• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A small hax for some Pokémon (mostly legendaries)

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So in at the very least, Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, boss Pokémon are capable of emitting a mysterious force that prevents magical items like orbs from being activated. I'll list what Pokémon are capable of it down below.

This is not to spit in the face of SD, and I mean that

I always thought it was gameplay mechanics as not to make bosses a breeze m, is there anything that implies it's the legends that are the cause of inactivation?

It's explicitly called a "mysterious force" rather than the "but it failed" Pokémon does. Plus it's possible to get the same easy win with seeds.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
I always thought it was gameplay mechanics as not to make bosses a breeze m, is there anything that implies it's the legends that are the cause of inactivation?
Yeah... this. The fact that it is ambiguous, trying to not break immersion and just boots you out of the room/game i would say is game mechanics.

Way too much speculation/headcanon for me.

EDIT:Oh this is about not using orbs in the bossroom? Yeah gameplay mechanics there. Funnily enough what boots you out of a dungeon is also a mysterious force. It's just the game trying to stop exploitation

Does it work on the luxray and such? In Sky (or was it manetric in that?) If it's just legends i can agree with this. But if normal mons get resists to them even though it works on the species at other times, I'm not sure on the upgrade.

It doesn't work on them... (yet at the same time the Lustrous Orb works on Dusknoir in a cutscene)

So game mechanics then? An easy (tedious) way would be to pjck up the game and use the orb against Dusknoir before Temporal Tower , if it doesnt work, probably mechanics. Shouldn't matter though, lot of legends resist stuff like that anyway.

T is stated to actually be a force though that no-sells the orb, rather than game mechanics. If it were game mechanics, I'd expect it to say that it failed.

EDIT: Just caught Aiden's edit.

Back