• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about Durability ?

If character A takes a full power point blank attack from character B and is a bit bloodied up and knocked down but is conscious and able to both speak and get up and continue fighting without being all that affected by it then should he scale to B's AP ?

Some people on the wiki are arguing that to scale to a character's AP you have to take no cosmetic damage from the attack and be very minimally affected- basically almost no sell it.

Are they right ?

It depends. If the character is not that affected then he should somewhat scale, not completely because he got damaged. However, there are many cases where plot kicks in and characters stand up to fight despite being completely decimated by the attack, in that case they won't scale.

I understand that Durability is the amount of energy one can take and receive moderate damage, so if someone is killed from certain attack in like, two or three strikes, it wouldn't scale. Of course, durability (at least in general) is not a threshold, it can be damaged by weaker attacks and still not die for more powerful ones (reason that i prefer to consider durability as a range rather than a line with an arbitrary range).

Also this wasn't a regular attack, character B put everything he had into it, it was point blank and caught character A by surprise. Definitely beyond his regular attacks.

Welp, that's means than that specific attack have higher AP than its regular one. How much is the difference in overall power and combat between character A and B?

Right now on the wiki character B is rated as 3x as strong and durable as character A which doesn't make sense to me.

And from where does that x3 comes from? It is still possible for character A to kill B, and in what conditions?

Don't forget to mention that B was half-dead when he two-shoted A.

@Antonio he's talking about Sakazuki (Admiral Akainu) (A) and Whitebeard (B). Sakazuki scales to 1/3th Newgate's feat because he blocked one of his attacks helped by his fellows Admiral at the same time.

The thing is, once Newgate went serious he stomped Sakazuki even while being mortally wounded. He lost half of his face and still took Sakazuki out of commision for some minutes.

Sakazuki came back with several injuries in his head, with mos likely his skull fractured.

LordWhis is trying to scale Sakazuki to Newgate despite the clear difference between both to the point that an old, sick and half dead Shirohige can two-shot a healthy Sakazuki.

Kinda misleading since A's attacks was the reason B was half-dead and missing half his face.

I'm just scaling him to the version of B he fought, not some sort of hypothetical perfectly healthy version that we have never seen nor has any feats. (which is not what his profile and current stats are based on anyway)

Nor was he 2-shotted (despite full-power attacks, again these weren't regular punches)

Quit with this head canon skull fractured nonsense.

A didn't stab him by surprise, nor gave him a heart attack nor basically stabbed and shoted him hundreds of times during the fight. He pierced his chest when B had the heart attack and was weakened by it.

The two instances when A harmed B are done through the confirmed Durability Negation quality of his attacks, not because he scale to him.

He took two punches and was out of commision until Shirohige died. He was in no good-shape when he returned to the battlefield, showing that the old man truly did a number on him.

B had the stab and some other injuries when he performed the feat we currently scale him from and honestly if you were to calc the attck he used on A you'd probably get even higher values.

He was absolutely fine, stomping low 6-bs like they were fodder, he was in amazing shape. If he was greatly weakened then the low 6bs he stomped should be downgraded a tier or 2.

Also stop calling them punches, I know they were technically punches but calling them punches amkes them seem like regular punches when they were literally his strongest attacks. Goku can oneshot guys with his kamehameha, we don't call that a one-shot.

Honestly, any disadvantage B had was more than negated by the element of surprise. I honestly don't think he'd have been able to A at all and would have been swiftly killed if he had attacked from the front.

Stop derailing, I'm just getting an opinion on the fact situation not its greater meaning in the verse's scaling.

Note, someone do not need to be stronger than soemone else to one shot it, by knowing how and where to strike one can one shot the other (if is not specially invulnerable or lack of weak points).

No, Whitebeard was fresh when he performed the feat. It's literally the first thing he did.

Squardo stabbed him when the Pacifistas started attacking the pirates from the back, cornering them against the walls, which were lifted long after Kuzan froze the sea which happened after he froze the tsunami.

What are you talking about? Downgrading the Admirals? What?

If they are punches, they are punches. You said it. Calling them that doesn't disqualify the amount of effort or how strong they are. Not like it changes anything but semanthics.

This thread is obviously made with the intention of gathering input to support your Akainu upgrade to 6-B. If you give not all the context you'll obviously get the answer you are looking for, but these people didn't know about the details outside of what you were nitpicking to give them.

Downgrading the yonko commanders.

We do not scale him from that feat, please look at his profile. We scale him from the John Giant feat or at least that's what you once told me.

If he was calced from the tsunami that was frozen that's silly because he performed many more impressive feats such as the one where he shook all the ships and the one with which he hit Akainu.

You once told me that his ap was calced from the quake that was stopped by the admirals.

If it was the tsunami that's silly because his later quakes were a lot bigger and more destructive than the tsunami one (such as the one that shook the ships and the one that destroyed the HQ building) and will certainly give much higher values if properly calced.

it would also mean Aokiji scales since he froze it.

Back