bending reality around itself. Time to put an end to it... or not.

We'll use 6-A keys because those never get love. Speed equalized, fight takes place in Cainhurst Castle.

Who wins and why?

Monster Hunter:

Monster:

Incon:

Oh, interesting, although the issue with The Dragon is that it lacks of imagination to warp reality (it would need the help of the Writter to do it properly). By the way, is the Hunter capable to damage energy? Its the only way to damage the Dragon (unless possesses superior existential energy).

Yes, actually, which further proves this is a ******* perfect match 19/10. The Hunter's 6-A key is 6-A for fighting Xeno'jiiva, a dragon composed purely of energy and born from the bio-energy of the New World.

I see. Unfortunately for me the Dragon lacks of official profile, however it is the father of Jonathan Kappel (kinda) so it has all its powers (minus maybe teleportation, but is a lazy dragon so is possible that it just do not use it). If the Dragon do not counts with the help of the Writer then the versatility of its Reality Warping power is reduced, so most likely just summon other creatures and negate one or another event.

How good are its summons? Hunter's best thing is power null of biological/magical abilities through Elderseal.

Power of the Dragon vary from manipulation the life of other to create other bengs, but the most simple power would be summoning fantasy creatures (considering that do not have the Writer at it side to be helped). Take this power of Kappel as reference: This is undoubtedly the most strange and unique supernatural ability to Kappel, the ability to summon and control not only "real" supernatural creatures that exist in the world, but also fantasy creatures. His power allows him to "call" imaginary beings, invented creatures that have not even really existed in the world, only in the imagination of people. Therefore, Kappel is always able to summon beings that fit perfectly in his needs at all times, a virtually unlimited list of entities. This ability does not allow him to "call" creatures with Gnosis equal or superior to Kappel's.

So basically he can summon imaginary creatures as he pleases. That's... kinda a neat shtick. A good coverall.

Monster Hunter should realistically be able to deal with most creatures but I have a good question. Does Dragon have a soul (or, more accurately, is there any reason to assume it wouldn't have one)? I sorta temporarily forgot that Hunter's better weapons destroy a target's soul.

Aeons has souls although they works kinda different than the conventional ones, for example the closer they are to the Flow of Souls (dying I mean) the more power they can takes from it; the Dragon is not invulnerable to Soul Manipulation, but naturally is resistent to it, and just like Rudraskha (another Aeon) it possesses an Existential Barrier, that prevent to be oneshotted unless the attack is caused by someone of higher gnosis.

Okay so the soul thing will help but not do a ton

In 6-A tier what AP does it scale to?

Its three levels above Ergo Mundus, that is one level above Omega (Anima: Beyond Fantasy) that is strongernthan Sigma, it has no level but it was a meteorite that was going to erradicate all life in Gaia.

For other references, one lv 16 is enough to partially stomp one lv 14 and 2 lv 13; and Lazarus (lv 20) stomped one lv 16, one lv 14 and 2 lv 13 with not even trying.

So

Nigh-baseline, then

With lacks of numbers guess you can assume so, shame that I can't find a way to scale to Arcane spells (can't relate much gameplay to lore).

So AP is even. Dragon's best things are...

• Summons with powers that can fill certain niches, though I'm not sure how NLF-y this can get
  • Event Negation, but this is also vague but could prevent or stave off its death
  • Range
Whereas Hunter's best things are...

• Soul destroying, though I guess this only sorta-kinda works
  • Sleep hax, paralysis hax, etc
  • Stealthy lads
  • Instinctive reaction is a situational ability but could prove very useful

Take into account that the Dragon is at least as big as a Dragon of Gaira, so not sure how a stealth attack could go on. As for event negation, its just a better type of Kappel's, so it can go from ignoring attacks, prevents someone death, or any other complexe event; naturally, it can't negate its own death (afaik), but it can negate injuries.

Okay. So event negation isn't immensely NLF-y I guess. And... you could pretty easily stealth onto a larger creature.

bumping for lumps

bumping for lumps II: the lumpening of Lady Maria

Back