• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A rather large potential upgrade for quite a few One Piece Chars..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAizenSama

VS Battles
Retired
So, I was just browsing through the profiles, and we have Luffy as being mach 441 for outspeeding lightning

however, this calc is using the Narutoforums value for lightning, which is 150,000 Metres per second. We use 440,000 Metres per second here as the speed of lightning.

So changing it to our values is 441 x 2.94 which gets us Mach 1284 Gear 2 pre timeskip Luffy..

Sooo, What you guys think?

If the value is indeed that high, I am starting to wonder if Kalifa's feat is really an outlier or not. There's no other feat in part one that comes close to Mach 1000.

LordAizenSama said:
Outlier is one of the things i'm expecting to be debated here, to be honest.
Honestly, I really don't think kalifa or anybody in part 1 is Mach 1000. We should do more speed calcs from part 1 to see if it matches the result consistently

If it doesn't, boom.

That's a good reason why we shouldn't use high end feats from earlier time, inconsistency is widespread and Oda doesn't care about battle scalings (Kuma's airpalm being lightspeed would make Zoro FTL)

I agree with it, and im probably kinda biased, but its basically THE calc from where all the average one piece speed tiers come if im not mistaken.

On the other hand, theres that mach 600 dofflamingo calc...that basically makes him, fuji and law a casual mach 600 or the other calc is an outlier

holy hell O,O if that gets accepted then what kind of speed will that give the admirals and people close to their level?!

Also would that make Luffy faster than Meliodas?

The calc itself will be reevaluated. If the value still remains too high, it might be considered inconsistent and outlier.

I wouldn't call it an outlier but...

I also don't like some of the stuff in that calc.

Since we don't actually see Kalifa move in that scene, it's hard to figure out her speed relative to the lightning. So for sake of getting a number, I will use our lightning speed, his distance of lightning movement and Kalifa's arm length as the distance moved.

Gonna scale Kalifa

Assuming she is post-skip Nami height (170 cm official)
H004
Her height = 785 pixels = 1.7m

Her arm length = 340 pixels = 0.738m

Distance lightning moved = 3.494m

Fraction of lightning speed she moved = 0.211269

Lightning speed = 440,00 m/s

Her speed = 92958.3 m/s = Mach 271

Hmm. CinCameron20 also did a blog for MHS+ Doflamingo, and characters scaled to him, but that was post-timeskip.

Okay then. We should be looking at considerable upgrades to post-timeskip characters in either case then.

Thanks to Alakabamm for redoing this calculation.

Which pages linked to the old version? They should preferably be updated to his upcoming new blog post.

Okay then. Which character pages should have their linked calculation updated?

The method of finding the meteor's speed is calc stacking ,from the calc on narutoforums http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=20065 God Movement found that Doflaming's hands moved 3.6 m (though i'm not entirely sure about that , i will take it as correct) and that the distance between Dof and the meteor was 1.2 m

That would make Doflamingo 3 times faster than the meteor ,real life meteors have a top speed of 72 km/s ,3 times that is 216 km/s or mach 635.

@Kkapoios if you mean the post with the t5 calc, I debated what I thought based on that and eventually used the swiping distance values from God Movement and used Taco's 2000 mach meteor calc to see what the result would be. Obviously, Hypersonic fodder would be an outlier and unlikely, so I used Supersonic fodder (scaling from low tier marine officers pre time-skip, which is very reasonable) and it resulted in Mach 1,440 Doflamingo.

The scaling is from Taco's 2,000 Mach meteor, which is unlikey, but the problem is that the meteorite could NOT be falling at its normal speed as it would make Fujitora's power on it irrelevant when he was clearly shown using his power to pull the meteorites down.

Anyways, I do not support Kalifa being MHS+. She simply reacted to lightning from close range which would make her reactions MHS at best. Her movement and the movement of the lower tier CP9 members are honestly questionable and I'd argue that they are High Hypersonic+ given that they can outspeed Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji.

You can't just use a fictional character's speed in a calc to get a timeframe ,even if the assumption is reasonable (although i doubt that fodders would have such speed since this is traveling speed we are talking about not short brusts or reactions) the method still falls under the category of calc stacking.Just to give you an example ,i can find you Sub-Relativistic Naruto speed.

That's why i used the highest end of meteor speed in real life.

Alright, well, we can just use the former calc for the speed then, which put Doffy at mach 600 something

Well, we should discuss this on my blog post for Doflamingo's speed. But I will say that the meteorites speed being a normal speed is not logical when taking Fujitora's power into account.

Taco suggested that the meteorite would've taken a long time if it fell at 11km/s~72km/s and i agree especially given that the meteorite's distance was already 136+km away from the beach by the time everyone reacted to it.

Antvasima said:
Thanks to Alakabamm for redoing this calculation.
Which pages linked to the old version? They should preferably be updated to his upcoming new blog post.
I did the update to all characters who were scaled

Alright, well, since this is not the thread for MHS+ discussion, I will close it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back