• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Revision Thread For An Obscure Game Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that the Luke Custer's profile page is missing some powers on the Powers and Abilities section

I think it should be like this

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics in beast forms, Martial Arts (is a Special forces soldier, could beat Genome mutants in hand to hand combat) , Transformation (can transform into various beasts) , Statistics Amplification (with his transformations) , Biological Manipulation, Shapeshifting (can transform into beasts and reshape his genetic structure) , Enhanced Senses (in most of his beast forms) , Natural Weaponry (in his beast forms) Adaptation (is able to adapt to survive in any environment) , Berserk Mode (in his beast forms) , Status Effect Inducement (via various attacks in his beast forms) , Underwater Breathing and Self-Sustenance (with the Merman and the U.W.H. form respectively) , Flight (as Garuda, Dragon, and U.W.H forms) , Energy Absorption (Can absorb spirit energy from Genome mutants) , Power Absorption (like Anna, can absorb the DNA of any creature and gain their powers), Light Manipulation, Acrobatics, and Sound Manipulation (in his Werewolf form he's able to imbue light in his claws, gains enhanced jumping power and agility, and his howl can stun low-level monsters) , Water Manipulation (he can attack using water in his Merman form) , Ice Manipulation (in his Wendigo Form) , Fire Manipulation and Statistics Amplification (with his Minotaur form he can attack using fire and can temporarily harden its body into a super armor which can repel even the largest known shells and bombs) , Electricity Manipulation (in his Dragon form) , Earth Manipulation, Petrification, and Paralysis Inducement (in his Bear form he can manifest rocks through his paw, turn enemies into stone with the Stone Breath, and by farting he's able to emit a nerve gas that paralyzes his opponents) , Air Manipulation and Weather Manipulation (in his Garuda form he can attack using wind and create a powerful tornado) , Gravity Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Density Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, and Limited Invisibility (in his U.W.H. form he can control gravity, stop time, when transformed he becomes densiless and can make his opponents become lighter, can flip the arena upside down, and become invisible for a short period) , Darkness Manipulation (in his Weretiger form he uses darkness in his claws to attack his enemies) Resistance to the following: Pain (can sustain extremely painful transformations) , Disease (is immune to the Genome Mist which, mutates anyone who gets near it and even resurrect the dead) , Cold Temperatures (in his Wendigo form) , Extreme Heat (in his Minotaur form) , Paralysis Inducement (as Bear form, can resist his own nerve gas) , Electricity (in Dragon form) , and Gravity Manipulation (in U.W.H form).

What do you guys think ?

Last edited:
I actually planned on going over this verse, looks like someone beat me to it. Everything looks ok in my opinion, however I have two issues..

1. I'm not sure about Invulnerability for the Minotaur, hardening it's body to take less damage sounds more in line with Statistics Amplification.

2. Why dose he get resistance to Paralysis Inducement in bear from and resistance to Electricity Manipulation in dragon form? I can't remember the full game.

I actually planned on going over this verse, looks like someone beat me to it. Everything looks ok in my opinion, however I have two issues..

1. I'm not sure about Invulnerability for the Minotaur, hardening it's body to take less damage sounds more in line with Statistics Amplification.

2. Why dose he get resistance to Paralysis Inducement in bear from and resistance to Electricity Manipulation in dragon form? I can't remember the full game.
Thanks for replying man.

Alright
1 In Minoutaur form he takes lesser damages than other beast forms when hit, and when Minotaur takes hits he does not get knocked down to the ground like other beasts, he also can prevent any damage with the Hardening Skin ability.

2 he gets resistance to Paralysis Inducement by tanking some paralyzing attacks from the enemies (gotta find a gameplay video though) also resistance to Paralysis Inducement is already in his profile as for the Dragon he is able to engulf his whole body with electricity, and be fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying man.

Alright
1 In Minoutaur form he takes lesser damages than other beast forms when hit, and when Minotaur takes hits he does not get knocked down to the ground like other beasts, he also can prevent any damage with the Hardening Skin ability.

2 he gets resistance to Paralysis Inducement by tanking some paralyzing attacks from the enemies (gotta find a gameplay video though) also resistance to Paralysis Inducement is already in his profile as for the Dragon he is able to engulf his whole body with electricity, and be fine.
I see, well if he does take no damage in general when using Hardening Skin then I guess it's fine.

Everything still looks okay to me.

Given the obscure nature of the character, I'll message another staff member to take a look at this for you so you won't be waiting forever.

@DarkDragonMedeus

Could you take a look at the OP and give your thoughts?.

I'm going off LordGriffon's first post. We do have some strict rules about Invulnerability. It's only given to characters who have lore about nulling a character's Attack Potency. And granting a character invulnerability would mean it can be assumed the character can stand up to High 3-A attacks among other things due to this ability. And it's against the standards to also make certain transformations or power ups from certain games granting damage immunity to assume Invulnerability just from those alone. It just seems like statistics amplification.

But the rest of the stuff looks fine.

I'm going off LordGriffon's first post. We do have some strict rules about Invulnerability. It's only given to characters who have lore about nulling a character's Attack Potency. And granting a character invulnerability would mean it can be assumed the character can stand up to High 3-A attacks among other things due to this ability. And it's against the standards to also make certain transformations or power ups from certain games granting damage immunity to assume Invulnerability just from those alone. It just seems like statistics amplification.

But the rest of the stuff looks fine.
Wow, i didn't know that the rules were that strict, so i guess Invulnerability won't make the cut, but just to clarify, the technique that makes him "invulnerable" is the Iron Guard wich allows him to completely ignore any enemy's attack by turning into a solid hunk of steel, to the point that not even the bosses can damage him.

But anyway, thanks for the input man.

I'd say you could go ahead and apply the changes, you have the scans for the needed powers and the others are simple enough.

Just put the Hardening Skin for the Minotaur as Statistics Amplification, not Invulnerability.

What Griffin and Medeus have both accepted can probably be applied.

Thank you for helping out.

Thank you.

Did you follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits were made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary?

Thank you. Should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back