• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about Terumi's Regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yooo, I'm from Comic Vine (don't mind me at all, I'm not just another of those toxic and hater peoples from CV that throw shit about this site and insults. I may not agree with your Tiering System, but that doesn't mean that this site is bad, thanks to you, I get most of the information needed to understand how other verse's abilities works) and I have a doubt about Terumi's Regenerationn.

It's been a while since I've played BB, so I may be asking a very dumb question lol. I've been debating with a user in CV and I found out a very controversal thing. Indeed, Terumi by Self-Observ survived Hakumen's Time Killer, which completely erases you from past, present and future. This is a "High-Godly" Regen according to the rules here.

Terumi stated that Hiihirokane could kill him, because it can directly attack your spirit, but wait a second, shouldn't he be resistant to this type of attack? Cause surviving having your body, soul and mind destroyed, means that you have "Mid-Godly" Regen, and Terumi is "High-Godly" because he can survive being erased by Time Killer, which is a much more stronger "Existence Erasure" than the Cauldron/Boundary's effects. And why Hiihirokane can negate a "High-Godly" regen when it says that it just attack your spirit?

It seems weird, yeah, but it is what it is, really. It's not impossible for a character to negate a certain level of Regenerationn without destroying the person with said regen on a scale that'd normally negate it. In other words, it pretty much just proves that Hihiirokane has High-Godly Regenerationn Negation, and isn't necessarily an inconsistency or anything.

Pretty sure there's a line in one of the extended canon that mentions Terumi getting a scar from getting harmed by Hiihirokane back in the Dark War. But it's not really inconsistent when it's whole purpose makes it difficult for you to regenerate it off. Ars Magus was built to kill the Black Beast and the thing has similar regen levels to Terumi. But its corpse still exists in the planet way after the dark war. Doesn't exactly make it inconsistent when that's how the weapons were built and whole function is in the story.

Not to mention I'm 75% sure that when they're referencing "attacking the spirit" they're talking about his true ghost form since Valkenhayn was unable to hit Terumi in that state back in Calamity Trigger.

Got it, thanks. I'm not very deep in the knowledge about Blazblue though, so sorry if I bothered you with that question, as I've said, it's been like 3 years I've played Central Fiction.

Feel free to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back